• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

I would have liked to see him because he is an amazing player but its his loss. I wouldn't want any of the wings from, that time to be playing for the aves so i can see where he is coming from.

gotta respect that! He's old school enough that it's PERSONAL for him. Dont get me wrong, i think he is a douchebag, and I have been a Wings fan for at least 35 years (long as I can remember), but I strangely think it's cool in a way.

What would you think if the Avs tried to sign Shanahan, and he said, "No way, I aint playing for you guys?"

We would ALL be eating that up.

I totally agree with you. I would be irrate if the Wings signed him to anything high. Mainly anything over 2 mil for him. Like you I am very fond of incentive based contracts. I think alot more players should be like this. IE Kronwall, he has not played a full season yet!

At this point I would hae paid $3 mil for Broke Back Bert!

I think Kronwall with the other 9% unemployed in michigan would be lineing up for his check from the state if that would have happend!

Hope he doesn't go to Anaheim or San Jose. He would be such a ****** if he goes to Anaheim. He said no to Dallas and Nashville as well.

I think it is a little ridiculous to want to play for a cup contender right before the deadline after teams like Detroit have been building their team from the ground up all season long.

To inject 3 all star players onto a team right before the deadline is just a little bit of an insult to other teams and the NHL.

Doesnt matter whom he plays for, he'll get injured again.....Is this a surprise to anyone ??

there, people, stop talking about this guy now

Forsberg

sundin

hossa

blake

yeah because on a public forum we have rules here people. you only get to talk about a player if someone that has been posting on the boards for at least 4 years says you can. so please shut up about foppa. and no more posting at all unless its aproved by harold or GS&T. . If you do not follow these rules you will be called a homer.

It's doubtful he'd sign for Detroit but at the same he'd never say he wouldn't sign either. Until he's saying in interviews that he won't sign for Detroit - for whatever reason, be it contract or Avs loyalty - I'm not going to jump the gun.

...well even if he did, that STILL doesn't mean he wouldn't...

...remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kZbdnzMRQ

...I guess if he won't then it's down to Sundin - Blake - Fedorov - Foote (with Sundin costing us the most in return.) I think Hossa out of the question, he would cost WAAAAAAY too much. I personallly would like to see a Fedorov/Foote, but those guys are UFA's at the end (not really sure about Foote's UFA or not.) Butif we land Blake and Sundin that would be fine by me...

...anyone give any thought to Glen Murray or Darryl Sydor?

it looks like he hasn't put the past behind either.

Honestly, I doubt that has anything to do with it. This seems like a pretty clear-cut case of "I need money, but I don't really want to play all that much, so I guess I'll just get some idiot to give me the security of a 2-year, big-money deal because I'm just that revered."

That sucks.

Adding a guy like Forsberg would've been huge given the circumstances. Those that are making comments insulting him would praise any Red Wing who told the Avalanche "no" due to the old rivalry had Colorado been one of the front runners for their services.

exactly.

though, I'm glad we won't have him. for the same reasons he said no.

that would be very wrong to see him in Winged Wheel. he's just hall

of fame of our enemies and period.

that being said, this is ballsy from him. shows that his attitude is not

just money or Cup chances.

yeah because on a public forum we have rules here people. you only get to talk about a player if someone that has been posting on the boards for at least 4 years says you can. so please shut up about foppa. and no more posting at all unless its aproved by harold or GS&T. . If you do not follow these rules you will be called a homer.

OR....

Instead of creating 5 threads about trading for or signing one player, everyone stick to the one that already exists.

This board has a cool little feature called "Search" it is almost like using what some call "Google" except it only searches the Letsgowings.com message board for whatever words you put in the text field!!!

AMAZING!!!

TERRIFIC!!!

SUPERB!!!

You may be asking yourself how do I get the rights to use this amazing feature, do I have to make payments, do I have to be a certain level poster, do I need moderator permission.

NO, all you have to do is use it!!!

Honestly, I doubt that has anything to do with it. This seems like a pretty clear-cut case of "I need money, but I don't really want to play all that much, so I guess I'll just get some idiot to give me the security of a 2-year, big-money deal because I'm just that revered."

I think it still has something to do with it. This makes the third or fourth time he's said no to Detroit. I think one or two of those were during the no cap era as well.

Don't forget that he came to Detroit in trade not as a FA signing. Chelios coming to Detroit was supposed to be a punishment from Writz.

I am sooo thankful I don't have to deal with nutpuncher playing here. Now if only he can stay outta Philly...

...I guess if he won't then it's down to Sundin - Blake - Fedorov - Foote (with Sundin costing us the most in return.) I think Hossa out of the question, he would cost WAAAAAAY too much. I personallly would like to see a Fedorov/Foote, but those guys are UFA's at the end (not really sure about Foote's UFA or not.) Butif we land Blake and Sundin that would be fine by me...

...anyone give any thought to Glen Murray or Darryl Sydor?

To tell you the truth watching Glen Murray on a regular basis for the past 5-7 years (however long he has been in boston) he is starting to go down hill. He has lost a step, had nagging injuries nothing to major but nagging. Most of his goals are Hullie goals, a great feed from Savard, Kessel, or Bergereon (when he was playing) and a decent one timer. The problem is that sometimes his one timer hits the net and sometimes it hits a board with short glass on it and no netting attached if you know what I mean.

There was a lot of talks about Dallas wanting him early in the season on a line with Modano, but as the season has progress Dallas has wained interest and looks to have decided against it.

Now not that he is not still a talent but he costs almost 4x as much as Sammy.

Now I know stats don't tell the whole story but here is a little side by side:

GM

34gp 10 g 9 a 19 pts +2 24Pim 4ppg 2ppa 18:19 ATOI $4.15M

MS

51 GP 8 G 19 a 27 pts +12 14PIM 2ppg 5ppa 15:51 ATOI $1.2M

I cannot say how good it is to hear this. Simply put now it isn't our fault whatever happens, it is all on him.

If I learned anything from Bertuzzi it is that I hate having to root for people I don't like. Now I don't have to make that compromise for this dick.

Just sign somewhere so you can fall apart and retire already.

What, i don't get to see him in a Wings jersey?

Well i'm not upset at all. He is washed up at this point, IMO. Not worth a dime seeing as though he has not even completed a full season in how long?

Have fun watching the playoffs on TV Pete!

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I am not the guy who wants Forskin here, but I do like the Idea of not tapping into the petting zoo for someone. But guys I don't think it is that he does not want to play for Detroit becuase it is one time rival. I don't think that Detroit wanted to pay him the rumoured $5,000,000 per for 2-3 years...

Or maybe this is all a ploy? The thing I question is there is no qoutes from either side on this part of the article....

Coulple of things

1. Had McCarty or Shanny or another big part of that rivalry signed on with the Aves, there are those here that would piss and moan about it and call him a traitor. I for one applaud it. All we do is whine and ***** about players having no loyalty to their teams anymore and here's a guy who is respecting the team that made his entire career by not signing with the team that was its arch nemesis for so long.

2. We don't need him. We need a big body up front or a gritty, big body on the blueline (Steve Staios-make it happen Ken). Forsberg certainly wouldn't hurt your chances of winning but we have more pressing needs.

In all, I don't care where he signs. Colorado isn't going to compete for the cup. Philadelphia we don't worry about until the Cup finals so let's not count our chickens yet and start worrying about that when and if it happens.

Now we can focus on getting a player we truly need that doesn't cost us too much.

Eklund the Mysterious Tool Bag is at it again. Dupping his readers in another way. After all this tim saying that Forskin and the wings a possibility. This morning he writes breaking news on the fact that someone close to Foppa told him personally last year that Foppa would not go to the wings!!! I can't take this guy and his slander...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I think Harold might be offended by you lumping him in with me.

PS: I don't dub people homers for talking about other players or starting umpteen million threads. I've never complained about there being too many threads nor have I asked anyone to not post about something.

So nice try redneck but no cigar for you today.

I think Harold might be offended by you lumping him in with me.

PS: I don't dub people homers for talking about other players or starting umpteen million threads. I've never complained about there being too many threads nor have I asked anyone to not post about something.

So nice try redneck but no cigar for you today.

BTW its hillbilly. there is a difference :P and i don't like cigar. give me a plug of chew.

Well, Forsberg isn't going to Calgary, Pittsburgh, Dallas or San Jose either. He has NOT denied Anaheim yet. This concerns me as they are probably Detroits biggest threat.

Here is the article:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229000&hubname=

I hope he goes to Colorado. Anywhere but Anaheim. How much more money under the cap can Anaheim be anyways. Christ!