• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

I love how there are threads with people bitching about Downie, Boulerice or even Clarke back in the day and how thuggish they are, but yet the classy wings fans say "Break some one's ankle!!!!!"

Right, how dare we wish to see Floppa get injured. :rolleyes:

I love how there are threads with people bitching about Downie, Boulerice or even Clarke back in the day and how thuggish they are, but yet the classy wings fans say "Break some one's ankle!!!!!"

Right. Because Forsberg is such a nice, classy guy himself, and we should all wish him the best. He's such a nice guy, and fan favorite in Detroit, and we should all want to see him succeed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kp-Wings

I hate forsberg and blake. they were both avs from back in the day and we don't need that kind of crap on our team. there are some players that just should not be given the opportunity to wear the winged wheel. i was pissed about bertuzzi last year, so i'm glad forsberg doesn't want to come here. can you imagine him and mccarty (assuming he comes back) playing togeather? forsberg would have thrown a kink into the team chem as the older wings likely still hold a grudge against all those guys.

Isn't the business angle what he is doing? going to the highest priced bidder, regardless of reaching the supposed hockey players ultimate dream of lifting the cup.

Going for money sounds like an all business philosophy to me.

Right. Because Forsberg is such a nice, classy guy himself, and we should all wish him the best. He's such a nice guy, and fan favorite in Detroit, and we should all want to see him succeed. :rolleyes:

So what has he done to you, your dog, your g/f that makes him such a non-classy guy. Does he dive, yes, did he play for the hated avs, yes. Other than that what makes him such a classless person.

Just asking you brought it up, I have nothing that says he is a great person nor a horrible person, so to me he is just another person.

I don't know maybe it is me, maybe I should wish hateful things on people that I do not know nor have I ever had contact with because I don't like the team he played for or that he was partly responsible for beating my team in the WCF!!!

Because the guy is not a fan favorite some one should wish him physical harm, career ending physical harm at that.

If this was Z, you all would be on here singing his praises about how hard he is working to get back on the ice, but the difference is who you like and don't like!

Which is your preference, not knocking it.

All hatred of Forsberg is obviously justified by the fact that no Red Wing has ever taken a dive in the history of hockey. Nope. Never happened.

Hoping he gets hurt after everything he's done to try and keep playing is really low. If he comes back and plays a few more years he deserves the same accolades Yzerman got for coming back from knee surgery. It would be a really impressive accomplishment and a show of ultimate dedication. The guy is filthy rich, among other things because he was a ground level investor in the company that sells those hideous crocs that everyone wears now. He doesn't need hockey and he doesn't need the money. He does it because he loves it and he has pride.

All hatred of Forsberg is obviously justified by the fact that no Red Wing has ever taken a dive in the history of hockey. Nope. Never happened.

Hoping he gets hurt after everything he's done to try and keep playing is really low. If he comes back and plays a few more years he deserves the same accolades Yzerman got for coming back from knee surgery. It would be a really impressive accomplishment and a show of ultimate dedication. The guy is filthy rich, among other things because he was a ground level investor in the company that sells those hideous crocs that everyone wears now. He doesn't need hockey and he doesn't need the money. He does it because he loves it and he has pride.

For your defense of Forsberg, you must bring us a shrubbery.

If he doesn't need the money and is coming back for love of the game, what's with the "highest bidder" attitude?

Yeah really, and this too, this is just disturbing! ewww!

Nice video.

I can't stand the guy, but damn he's good. I forgot how physical he was too.

166 points in 144 career playoff games (63 goals and 103 assists).

And if he were healthy, people wouldn't want this guy why exactly? Because he was a part of a big rivalry 10 years ago?

If he doesn't need the money and is coming back for love of the game, what's with the "highest bidder" attitude?

I don't get how him not wanting to play for Detroit makes it a "highest bidder" attitude. Is there evidence of that?

There's other factors like length of contract offered, potential teammates, coaching staff, likelihood of winning the Cup.

Though honestly Detroit is a pretty good option on all those except the first one. I'm thinking this may be another Bertuzzi situation where he's looking for a longer term than Holland would likely offer given Forsberg's health question mark.

If his reason really is the rivalry with Detroit, it's a stupid one. Though if a Wings player gave the same reason not to play for the Avs, they'd be hailed as a hero here.

In north america its called you still want to be rewarded $'s for your efforts. Perhaps he wants to donate the large chunk of his salary to a charty of his choice somewhere/anywhere else

we don't know why... but it is all just a business in the end. Like with most business attitudes more money you get the more you feel accomplished.... which explains why people get pissy about a .5% annual merit increase i guess.

Has anyone ever stopped to consider the following:

1) Forsberg went to Philly the first time w/ a lot of hype and hopes that went unmet. This is also the team that drafted him. He's a proud man and he feels he has unfinished business there.

2) He might want a multi-year contract because it would mean stability and the ability to focus on the game instead of wondering where he'll be next season. This really isn't about money.

I don't get this "highest bidder" thing. Where is that coming from?

1) Forsberg went to Philly the first time w/ a lot of hype and hopes that went unmet. This is also the team that drafted him. He's a proud man and he feels he has unfinished business there.

2) He might want a multi-year contract because it would mean stability and the ability to focus on the game instead of wondering where he'll be next season. This really isn't about money.

I think it's like when you ask a girl out, and she doesn't go out with you because she likes someone else.

So naturally she's a ***** and a total snob. :D

not that that's ever happened to me. :unsure:

I might have mentioned it in passing becuase that is the mentality of red wings fans... "how could they NOT want to play here??? I mean OMG we are the best team EVA!!.... It has to be because they are money hungry!!! i just has to be the reason" Putting aside fact that economically our state has been run to the ground and is a vast waste land of ForSale signs... So yeah i apologize, i look at it the same way you do, he wants stability in the end.... somthing that Kenny doesn't offer when looking at the trade deadline for a rentaplayer.

Edited by OsGOD

Why is it such a big deal that some people don't like the guy, even if for no other reason than he was an Av? Is it that "shocking" and hard to understand? It'd be foolish to say he wasn't/isn't a great player, but it's not exactly coming out of left field for a Wings fan to state opposition to him joining the Wings.

I have no problem with people not wanting him in Detroit due to the old rivalry. It's sort of nuts but I can deal w/ it. That's what being a fan is all about, I suppose. There are no rules saying you have to be rational.

What I have a problem with is wishing him injury, misery, or eternal torment for the same reason. I just don't get why some people think it's dandy to say, "I hope someone breaks his ankle". I mean, I wouldn't reply to a debate on these boards with "I hope someone runs over your puppy." Some things are just sort of repugnant.

Isn't the business angle what he is doing? going to the highest priced bidder, regardless of reaching the supposed hockey players ultimate dream of lifting the cup.

Going for money sounds like an all business philosophy to me.

If that's true then why the "traitor" comment from him, why not just say Detroit didn't offer enough?

I have no problem with people not wanting him in Detroit due to the old rivalry. It's sort of nuts but I can deal w/ it. That's what being a fan is all about, I suppose. There are no rules saying you have to be rational.

What I have a problem with is wishing him injury, misery, or eternal torment for the same reason. I just don't get why some people think it's dandy to say, "I hope someone breaks his ankle". I mean, I wouldn't reply to a debate on these boards with "I hope someone runs over your puppy." Some things are just sort of repugnant.

I have found "I will kick your mamma square in the teeth" to be a very viable ice breaker myself.

Forsberg was a leader for the Avs during several years of heated rivalry. I would be kind of surprised if playing here didn't make him feel sort of funny. I suspect you'd never have seen Chelios here either, if he had any say in the matter when he was traded.