• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Something I must complain about

Rate this topic

Jiri Hudler... no goals in 13 games.

I'm sorry, but as somebody that's supposed to be picking up the slack for secondary scoring, this guy has been totally invisable the past month. If he's not going to score goals, he's extremely useless on this team, because he brings no other physical elements to the table.

Before the anti-complain posters attack me for expecting Hudler to be "the next Steve Yzerman", please consider that a good team shouldn't have to rely souly on the 1st line for scoring. I'm not expecting Hudler to score 50 goals and 150 points, but I do expect him to produce more than what he's shown currently.

The Wings need secondary scoring, badly, and since I don't expect Holland to make a big splash at the deadline, it needs to start coming from what they already have. Agree, or disagree?

Jiri Hudler... no goals in 13 games.

I'm sorry, but as somebody that's supposed to be picking up the slack for secondary scoring, this guy has been totally invisable the past month. If he's not going to score goals, he's extremely useless on this team, because he brings no other physical elements to the table.

Before the anti-complain posters attack me for expecting Hudler to be "the next Steve Yzerman", please consider that a good team shouldn't have to rely souly on the 1st line for scoring. I'm not expecting Hudler to score 50 goals and 150 points, but I do expect him to produce more than what he's shown currently.

The Wings need secondary scoring, badly, and since I don't expect Holland to make a big splash at the deadline, it needs to start coming from what they already have. Agree, or disagree?

I agree 100%. Back in December when Z was out and Datsyuk and Homer were a bit slow, we kept winning because Hudler and Flip were scoring consistently. Hudler has been a big dissapointment to me, and I think we could potentially see a Jason Williams situation where Hudler is traded at the deadline, either in a package for a big name, or another depth player

I'll say this again. When did our string of bad play start? The moment Cleary was injured.

Edited by RedFX

our problems run a lot deeper than hudler. basically, nobody contributes offensively outside of our top line, lids and rafalski and cleary. that's it. this team's lack of depth has really been exposed lately. seemingly, we don't have enough consistent skill to play the skill game and we don't have the size or strength or speed to play any other style. in short, wings have a lot of work to do if they expect to get anywhere in the post season.

I think if you are gonna complain about Hudler, you need to also complain about flip as well. However, I understand he should be scoring, but he is always on the third line, whereas Babs refuses to drop Sammuelson out of the top 2 lines. Plus, besides the Dats-homer-flip line, Huds-kopy line played really good tonight, well with respect to the rest of the team. Although if you look at the Wings point leaders, hudler is like the 5th best point getter on our team behind Dats, Z, Homer, and Cleary.

I dont know, maybe I am just a sucker for Huds, but I think Sammy is way more expendable than him. And I dont see how one can claim Flip is any more valuable than Hudler, as they are both in a big slump.

I think if you are gonna complain about Hudler, you need to also complain about flip as well. However, I understand he should be scoring, but he is always on the third line, whereas Babs refuses to drop Sammuelson out of the top 2 lines. Plus, besides the Dats-homer-flip line, Huds-kopy line played really good tonight, well with respect to the rest of the team. Although if you look at the Wings point leaders, hudler is like the 5th best point getter on our team behind Dats, Z, Homer, and Cleary.

I dont know, maybe I am just a sucker for Huds, but I think Sammy is way more expendable than him. And I dont see how one can claim Flip is any more valuable than Hudler, as they are both in a big slump.

I know Samuelsson is worse, but if I dare create a Samuelsson bashing thread, certain members (whose names I'd love to mention, just to be a dick, but I won't) will have a heart attack if anyone ever says anything bad about Samuelsson, who, in their eyes, is the God of hockey.

As for Filppula... because he can do other things, he doesn't stand out quite as much, but I definitly agree. Filppula has been a big disappointment as well. It stands to reason as he has even less of an excuse, because he get's more ice time.

I know Samuelsson is worse, but if I dare create a Samuelsson bashing thread, certain members (whose names I'd love to mention, just to be a dick, but I won't) will have a heart attack if anyone ever says anything bad about Samuelsson, who, in their eyes, is the God of hockey.

As for Filppula... because he can do other things, he doesn't stand out quite as much, but I definitly agree. Filppula has been a big disappointment as well. It stands to reason as he has even less of an excuse, because he get's more ice time.

I have to agree, Filppula is definently the better defensive player, probably due to his better skating. Although it was weird, when our roster was fully functioning with no injuries, Flip was playing on second line with Hudler for a little while, and only Hudler would be on the powerplay. Now, Flip is on the powerplay and hudler hasnt been. I like them both, but Hudler has been in the league longer than Flip, and I can see if the physical play picks up in the playoffs Babs probably wont even play Hudler, so why not trade him if it would be good for his ice time as well.

I don't have a problem when someone isn't scoring, if they work hard they'll break out of it. But that is the thing--he and even Flip look like they are giving about 50% every night. And that is so irritating to watch and that lack of energy I am sure rubs off on their teammates. That said, I don't think that the red wings' problems begin and end here and unfortunately we won't get out of this slump until everyone is willing to give 100% and actually be focused--hint hint Samuelsuck. BTW, this whole seconday scoring situation/dilemma is just proving how important it is for us to sign Cleary long term.

Hudler has literally been a waste of space the past month, I agree. I really really hope he is involved in a trade at the deadline because he is exactly what we need less of. Filppula has always been better all around and although he's not scoring, he is still driving the net, winning battles in the corners, and creating scoring opportunities. Kopecky is also playing MUCH better, he's finally using his body on a regular basis and he is getting dirty in the corners and shooting when he has a shot. I'm afraid Hudler will only get worse in the playoffs too

I don't mind Samuelsson aslong as he keeps his game simple which is taking a shot whenever he has an opportunity, hitting the net and trying for a rebound rather than firing it over the net and off the glass. When he hesitated to take that shot today and it ended up on a 2 on 1 that is exactly what he needs to not do

Guest Crymson
I'm ready for Kopecky to take his place in the lineup, and put him on the table alongside Sammy and Lilja for tradebait.

Lilja is on the last year of his contract. He is not tradebait. Stop dreaming.

Edited by Crymson

Lilja is on the last year of his contract. He is not tradebait. Stop dreaming.

um, call me crazy but arn't ufa's normally traded?

Sundin, Hossa, heck even Feds arn't they all trade bait because they're on the last year of their contracts as well?

Guest Crymson
um, call me crazy but arn't ufa's normally traded?

Sundin, Hossa, heck even Feds arn't they all trade bait because they're on the last year of their contracts as well?

Yes, but that's because their teams will likely not make the playoffs and trading them will allow teams in playoff contention a greater chance of making the playoffs and winning the Cup.

The Wings are in playoff contention. They are buying, not selling, and no team outside of playoff contention will give anything for a soon-to-be UFA.

I'm glad people are seeing the Light. I'd part with Hudler much sooner than I would Flip, but right now, they're both playing like trade bait.

I've got to think Hudler is gone. And Sammy. If they're both on the roster come the playoffs, I'm going to scream.

I'm glad people are seeing the Light. I'd part with Hudler much sooner than I would Flip, but right now, they're both playing like trade bait.

I've got to think Hudler is gone. And Sammy. If they're both on the roster come the playoffs, I'm going to scream.

As am I. Ive been saying trade Hudler all damn year! But as usual, most people here tend to not want a guy traded until his trade value plummets. Still though, something can be had for him. It wont be a Sundin or Hossa, but you can still find something you need, and potentially a key piece for him. Flip is obviously struggling as well, but he has twice the potential that Hudler does for this team. As ive always said, Jiri's the one that longterm doesnt fit in here, especially considering our makeup and the types of players we produce. He's more than expendable.

Allright guys this is what i think is the best for us (my opinion)

Trade Samuelsson and 3rd rounder straight up for ryder (both are in slumps but a change for both teams might just be the boost they need)

Bring up Dmac

Will at least get a bit bigger

That would leave us with this offensive lineup

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom

Ryder Flip Cleary

Maltby Draper Mccarthy (grind line back)

Kopecky Franzen Downey

Drake

then we should trade our first round, hudler and prospect for rob blake

wich would leave us with these defensive pairings:

Lidstrom Rafalski

Blake Kronwall

Lebda / Lilja / Chelios

That's one crazy top 4 defensive pairing ...

We would have a great defensive minded team ... we would be getting bigger and stronger offensively and defensively ... we would be a much more all around energy team ... your thoughts guys?

I do like Hudler, and I've been against trading him all along, but now that I think about it, Babcock won't play him in the playoffs anyways. Might as well give him to a developing team and get someone who can perform in the playoffs.

Hudler hasnt been impressing lately, But in all seriousness, Who has really?

I think its the season finally taking a toll on him physically/mentally. I have nothing against the kid, But his game is horribly 1- dimensional. And when his Offense isn't clicking, Then he overall just looks lost.

Overall - Id say Trade him, Sammy/Franzen will do alot better with 2nd line minutes then Hudler will. And with the offensive upside he brings, Youth, Potential. I can see us being able to get a solid player in return.

Yeah, getting a little concerned about the lack of offense besides for the 1st line. It is always expected that a player or two hit a dry patch for a few games at a time. Yet, it seems about 7 players have hit the skids at the same time. I know it may sound dumb, and very superstitious, but I am somewhat glad to see this 5 game skid now instead of the usual first or second round of the playoffs as it has happened the last few years.

i like hudler, but if he can't pick things up then i think you need to look for another option. I like the idea of bringing mccarty up, but i think trading hudler and sammy (cause he's an absolute retard with the puck) and a draft pick for a solid 2nd line scorer needs to be done. dats, z, homer and cleary can't win a cup by themselves.

when his Offense isn't clicking, Then he overall just looks lost.

That's because that's all he has -- his "puck wizard" skills.

If you're going to have a player like that on your team, he needs to be putting the puck in the net. Otherwise, like you said, there's nothing else going for him. Certainly not his physical package or two-way play.

At this point, I see no reason why Kenny shouldn't be going full-tilt for Hossa. Hudler, Flip, Sammy -- all fair game.

To put this into perspective:

Over the last nine games, Hudler has scored 0-2-2, -2. Those subpar numbers have led to most people begging for this non-goal scoring, non-physical, defensive liability to be traded. Now, let's compare him to Filppula, who everyone says is a future star and must not be traded. Filppula in the last nine games has scored 0-1-1, -3. Flip also has consistently been playing on a top line with offensive players above his own caliber, while Hudler has been relegated to the third line with guys who are much worse offensively than he is, and has been playing quite a bit less than Flip at ES and on the PP.

If you're gonna throw Hudler under the bus, you have to throw Flip there as well because he has not been any better at either end of the ice recently.

2nd line scoring has been an issue all season, in spite of what the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp said.

Sammy has been a disappointment in the goals department, which doesn't help. And the Wings needed Flip and Hudler to step up in a big way. Things looked promising the first half of the season, but now headed into the playoffs, not so much.

Though honestly if they're gonna slump, I'm glad they're going it now to expose the lack of secondary scoring, so hopefully Holland makes a move.