• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Goalie Pads

Rate this topic

So I'm watching the Sens Ducks game, and I've been pretty against reducing pad sizes over the past few years, but Giguere is just ridiculous. He just stands there sucks pucks in and the commentators are practically orgasming on his "saves". How are his pads even legal by today's standards?? Where the hell is Duck Guy, we need an ambassador to explain this fiasco!

Seriously, if lowering pad sizes will make Giguere actually use some skill and reflexes, I'm all for it. Consider me converted.

Also, sorry for those of you who are tired of talking about pad sizes, its just that I haven't seen the Ducks' net all night, and the commentators are trying to assure me its still back there...

Guest CaliWingsNut

Officals are siding with ducks aswell... but yeah I think it's pretty well accepted that his pads are way too big.

So I'm watching the Sens Ducks game, and I've been pretty against reducing pad sizes over the past few years, but Giguere is just ridiculous. He just stands there sucks pucks in and the commentators are practically orgasming on his "saves". How are his pads even legal by today's standards?? Where the hell is Duck Guy, we need an ambassador to explain this fiasco!

Seriously, if lowering pad sizes will make Giguere actually use some skill and reflexes, I'm all for it. Consider me converted.

Also, sorry for those of you who are tired of talking about pad sizes, its just that I haven't seen the Ducks' net all night, and the commentators are trying to assure me its still back there...

Lol, I have been with you all along.

Our goaltending is good, but we have at least 10 more shots than the opposing team on almost any given day.

If pad sizes were reduced, our awesome defence + unreal offense could potentially blow out other teams.

So I trust that Ozzy and Hasek could adapt to this, whereas other goalies (such as Giguere) would need to learn some actual goaltending techniques.

I still can figure out how Giguere's pads are legal. He is the size of a house in the net. I know they have measured his pads in the past. Do you think that he has two sets. One when he thinks that he might get measured then another that he uses most of the time?

Officals are siding with ducks aswell... but yeah I think it's pretty well accepted that his pads are way too big.

Really? I think the refs have been pretty fair tonight. They've been pretty rough to Ottawa's coach tonight, but aside that I've been content. Besides, the Sens have had their chances, they just aren't capitalizing. The Ducks do deserve to win this one.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Really? I think the refs have been pretty fair tonight. They've been pretty rough to Ottawa's coach tonight, but aside that I've been content. Besides, the Sens have had their chances, they just aren't capitalizing. The Ducks do deserve to win this one.

I think they've sided with ANA throughout on penalties... (I say this as ANA is on yet another PP)

I still can figure out how Giguere's pads are legal. He is the size of a house in the net. I know they have measured his pads in the past. Do you think that he has two sets. One when he thinks that he might get measured then another that he uses most of the time?

I doubt it. Not with as much crap as Dipietro went through for switching to non-inspected pads before a game.

Sadly his pads are legal. I hope they fix it but, scared to hear what the results will be.

Side note: Most of NASCAR's 50ish page rulebook covers equipment specs and there are still loopholes.

Giggy's pads are legal. if they were not he would have to change them. Some goalies like small pads some like bigger ones. It is all about how comfortable they are to them. And i dont think that something has to be done with the goalie's pads or the size of the net. :thumbup: I dont see the problem.

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/04-12/ducks12e_386.jpg

Okay we've done this before, but look at giggy,....look at the freaking size of his chest pad, it's enormous.

Now look at Grant Fuhr, from probably,....88.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/224010.jpg?...84831B75F48EF45

And people wonder why scoring is down, are you freaking kidding me?

this should go into the "Ducks" thread that should be pinned. <_<

Look man,..i know you like your team,...we all like our favorite teams

but please look at the two pictures and tell me something isn't wrong about that.

Yes what giggy does is legal,...but so where Banana curve sticks for a while before the NHL cracked down in the 60's.

If the NHL makes giggy wear what Fuhr is wearing there, do you really think he's going to be successful?

Guest CaliWingsNut
Look man,..i know you like your team,...we all like our favorite teams

but please look at the two pictures and tell me something isn't wrong about that.

Yes what giggy does is legal,...but so where Banana curve sticks for a while before the NHL cracked down in the 60's.

If the NHL makes giggy wear what Fuhr is wearing there, do you really think he's going to be successful?

Fuhr image not working for me.

Giguere's pads are legal.

But he's under investigation for tucking his chest protector into his "goalie pants".

That way, whenever he goes down into his butterfly the chesprotector rises way above his shoulder, which gives him an advantage, 5-hole wise..

I guess we'll here something soon about that.

As i read through these posts i swear every one of these topics came too my mind after seeing the past 3 duck games. I was talking too my friend abouts gigueres oversized pads a couple weeks ago.. Anyone know his height and weight without all his pads? I just can't imagine players trying too put that puck past him from more than 5 feet from the net.

Anyways Im from san diego and we get all the anahiem games, and its like almost every game the announcers seem to talk crap about the other goalies having such "huge pads" and im sitting here thinking how are you going to say that about cujo, gerber, ect whos pads are tiny compared to gigueres ridiculousely sized pads and not say one word about the size of his pads.

I kind of disagree, Senators got a penality for high sticking when the glove not the stick hit the face of kunitz. Kunitz retaliated with a few jabs and got nothing. Ottawa's coach had a front row seat of the whole thing, and i don't blame him for giving it to the ref for not giving the ducks a penalty also.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

No lie.

I know it is a catch-22 what I am about to say, but if you want to address reducing equipment size, fine.

But it is getting beyond the point of beating this subject to death with a 2 x 4. I know it's an OMG WE HATE THE DUCKS and OMG WE HATE GIGUERE, THEY STINK bias thread, but if his pads were "illegal", whoever is in charge would have handled this situation a long time ago and Giguere would have had to comply with rules much earlier.

Anyone know his height and weight without all his pads?

Giguere is 6'1", 201 lbs. He's a big guy for a goalie. A couple of you complained that his pads are a lot bigger than retired goalies like Moog and Fuhr. Fuhr was 5'11", 184. Moog was 5'8", 170. That's like comparing apples to oranges.