• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HenrikRules40

Ladies equivalent to playoff beard

Rate this topic

RGDT = red game day thong

String = the stuff we used to make friendship bracelets out of when we were ten

Yarn = the fuzzy stuff grandma knits with

OHHHHHHHHH! Thanks for the explaination...Hey wait, I knit. :unsure: I just made socks.:lol:

Edited by wingnut40

Well, I don't do thongs, game day or otherwise...:P

And my leg hair just doesn't grow - I haven't shaved my legs since last summer and I still don't have to.

So I will do the red and white string bracelets. :)

BTW - just a suggestion...embroidery floss would be better than yarn. Yarn is thick and if the weather gets warm it could get scratchy. Embroidery floss is thinner but strong and I think it would be more comfortable going into June. ;)

I'll get a few skeins of red (and just one of white, because of course we are going to win more games than we lose, so I will need more red than I will white. :D) on my next day off, which is Wednesday.

This is a great idea - if you don't mind I'm going to post it on another Wings fan message board!

This is a great idea - if you don't mind I'm going to post it on another Wings fan message board!

Spread the word I think it would be awesome if people not only on this thread did this so tell your friends. Everyone knows about the playoff beard, us ladies need to be able to do something too!

Embroidery floss!!! THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure that out all day. It's amazing how much that ate into my brain haha! Thanks. I was calling it string. :rolleyes:

Thats the stuff I was talking about...I didnt know it had a name...haha. :blink:

Yes that is the stuff I am buying...and have been talking about this entire time...I call it string, I think I will still call it string.

Guest LivingtheDream

No man, a true playoff tradition, at least in Ann Arbor, is for women to grow out the pit hair!

500367137BYbMmG_ph.jpg

Cool! I'm a middle-aged woman who can't grow leg hair and feels guilty plucking out the face hairs during the playoffs. This is perfect. I did the playoff pits last year, but no one noticed. I need a life.

String/yarn/floss/20 gauge wire. Whatever. I'm in.

Ladies! Aren't you sick of being unable to participate in the playoff beard ritual? I am! Granted, some have a more sasquatch-esque hue to their faces, but should I really subject the world to that? Nah...I'll spare you.

We came up with the idea of bracelets or strings around our wrists. Seeing as how the playoff beard lasts the whole time, wins and losses, we're gonna do the same. You're all welcome to participate...boys too.

Rules:

Tie a red string around your wrist for a win.

Tie a white string around your wrist for a loss.

Post pictures as we go!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Sorry, I just wear Red through the playoffs until they get knocked out. All these pathetic Blues fans around here know my Wings are still it because I'm still wearing red.

Guest QuackQuack

This thread had so much potential and then I realized it was about bracelets. I'll be back, im going to go take a cold shower. :unsure:

Good idea for the ladies. When I read the title of this post, I was sure it was going somewhere else lol. But this is a much better idea. This way it will be easy to spot female Wings fans around town. You ladies should call into the radio stations and spread the word.