• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bad Andy

NHL on NBC

Rate this topic

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/23869143#23869143

He says Detroit is in trouble during his western Conference rundown. They are too old, no blanced offense and goaltending is unproven this year. and of course all of our points are against St. Louis, Columbus, Chicago and Nashville... Why are these guys so clueless?!?!?

It's even funnier when all the stats scrolling at the bottom show Detroit in the top 5 of everything!

this guy is a joke and he ruins the games on NBC, and TSN.

we're ALWAYS too old and no balanced offense and blah blah no clutch goaltending even though both goalies have won stanley cups as the starter blah blah.

dont listen to him! im sure he picked the sharks to win? every team has their own certain problems but the truth is this: any team can win the Cup with solid goaltending in the playoffs. forget scoring, games are more like 2-1 3-2 than a shootout, forget a balanced attack, the Wings DO have players that tend to step up in the playoffs, and aside, Franzen is going off right now and i can promise you i certainly never expected him to do that, all in all, Pierre doesnt know what he's talking about.

We were too old in 2002. Jesus, we must be dinosaurs now!!!

Pierre generally knows his stuff, but he is sooo abrasive, rudely oppinionated that he ruins any potential good qualities he may have.

Almost everytime in the West has a decent shot at the conference title. It is a tough, tough class to be top of.

It's a PREDICTION people.

Analysts predict all the time. I don't get why this upsets so much. Who cares about what they think? The predictions aren't played on the ice. They mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

And people have said the same stuff about Detroit more/less for a while now. And you know what? People said the same things about the teams when they DIDN'T win it all in 97, 98, or 2002.

This shouldn't be a shock to people.

Pierre is an idiot and the guy with him at intermission was basically calling him that. He said that either the Rags or the Pens would win the cup LOL..........guess who was playing in the game today? Stupid, he always sucks off the team he is covering

Mcguire said the same thing a month ago, he is just trying to stay by his word

people who live in america, you really don't know how much of an idiot the guy is on TSN

I truly hate him, his sense in hockey is s***...Im shocked NBC has him working for them, its embarrising

NBC's intermission crap is so stupid this year. It was pretty entertaining last year when they had Brett Hull, but now, with Pierre, it's just annoying.

even though Brett said a few things that just simply were not true, i still liked him, and you're exactly right. he made the Intermission report worth while. both of the guys doing it now just annoy me.

I have to listen to McGuire everyday on TSN and the FAN590 in Toronto. The guy drives me nuts!!

Funny how he says our goaltending is unproven, when they have 3 cup rings combined. Along with Giggy and Brodeur, our goaltending has the most playoff experience. Montreal, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Jose, Vancouver, etc. goalies are unproven.

I don't know how anyone can say our scoring isn't balanced, when we've scored the most goals in the League. How can the team that leads the league in scoring be unbalanced? When you look at other teams, their scoring only comes from a hand full of players. We can get scoring from Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Filppula, Hudler, Cleary, Franzen, Sammy, Lidstrom, and Rafalski. Even Draper can chip in a key goal now and then.

Due to the Salary Cap and parity, we have the best all around team in the league. We have a good mix of size, strength, and speed.

Oh well, it's probably better that we don't go in the playoffs as favorites. But it's funny that no one seems to mention that we went to the conference finals last year, and that we were only a few breaks away from making it to the Finals, and probably winning. There's unfinished business we need to take care of, we'll be a force this year.

You know why mainstream America thinks hockey is dumb or not worthy?

NBC

ESPN

Pierre Mcliar

Barry "the mullet" Melrose

and so on.........

McGuire.

I like Pierre. Usually he is optimistic about Detroit actually, so I'm surprised by this. I don't know where he gets too old from though, it's quite the illogical statement. Hasek and Chelios, that's it, but at the end of the day Hasek has the mindset of a 30 year old, and Chelios has the stamina of a 24 year old.

Oh well, just remember...

PHANEUF IS A MONSTER!

McGuire.

I like Pierre. Usually he is optimistic about Detroit actually, so I'm surprised by this. I don't know where he gets too old from though, it's quite the illogical statement. Hasek and Chelios, that's it, but at the end of the day Hasek has the mindset of a 30 year old, and Chelios has the stamina of a 24 year old.

PHANEUF IS A MONSTER!

I used to enjoy listening to what Pierre had to say, but I guess I just get tired of the backhanded comments towards Detroit. He doesn't seem to be as positive towards Detroit. I mean does anyone look at stats? Goaltending, come on.

Edited by miller76

McGuire.

PHANEUF IS A MONSTER!

Did you really not catch what he was going for with "Mcliar?" <_<

That was hilarious when he said the Wings have beaten up on the Central this year?

That just proves beyond a doubt that he spews out all the old talking points without actually doing any research for himself. But he loves him some Ducks.

pierre has proven over and over again that he knows jack about hockey. i keep hoping he gets hit by an errant puck while he's standing in that little box between the benches. i doubt he has the quick dodging reactions that murph has when he's down there.

That just proves beyond a doubt that he spews out all the old talking points without actually doing any research for himself. But he loves him some Ducks.

Exactly!

These so-called experts don't even bother me anymore, because they just lose any respect and credibility before I even get angry.