• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Red Wings front office rumors from CBC

Rate this topic

Bye Nill

Promote Yzerman

Nill is one of the best people we have in scouting raw, unproven talent it would be a big loss. Plus I don't think Stevie's ready but he will be soon. I hope they do the best for themselves as everyone should, there's just some opportunities too good to pass up.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

Devellano, Andersson, Draper, all the coaching staff, Fischer, Howe, Cleary, Campbell, Horcoff

Kronwall was hired right around the time Holland left. I'm gonna assume either would have hired him.

Draper is really the only one of Holland's staff to thrive in the Yzerman era. I think Fischer, Cleary, Horcoff, and Kronwall are doing real good, but Draper seems to be the one with ambition and rightly got promoted. Hate to say it, but Verbeek and Draper will likely be our next Jim Nill and Jim Lites. I can see both departing in the next 5-10 years to go run their own programs.

Mark Howe is another name who's been with the Red Wings for seemingly forever. He's 66 now and I wonder how much longer he'll be in that position of head of pro scouting. My guess is he retires in the next 5 years and Yzerman names his brother as head of pro scouting. I heard a few times about Tampa that Steve leaned heavily on his brother for pro scouting.

Fischer is fine in his role. Don't see him as a future GM or anything. Same with Horcoff.

I predict Kronwall to be with the team long term probably get Fischer or Horcoffs job one day.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

Devellano, Andersson, Draper, all the coaching staff, Fischer, Howe, Cleary, Campbell, Horcoff

Kronwall was hired right around the time Holland left. I'm gonna assume either would have hired him.

Draper is really the only one of Holland's staff to thrive in the Yzerman era. I think Fischer, Cleary, Horcoff, and Kronwall are doing real good, but Draper seems to be the one with ambition and rightly got promoted. Hate to say it, but Verbeek and Draper will likely be our next Jim Nill and Jim Lites. I can see both departing in the next 5-10 years to go run their own programs.

Mark Howe is another name who's been with the Red Wings for seemingly forever. He's 66 now and I wonder how much longer he'll be in that position of head of pro scouting. My guess is he retires in the next 5 years and Yzerman names his brother as head of pro scouting. I heard a few times about Tampa that Steve leaned heavily on his brother for pro scouting.

Murray or Marty?  Both arent that young, either.

17 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Fischer and Kronwall are the same age. I don't think Jiri's going anywhere. Still lives in Michigan too.

Kronwall on the other hand has moved back to Sweden. Right now he's "advisor to the GM" which from what I can gather means "The Fischer/Cleary/Horcoff of Europe".

I think it's one of those made up jobs they give to former players until they prove that they can do one of the real jobs. Didn't Chelios have one of those?

On 8/16/2021 at 8:41 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Fischer is fine in his role. Don't see him as a future GM or anything. Same with Horcoff.

I predict Kronwall to be with the team long term probably get Fischer or Horcoffs job one day.

Marian Illitch
|
Chris Illitch
|
Jim Devellano
|
Steve Yzerman
|
Shawn Horcoff ---------- Nick Lidstrom
|
Bryan Campbell -------- Aaron Kahn
|
Dan Cleary -------------- Jiri Fischer ------------ Nicklas Kronwall
|
Various others

Horcoff has himself in a nice little spot. Lidstrom may be technically a VP (and an inexperienced one at that) but Yzerman has basically proclaimed Shawn his right hand man with Lidstrom to oversee operations. Verbeek was poached from Yzerman after 9 years as his assistant. But you have to remember the first 3-5 years of that Tampa wasn't viewed as a powerhouse. Yzerman was still a rookie GM making his way. From here on out Yzerman is viewed as one of the best in the business, even if he is rebuilding Detroit. Horcoff will be on other teams radars within the next 4-5 years, as long as he isn't replaced and the Detroit rebuild continues to gain steam.

Lidstrom, Cleary, Kronwall, and Draper are probably competing to be Horcoff's replacement. I'm betting it will be Draper.  

9 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Marian Illitch
|
Chris Illitch
|
Jim Devellano
|
Steve Yzerman
|
Shawn Horcoff ---------- Nick Lidstrom
|
Bryan Campbell -------- Aaron Kahn
|
Dan Cleary -------------- Jiri Fischer ------------ Nicklas Kronwall
|
Various others

Horcoff has himself in a nice little spot. Lidstrom may be technically a VP (and an inexperienced one at that) but Yzerman has basically proclaimed Shawn his right hand man with Lidstrom to oversee operations. Verbeek was poached from Yzerman after 9 years as his assistant. But you have to remember the first 3-5 years of that Tampa wasn't viewed as a powerhouse. Yzerman was still a rookie GM making his way. From here on out Yzerman is viewed as one of the best in the business, even if he is rebuilding Detroit. Horcoff will be on other teams radars within the next 4-5 years, as long as he isn't replaced and the Detroit rebuild continues to gain steam.

Lidstrom, Cleary, Kronwall, and Draper are probably competing to be Horcoff's replacement. I'm betting it will be Draper.  

I think Yzerman will be around a while.

Ryan Rezmierski no longer appears as our Chief Amateur Scout on the Wings staff page. Gone completely. I suspect he's been poached by Verbeek.

Was long time scout for Nashville and director of personnel for the US development program before us.

Sort of a tough loss. Only 2 drafts with us and now he's gonna give Verbeek all our cool secrets on this draft.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Ryan Rezmierski no longer appears as our Chief Amateur Scout on the Wings staff page. Gone completely. I suspect he's been poached by Verbeek.

Was long time scout for Nashville and director of personnel for the US development program before us.

Sort of a tough loss. Only 2 drafts with us and now he's gonna give Verbeek all our cool secrets on this draft.

I doubt it was contentious.  I'd bet Yzerman assisted the move.

Confirmed that Ryan Rezmierski is now with Anaheim. 

No one taking his place for now.

Therefore:

Kris Draper - Head of amateur scouting
Jesse Wallin - Chief of amateur scouting
Everyone else.

Lets hope that Wallin was the brains - but I doubt it if Rezmierski was the one Verbeek wanted.

Our job gets harder again now. 

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Confirmed that Ryan Rezmierski is now with Anaheim. 

No one taking his place for now.

Therefore:

Kris Draper - Head of amateur scouting
Jesse Wallin - Chief of amateur scouting
Everyone else.

Lets hope that Wallin was the brains - but I doubt it if Rezmierski was the one Verbeek wanted.

Our job gets harder again now. 

Thinking it might be a goid time to bring the Bowmans on as consultants.

Mark Mullen no longer listed as a scout on the Wings website.

And I believe that is the last of the Holland scouts to go (not counting the euro scouts who have basically been untouched.)

So - unless there is a last minute hire - we are rolling into the season with 8 NA scouts, 5 Euro scouts, 1 goalie scout, 4 NA Pro scouts, 1 Euro Pro scout.

This is, to my knowledge, is the most pro scouts on the Wings in a while, and the least amount of amateur scouts in a while. Are we transitioning away from the draft now? Or opening spots for Al Murray to join? Or Helm to join the org when he retires soon?

12 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Mark Mullen no longer listed as a scout on the Wings website.

And I believe that is the last of the Holland scouts to go (not counting the euro scouts who have basically been untouched.)

So - unless there is a last minute hire - we are rolling into the season with 8 NA scouts, 5 Euro scouts, 1 goalie scout, 4 NA Pro scouts, 1 Euro Pro scout.

This is, to my knowledge, is the most pro scouts on the Wings in a while, and the least amount of amateur scouts in a while. Are we transitioning away from the draft now? Or opening spots for Al Murray to join? Or Helm to join the org when he retires soon?

I think the amount of tape available now has made in person scouting less necessary.  Finding diamonds in Omsk, Russia that you only get to see if you go just isnt a thing anymore.  Yzerman goes into the draft and finds the player most like 2002 Yzerman or any year Lidstrom, then drafts him.  Simple strategy.  

>Brings Osaer over from Tampa to be Detroits Head of Goaltending Scouting and Development (a newly created position)

>Trades for calder candidate Ned

>Trades for Husso

>Trades up to take Cossa in the 1st round

>Drafts Augustine high in the 2nd

>Replaces goalie coach with Alex Westlund

>Replaces GR goalie coach with Koistinen

>Hires a Euro goalie scout

I wouldnt be surprised if SY drafts more goalies high, especially if Cossa fails to show promise.

11 hours ago, bIueadams said:

>Brings Osaer over from Tampa to be Detroits Head of Goaltending Scouting and Development (a newly created position)

>Trades for calder candidate Ned

>Trades for Husso

>Trades up to take Cossa in the 1st round

>Drafts Augustine high in the 2nd

>Replaces goalie coach with Alex Westlund

>Replaces GR goalie coach with Koistinen

>Hires a Euro goalie scout

I wouldnt be surprised if SY drafts more goalies high, especially if Cossa fails to show promise.

+ signs Lyon and Reimer

Makes sense tho. Schiddy tendies cost Yman many victories in the early to mid 90s.