• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

PS - When we returned to our friend's house I slipped on their kitchen floor and broke my face. 13 stitches later, Winter Beer Fest 2009 will live on permanently via the scar over my eye.

Well, I'm hoping it doesn't scar. We'll see. :)

Battle scars, baby! That beer showed you who was boss, LOL.

I tried Brooklyn Brown Ale today, it was pretty good. Hoppier than most brown ales you find, especially the English ones.

I also tried a blonde ale that was my own recipe. It has a funky aftertaste and I can't figure out what's causing it. It's only been in the bottle for 2 weeks so it may just need more time to age.

I tried Brooklyn Brown Ale today, it was pretty good. Hoppier than most brown ales you find, especially the English ones.

I also tried a blonde ale that was my own recipe. It has a funky aftertaste and I can't figure out what's causing it. It's only been in the bottle for 2 weeks so it may just need more time to age.

Soooo...where exactly in Texas are you? :D

My new toy.

My new best friend.

beertender.jpg

Question. :)

In Germany it is very easy to find 5Liter kegs to run these guys with. However, keg designs have also changed a bit and I am just wondering: If I buy one of these, will it work just with the Heineken kegs? Where do you find kegs for these guys with other beer? My liquor store near by has a pretty good beer selection but I don't think they carry a whole lot of these 5L kegs unless they are in the back storage.

Anyway...I am not interested in getting one of these just for Heineken...it ain't that tasty to justify such a purchase. :)

Question. :)

In Germany it is very easy to find 5Liter kegs to run these guys with. However, keg designs have also changed a bit and I am just wondering: If I buy one of these, will it work just with the Heineken kegs? Where do you find kegs for these guys with other beer? My liquor store near by has a pretty good beer selection but I don't think they carry a whole lot of these 5L kegs unless they are in the back storage.

Anyway...I am not interested in getting one of these just for Heineken...it ain't that tasty to justify such a purchase. :)

I was wondering the same thing as well. In my book, Heineken is one of the worst beers out there.

And C-Dub, I'm a few hours south of you in Aggieland.

Krups Beertender worked in connection with Heineken to produce this. Heineken at this time is the ONLY one with 30 day freshness whereas the other kegs aren't designed to last that long. Other kegs will go flat but I've heard that a few other people have tried the other kegs in it. They get a couple of days out of them.

Heineken may be the worst beer but at 36 degrees it's actually perfection. It's been a total hit at every RWNW party I've had thus far.

The beertender runs about $299.99 but I got mine for free :) Thankfully my friend who was given this little item doesn't drink so I've been taking full advantage of it. There's an unopened keg in mine right now chilling at 36 degrees waiting for Saturday's party. I've even got the Hard Rock Cafe pilsner glasses. Everyone loves pouring their own beer.

There's an LCD screen that tells you how many days you have left on the keg, a meter on it that tells you how much is left in the keg, three or four temperature settings starting at 42 degrees and dropping to 26 degrees. I love it. It's perfectly handy.

*It's also my understanding that from the friend who gave it to me that other brewers are working towards the 30 day freshness so Heineken in the future will not be the only one that can be used in the Beertender :)

http://beertender.usa.heineken.com/index.php

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

And C-Dub, I'm a few hours south of you in Aggieland.

Ah, darn it.... :D

And Vladdy, thanks for posting all that info, I appreciate it. Once there is a good selection of beers available to be kept on tap this may be tempting. But at $299, I could drink a whole lot of good beer and live without the cool factor of having this. If I got mine for free like you though, I'd definitely stick a keg in there during a party, just not a keg of Heineken. ;)

You ever make it down here, let me know. I'll give you some homebrew :) Mrs. Chamber and I have talked about moving up to the Metroplex, but it won't be happening any time soon.

Why thank you! I always enjoy sampling homebrews. I wish I had the time and space to do it myself. However, brewing at home is one of those activities that you can't do half-assed and I am affraid the equipment and time investment are more than I have available right now.

Certainly something I want to do in the future... :)

Edited by C-Dub

i just got back from the pacific northwest, where i had the single most terrible beer i have ever had in my entire life:

52009s.jpg

i drank like 7 of these one night at a really awesome dive bar in olympia. they were $1.50 a can, and the bartender was hot. i was sick for the next three days. you bet your ass it's the water. it probably had corpses floating in it or something. ugh.

i also had the pleasure of visiting some of the McMenamin's pubs. they have a winery, a brewery, and a distillery. i made it to about six of their bars, and they all rank among the best i've ever been to. if anyone is ever out in washington or oregon, i highly highly hiiiiighly recommend seeking one of these out. their best brews are the Terminator Stout and the Ruby. though, really, even if you're not into beer, their liquors are amazing, and the ambiance of their bars is just perfect. the edgefield distillery bar was my favourite.

Just got back from Ireland. I was not that impressed with any of the local beers except the Killkenny's ale. The Bulmer's cider was good as well.

BTW, for $300 you could buy a used refrigerator and parts from kegworks.net or Ebay to make a real kegerator where you could put in any Sanke-based keg, which most of them are.

I actually have some extra parts if anyone is looking to make their own kegerator.

41jtd61GSuL._AA400_.jpg

+

medium_keg.jpg

=

:thumbs-up:

:drunk:

Oberon is actually one of my least favorite from Bell's. I like a Two-Hearted Ale or Amber, myself.

Anyone from the Ann Arbor area? Arbor Brewing Company has some good choices, like their Red Snapper..

Oberon is actually one of my least favorite from Bell's. I like a Two-Hearted Ale or Amber, myself.

Anyone from the Ann Arbor area? Arbor Brewing Company has some good choices, like their Red Snapper..

bell's amber is choice as well. there's just something about summer and oberon, besides the obvious of course.

its like corona and the beach seem to be a pair, too. but corona gets skunky fast so i usually opt for the local brew instead.

cheers!

My usuals:

Stella

Heineken

Big Rock - Grasshopper, Warthog, and Traditional are my favs.

Sapporo

Becks

Steamwhistle

Kokanee Gold

I avoid

Molson Canadian

Labatt Blue (Like the plague, I can't stand that s***)

Bud

There is also a beer I had once driving through Montana made by Big Sky Brewery called 'Moose Drool'. Its a brown ale and its not available here, but I have constant cravings for it to this day.

I had Moose Drool a few times in Washington state. Pretty good stuff.

Oh and you don't like Molson and actually called Labatt "s***" ?!?!?! ur crazy.....

I think I'm going to have to drink a six pack of Labatt soon just to right the wrong you just did to the name. It's as good of an excuse as any to go drink 6 of 'em haha.