• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Oberon is actually one of my least favorite from Bell's. I like a Two-Hearted Ale or Amber, myself.

Anyone from the Ann Arbor area? Arbor Brewing Company has some good choices, like their Red Snapper..

That would be me. Arbor Brewing is EXCELLENT, although I haven't had a chance to stop down there recently.

Guest Shoreline

Bärenfang. Insanely good and will f*** you up before you know what hit you.

Edited by Shoreline

So as I mentioned previously I have the Krups Beertender.. it's on sale NOW at Surlatable.com for 99.95 and it's free shipping... seriously this piece of genius is WORTH every penny. In fact.. Newcastle just came out with the minikeg to go in this contraption!!!

http://www.surlatable.com/product/585463.do

Newc is the next beer that's going in mine as soon as the last keg gets emptied! I have to say that the heineken keg has made it SIXTY DAYS... which is awesome!

http://news.draftmag.com/2009/07/16/is-tha...appy-to-see-me/

http://www.luxist.com/2009/07/07/newcastle...new-draughtkeg/

I am so excited.. the rest of the beers are going to follow this trend! It's so amazing to have perfectly chilled beer on tap 24/7!!

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

cool... that is a good price for the beertender. best i've seen yet.

my buddy was saying that you need to buy new pour tubes every time you change out the mini-keg. is this true?

if so, they should provide the tube when you purchase each new mini-keg.

should you require new tubes, do liquor stores carry them or are they an item you have to order directly from krups? either way, what's the cost?

thanks!

So as I mentioned previously I have the Krups Beertender.. it's on sale NOW at Surlatable.com for 99.95 and it's free shipping... seriously this piece of genius is WORTH every penny. In fact.. Newcastle just came out with the minikeg to go in this contraption!!!

http://www.surlatable.com/product/585463.do

I am so excited.. the rest of the beers are going to follow this trend! It's so amazing to have perfectly chilled beer on tap 24/7!!

What is the name of Kid Rock's beer? Is he still trying to come out with a cigar too??

it's called "american bad ass lager". and it's about as clear as water and nearly indiscernible from your run of the mill american macro. it finishes w/a little bit of maltiness, but the only reason it's even worth a mention is because it's the only thing you can even remotely taste aside from that standard pisswater cheap beer flavor. you know, "drinkability".

Thanks to the link provided by VIB16, I purchased the BeerTender last night.

Seriously can't wait till it gets here! And can't wait till even more beers come out with the DraughtKeg!

Just got home from work and I have tomorrow off. So I will be heading to the liquor store in about an hour. I'm gonna get my usual, which is a 6 pack and a pint of jager. The 6 pack will probably be miller lite, but sometimes I just go with random beers i've never had before. So that could go either way. Should be a good night.

this thread must be bumped, glad i found it, today i had two brothers/urthel moaten earlier, was not as good as it could have, now having stawski cheap generic polish light lager (12$ a 12er and a free mug), i think im going to have a pike xxxx stout after this

what's your favourite brand? your favourite type? your favourite bar/brew pub?

as for me, i think unibroue brewery (based out of quebec) makes the finest beer in the world.

as for domestic stuff...sam adams, bell's, or harpoon are all great.

fort street brewery (on fort in lincoln park between outer drive and southfield) is a really awesome place for cheap craft microbrews, and the oak cafe (on oak street in wyandotte between fort street and jefferson) is a nice 'beer bar' they have like 200+ different bottle beers from all over the world, and i think about 50 or so on tap. of course if i'm looking for something spectacular, i go to merchant's wine and spirits on michigan avenue in dearborn. it's like a candy store for beer lovers.

oh, and..when i want cheap, easy to find beer i buy labatt's, though i prefer a nice brown ale to any other type of beer on the planet so uh..i don't usually buy cheap beer.

so yeah. come on. i know you guys love beer. tell us about it!

edit to say: wow my tastes in beer have developed/changed so much since i made this thread. go fig.

Gotta go to Holliday Market and Kuhnhenn's, also JP in Ann Arbor.

fav beer: Aventinus Weizen Eisbock

fav domestic beer: hmmmm Hopslam or KBS

fav brewery: tough... Weihenstephaner is up there

Fav type: Eisbock

Fav Brewpub: Jolly Pumpkin

FAv Bar: Cafe Hollander (Milwaukee)

Fav cheap beer: Licher or Warsteiner[Pavel's fav i believe] (13.99 a case in WI, gotta love the prices here) or Baltika 9 from Russia (2$ for 51 oz but not too bad)

Edited by jollymania

fav beer: Chimay Red

fav brewery: Unibroue

fav beer country: Belgium

fav beer type: White/Wheat

fav mass market beer: Hoegarden

fav domestic beer: um...... ....... ...... I'll get back to you

favorite beer nobody drinks: Blanche du Chambly

worst beer I ever drank: Innis and Gunn. First beer that I not only couldnt finish, but I couldn't drink anything but water after!

I have been drinking a lot of beer lately. The playoffs make me do it. Actually I am pretty smashed right now! But lately I have been drinking a lot of foreign beer.

Harp, Blue Moon, Killians, Kokanee, Moosehead, and my new favorite Grolsch.

grolsch.jpg

i love all beer, usually good beer, but lately i've taken advantage of the $14.99 30-packs of PBR at the local liquor store. i guess the playoffs make me want to increase my quantity! :thumbup:

I believe that all men should be brand loyal to at least one product. For me, it's Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I've been drinking it since high school (go figure) and has gotten me through some tough times in my life. I love all beer, but if there's a Sierra Nevada in the house, it's got my name on it.

Edited by Bannedforlife