• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

SCF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

As I said before, someone on the losing team will mention the reffing or not getting calls just about everytime. I haven't seen a press conference so far where the losing team hasn't said something like that.

The only difference here is when the Penguins do it, they are whiners. When the Wings do it after a loss, the refs screwed them and they can ***** about it. Oh and Bettman is at fault too.

I am not saying the Pens have a legit beef here, just mentioning what I have seen over the last 10 years. Same damn story in hockey (where were the calls?), baseball (he should have been out at the plate), basketball (I was fouled), and football (he was out of bounds when he caught that pass).

You're right but I don't ever remember a captain AND coach laying it on this thick.

Thanks for letting me know. I hope for the next 2 games, folks will put up links as soon as the game is over. I don't like missing out.

You can still wath it on RedWings TV (redwings.nhl.tv) it will be there in few mins/hours.

Edited by Reds4Life

Pierre McGuire: "I think we need to stop looking at what the Penguins did wrong, and how well the Red Wings are doing things right, this teams skill level is just too good."

Proud of you Pierre.

A-*******-men.

Kudos to you, Pierre. I still don't like you, but I dislike you less now.

Dominant once a game, great performance by the boys. I could probably go on forever. More secondary scoring with Stuart coming through with the winner and a 2 pt. night and solid again D-wise, Hank and Holmer hook up for a hard working goal and Flip wow what an effort to put that puck in the net. Ozzie was calm and solid once again. Keep it going boys, I see us playing even better in Pitts, we have the momentum and we know what to do when we have it.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crosby just said: "We are a lot better".

He's right. The Penguins are better than the Wings.

At being whiny ***** toolboxes. Physicality is part of this game, so I don't care much about the skirmishes that were happening throughout. I had a BIG problem with someone taking a cheap shot at Franzen's head, especially when everyone knows he was out with concussion-like symptoms. That's like asking someone who's blind to tell you what color they're wearing. It makes absolutely no sense and you'll just look like a moron when you're done. Sir Sid needs to check himself, because he's coming off like a 5 year old who didn't get that Schwin for Christmas. During a play stoppage I noticed him speaking quite animatedly at one of the linesmen, I can only assume he was telling him that the poor poor pitiful Penguins are being stifled. Like someone said, I can't see OUR captain doing that. Nick is waaaaay smarter than that and it shows. He graduated from the Steve Yzerman School of NHL Captaincy. Perhaps Nick should send over some pamphlets or something.

Ozzie is a great actor and I thought he sold that last hit at the end of the game a little, but you don't knock the goalie over. Especially not when you're losing by 3 goals and there's a minute left in the game. What are you attempting to prove with it?

The Pens are desperate and while they have played extremely well at home since February, we're the 2nd best road team in the league, so it won't be a cakewalk for them.

Last thought about the game: PLEASE GET NEW REPORTERS ASKING NEW QUESTIONS. I am so sick of these idiots asking questions someone who didn't even watch the game could answer. How many times was Ozzie going to have to reiterate that no, he doesn't worry about what playoff record he's broken/is breaking?

I'm so proud of this team. But I think that tonight the player I'm most proud of is Datsyuk. We've seen him go from a player questioned about his playoff performance going into last year's playoffs to this clutch, absolutely hardcore little Russian that still has dazzling skills but is now also throwing around his body and punching Gary Roberts in the face. Dats really deserves that A on his sweater. And hopefully his name somewhere special.

They blind you with their shiny rays of awesomeness.

lol, ah great stuff

did anyone here Crosby postgame? saying he doesnt think they were outplayed? wtf, i guess denial is stage 1 for your exit.

ESPN article

I read this on ESPN and thought Burnside (I think it was him) made some good points, in particular I found this interesting:

Late in the second period, Jordan Staal had a golden opportunity in the slot, but he hurried and missed the net. The Wings seem to be there even when they're not. It must be very frustrating to play against

His comments on Roberts' cheapshot to Franzen also bring up a good point...

Penguins veteran Gary Roberts has enjoyed a great career, but his (amazingly) unpenalized head shot on Wings forward Johan Franzen in third period was a gutless act. If the league wants to send a message about such plays, they should suspend Roberts. On this one, Roberts earned it. When a vet like Roberts loses his composure, it doesn't send a good message to his younger teammates. As the game wore on, the Pens seemed to melt down.
Edited by umredwing11

As I said before, someone on the losing team will mention the reffing or not getting calls just about everytime. I haven't seen a press conference so far where the losing team hasn't said something like that.

The only difference here is when the Penguins do it, they are whiners. When the Wings do it after a loss, the refs screwed them and they can ***** about it. Oh and Bettman is at fault too.

I am not saying the Pens have a legit beef here, just mentioning what I have seen over the last 10 years. Same damn story in hockey (where were the calls?), baseball (he should have been out at the plate), basketball (I was fouled), and football (he was out of bounds when he caught that pass).

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

ESPN article

I read this on ESPN and thought Burnside (I think it was him) made some good points, in particular I found this interesting:

His comments on Roberts' cheapshot to Franzen also bring up a good point...

That was actually E.J. Hradek.

Thanks for letting me know. I hope for the next 2 games, folks will put up links as soon as the game is over. I don't like missing out.

On nhl.com you can watch the press conference at the end of each game I always get the link from the front page of the site.