• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Bertuzzi placed on waivers.

Rate this topic

It is depressing to see all the success Red Wings' players have seen by distching the Wings for more money with the Ducks.

Fedorov, Schneider and Bertuzzi -- we were really holding them back!

we know he'll clear

I know he didnt have the stellar stay here in Detroit we all hoped for. But I think he is now healthy, has lost 30 pounds, and has a grit that is nice around the net. I for one would take him if he didnt ask for a ton of cash, and wanted to play for a true cup contender.

I'm sorry you feel that way

Guest Dump-N-Thump

LoL.

I was happy as heck when we nabbed Big Bert..

And i would still be happy to bring him back.. He had solid numbers as a wing.. Point every other game.. penalty minutes were not bad.. And this came right after his Back Problems. And with the Ducks he had some good numbers.

But at 4m i would just laugh and keep going the way we currently are.. He would have to sign here for like 1.5m-1.8m for me to be interested..

Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

Burke goes to Leafs, signs Bertuzzi... what a twist!

My thoughts exactly. I won't be surprised if the Leafs snag him. Would cement Burke's man love for Bertuzzi, despite this whole waiver thing.

I said a year ago Burke was stupid to pay him 8mil for two years. It's amazing how Burke seemed to get caught up in that now I've won I will defend it with as many guys as I can get it and not think past next year. Bert is why they lost Penner.

no

I'm glad he is gone, he was nothing but truble for the Red Wings. If he isn't good enough for the Ducks why should he be good enough for the wings? We have young talent we need to devolop, and players to sign next year. He would be getting in the way of both of those things.

:clap::clap::clap:

Edit: Todd Bertuzzi is not a Character guy, and certainly not a Class guy. He thinks too much, and that's not a good thing when you think as slow as he does, and make the bad decisions he does.

Edited by T.Low

Shouldve stayed a wing bert, probably wouldve had a way better season.

Should've stayed a Panther. Then we'd still have Matthias.

Was I not paying attention in previous years, or are there a TON more buyouts than ever before?

Burke goes to Leafs, signs Bertuzzi... what a twist!

Well, its not at all what I was thinking, but after reading your post it certainly makes sense.

Is there anyone more conniving than Brian Burke? Isn't Bertuzzi's family in Hamilton or Sudbury or somehere a only a couple hours from Toronto?

great move by the best GM in the NHL...

or sort of...

:hockeysmile:

I hope to enjoy even more of this next season. 2007-08 was already

great if you despise Burke but it looks like the parade of his dumb

moves continues... magnifico, if you ask me :)

Bertuzzi is now more of a perimeter playmaker because of his bad back. Hudler drives to the net more successfuly than Bertuzzi does nowadays.

Good point. Bertuzzi's significance came from being in front of the net, not unlike Holmer. While infront of the crease, Bert's big move was to cross check the defensemen infront of him just as the puck was coming, then he was free to tap it in. Tapes of his "move" were even sent to Toronto for veiwing by the NHL by complaining coaches. Sure he had more talents than that, but you are right, he's too tentative around the net, now. That was a huge part of his game, and a big part of the success of the Bert, Mo, Nazzi line.

In all fairness, when that line was "on" they were downright frightening. But that chemistry has gone away, those days are gone for all three of them.

Naslund and Bertuzzi to Detroit ala a discount package deal! Do it! Just like the Kariya/Selanne package deal that Colorado did a few years ago. One year deal for each, the buddies get a chance to play together and prove they've still got it! I could see them being successful. They sign on for a discount price, we have one-year cap space galore anyway.

There are alot of "washed-up" comments from fans around the league about Bertuzzi and Naslund, but if the Wings announced the signing of these two guys on July 1, then it would strike fear into the hearts of the other teams in the Western Conference you can bet. And rightfully so!

I don't think the Wings would have won a Stanley Cup if Bert was on this team this year. I like the team we have now, we don't need Bert. I have no problem with him or anything and was happy for the few months we had him, I just don't think there was chemistry there with Bert.

Edited by Jericho613

Naslund and Bertuzzi to Detroit ala a discount package deal! Do it! Just like the Kariya/Selanne package deal that Colorado did a few years ago. One year deal for each, the buddies get a chance to play together and prove they've still got it! I could see them being successful. They sign on for a discount price, we have one-year cap space galore anyway.

And we all know how well that worked out for Colorado, eh?