My brother: "Robert--"

Me: "--AND GET THIS: HOSSA PROPOSED THE CONTRACT TO HOLLAND!" :dance:

My brother: "ROBERT."

Me: "YEAH?!" :w00t2:

Brother: "Don't drunk dial me. *click*"

Me: :plain:

haha, at what time did you call your brother

Guest mindfly

Anyone know if the schedule is released, like when is the first game.. home/away... might plan a trip to detroit in early october just because of that :D

Guest wingsjunky

can hossa play the point on powerplay? Could you imagine a Zetterberg-datsyuk-homer-lidstrom-hossa pp unit. I would be s***ting bricks if i had to defend against that.

Guest mindfly

Rafalski is pretty important in PP, I'd rather switch homer for Hossa..

Guest wingsjunky
Rafalski is pretty important in PP, I'd rather switch homer for Hossa..

yeah i'd like to see that but i dunno if Babcock would do it.

any news on a presser?

I have not been able to find a video of it but on iTunes you can download a podcast of Hossa and Holland. Much of what he says has been posted on Mlive several times but there is some that has not been posted yet. In iTunes its in the podcasts of Detroit Red Wings hockey. You don't have to download it to hear all of it but its free if you want to.

can hossa play the point on powerplay? Could you imagine a Zetterberg-datsyuk-homer-lidstrom-hossa pp unit. I would be s***ting bricks if i had to defend against that.

I'm more imagining a 'Franzen/Hudler/Hossa/Kronwall/Samuelsson' second unit going against other teams' second PK units!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

IMO, this move is the most signifigant since the Wings traded for Shanahan in 1996...

... While I'm not discounting the trade for Hasek, et al, Shanahan and Hossa were/are premiere players at their respective positions and in the PRIME of their NHL careers -- not an acquisition of a great player on the tail end, not quite able to play at the same level as earlier in his career.

I'm still on Cloud 9 from yesterday... still having a hard time fathoming Hossa's actually a Red Wing.

Really? Not that I'm discounting Hossa's value at all, but what about Rafalski? The multi-year deal was a pretty significant signing for Holland and co. Especially after Schneider bailed on the Wings. Just a thought, given that it's a one year contract, with it being unlikely he will return.

Can't freaking believe he'll be wearing the winged wheel...!!!

Guest wingsjunky
Really? Not that I'm discounting Hossa's value at all, but what about Rafalski? The multi-year deal was a pretty significant signing for Holland and co. Especially after Schneider bailed on the Wings. Just a thought, given that it's a one year contract, with it being unlikely he will return.

i don't think its an absolute that he won't re-sign next year. Players like playing in detroit, and he has already shown that money is not the most important thing to him, he may decide that playing on a perennial contender is more important than the money and take a huge paycut to play here.

I'm more imagining a 'Franzen/Hudler/Hossa/Kronwall/Samuelsson' second unit going against other teams' second PK units!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Aw geez, why'd you have to spoil my euphoria by talking about Samuelsson playing the point again? :rolleyes:

I think Stuart used to run the point in San Jose.... maybe he could learn to shoot right-handed

regardless, I second your "HOLY CRAP!!!!"

hahah I never realized the "15 Million" behind him

re caption it to "how much I'll make per year in 09/10 "

I am still hoping for another 6million dollar a year cap increase and some flexablity from Hank, Mule, and Hossa to keep this deadly unit together long term.

Rafalski, are you kidding me? Yeah he's a good player and has worked out very well for the Wings, but to put getting him at the same level as getting Hossa is nuts.

Guest Four

It's completely unheard of when we can't even decide who should play on the first and second lines.

We really are a gifted hockey club, thank you for everything almighty Holland

Guest Crymson
Rafalski, are you kidding me? Yeah he's a good player and has worked out very well for the Wings, but to put getting him at the same level as getting Hossa is nuts.

Rafalski was a vital piece of the team's championship puzzle.

...if Rolston had it to do all over again, do you think he would take that hometown discount contract offer now that we've signed Hossa?

...reminds me of 2001 off season when JR signed with Philly, he said both Detroit and Philly offered the same exact contracts, but felt Philly had the better chance to win a Cup. He later said if he knew that Detroit was gonna get Hasek, he would have chosen the other path, oops...

...players, so quick to jump the gun!