• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

I haven't read ALL the recent posts on here, so it may have already been suggested. I have another idea for a nickname for Hossa.

Since we already have a mule, how's about just "Hoss"? I know it's Western-oriented but I still like it. So there. :P

Since we already have a mule, how's about just "Hoss"? I know it's Western-oriented but I still like it. So there. :P

I agree 100%, this is used by fans since he came to Atlanta. I think it's great !

Edited by #18 the _Hoss_

I haven't read ALL the recent posts on here, so it may have already been suggested. I have another idea for a nickname for Hossa.

Hoss has been his nickname for many years. The Hoss to be more precise.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Still hasn't sunk in yet I don't think... even though I've known since the morning of...

I'm just in awe. :blink:

IMO, this move is the most signifigant since the Wings traded for Shanahan in 1996...

... While I'm not discounting the trade for Hasek, et al, Shanahan and Hossa were/are premiere players at their respective positions and in the PRIME of their NHL careers -- not an acquisition of a great player on the tail end, not quite able to play at the same level as earlier in his career.

I'm still on Cloud 9 from yesterday... still having a hard time fathoming Hossa's actually a Red Wing.

Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't get over it. I keep pinching myself and this thread is still here :D

The morning just before his decision I was talking with a co-worker and discussed who we would like to get.

I said Hossa would be a dream catch, he said Sundin, I would have taken either.

Yeah Baby Yeah!!!!!

I really don't think I've been this happy with a signing since we got Hasek a while back.

Great move Holland! I thought we'd land maaaybe Naslund or Sundin.. but who would've thought that we'd land Marian friggin Hossa?

Reading about all the Pens fans crying over the loss is just another plus.

I'm glad I'm a Red Wings fan :D

So is Hossa going to wear 18 or 81 or a different number entirely? He is one of those players you give your number up for but given how long Malts has worn his number in the D and judging by the kind of person I think Marian is based on the contract he just signed I think he'll happly switch his number up.

Phone conversation.

Me: "WINGS SIGNED HOSSA! 1 YEAR, 7 & A HALF!" :w00t2:

My brother: "Robert--"

Me: "--AND GET THIS: HOSSA PROPOSED THE CONTRACT TO HOLLAND!" :dance:

My brother: "ROBERT."

Me: "YEAH?!" :w00t2:

Brother: "Don't drunk dial me. *click*"

Me: :plain:

Guest mindfly
So is Hossa going to wear 18 or 81 or a different number entirely? He is one of those players you give your number up for but given how long Malts has worn his number in the D and judging by the kind of person I think Marian is based on the contract he just signed I think he'll happly switch his number up.

Maltby has been a wing for too long and hossa wont take his number due to respect.. hossa is pure class obviously so he'll wear 81 im sure