• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

Only part i hate about this is detroit is going to get the kind of attention that penguins got last year. As if it wasnt enough for them to win the cup, the thought of next seasons starting the roster is unreal.

Better goalies, better defence, (having a solid top 4 the whole year) and ALOT better offense with franzen coming out, and of course having hossa.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

GET READY. NO ONE COULD STOP US WITHOUT HOSSA! NOW WHAT! THIS IS FOR EVERY RED WING HATER OUT THERE. GO SUCK A FAT ONE...THE RED WINGS ARE A GOD DAMN MACHINE, YOU CAN'T BUY A BETTER TEAM, COACHES, ORGANIZATION. KENNY AND MIKE FIGURED IT OUT, AND WE JUST SO HAPPEN TO BE THE LUCKEST FANS IN SPORTS.

Glad to have him....but what the hell is he doing turning down long term deals worth between 9-12 million a year?

Either this guy REALLY wants to win a cup or he's not the most financially savvy guy out there....either way, I'm psyched he's here.

Hossa's agent and Ken Holland have been trying to get Hossa on the Wings for a while. Hossa has intiated converstaion with the Wings before. This time it finally worked out.

Based on what Holland said, I suspect Hossa wants to get his foot in the door with this one year deal to see how it goes, and then see if somehow something can develop long term.

Anybody think it will take Marian a couple months to get used to the possesion game? I personally think he will fit right in but I could see some people saying this...

This guy, fit in?

Yeah, baby! :clap:

NO ******* WAY!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?

This has been the best offseason signing since..... idk.. Brett Hull? :siren::scared:

TIME TO LIGHT UP THE WESTERN CONFERNCE BOYS!!!!!!!!!

that offseason was special.

hasek, hull, robataille...wow.

So who is this Hossa guy everyone's so freaking excited about?

Ha ha!!! Who's the best GM now? Burke who.

The following teams can now salivate at the upcoming season, because the Red Wings are going to deliver an ass kicking:

Anaheim Thugs

San Jose Shower Sharks

Calgary flamers

Montreal

armpitts,burgh

Has anyone gotten Delta Burke on the horn over there in Anaheim yet to tell him the great news?

deltaburke_artist.jpg

Edited by miller76

Just read Dreger's article at TSN whining about how the Hossa signing was a "slap in the face" to the Pens. He's complaining that the Pens could have matched the 1-year offer but never got the chance. What he conveniently omits from his article was that it was Hossa and Winter that proposed the 1-year deal to Detroit. They didn't propose it to Pittsburgh - if Hossa had truly WANTED to, he would have.

He wants to play for the Wings. He just didn't want to hurt L'il Sidney's feelings by telling him the truth.

Just read Dreger's article at TSN whining about how the Hossa signing was a "slap in the face" to the Pens. He's complaining that the Pens could have matched the 1-year offer but never got the chance. What he conveniently omits from his article was that it was Hossa and Winter that proposed the 1-year deal to Detroit. They didn't propose it to Pittsburgh - if Hossa had truly WANTED to, he would have.

He wants to play for the Wings. He just didn't want to hurt L'il Sidney's feelings by telling him the truth.

Yeah I read that too. IMO, Dreger needs to get off the Pens's balls.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Cry me a damn river. :lol:

Edited by rage

Guest Crymson
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH. MY. GOD.

So I was sleeping and my cousin, Sebastian, calls me and is all "REEM WAKE UP WE SIGNED HOSSA!" and I like totally jump outta bed. KJSKJGS

WOOOOOOOOO!!

This was my favorite reaction of today. Way to go, kiddo --- I'm happy that you're happy :)

With Hossa signing and about 4 mil left with the cap and filp has to be signed. What is the status of Chelios? Is there anything new there? Or does signing Hossa hinder that?

I'm not sure

My favourite reactions to this signing from fans (of the other 29 teams) from other hockey forums:

The league should award the Stanley Cup to Detroit in October and have the rest of the teams fight for the consolation prize, which will be a free educational trip to Joe Louis Arena where the winning team's GM can learn from Kenny Holland how to put together a hockey team.

Ken Holland

Baller

muhahaha, we'll be sending Raycroft against you guys!

Someone please shoot me, how the hell did Detroit get him on a 1 year deal? they must have pictures of him molesting a panda.

If true, let me just say this on behalf of the other 29 teams:

**** me!

And finally, on Hossa supposedly backstabbing Crosby and the Pens..........

Just seems like such a WWE moment!

(insert Jim Ross voice) "Oh my god! Marian Hossa just hit Sidney Crosby with a metal chair! I can't believe it! Oh my god - what is he doing!"

Edited by Cruiser008