• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

So, what do we say about Kronwall now?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Heavy hitter, lethal along the boards, fast, set a Red Wings playoff record for assists, great shot, etc. etc.

What do you think? Should we trade him for Hossa at the deadline? Eheheh.

2 more years and he is going to start being mentioned with the top defenseman in league. 5 more years and I bet he is going to be a norris trophy candidate.

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but to me he seems really really really good. He won't be a Lidstrom, but he will be our number one guy once Lids retires.

Heavy hitter, lethal along the boards, fast, set a Red Wings playoff record for assists, great shot, etc. etc.

Why would we trade for Hossa when he's on our team now?

EDIT: I need to stop being such a raging *****.

Edited by HenrikRules40

He is turning into a pretty damn good player, but I think the sample size is a little too small to make any huge predictions on the rest of his career yet. He will be 28 in January and he is just now showing that he can play in this league, hopefully he keeps it up.

I'll admit that I was skeptical on his abilities to ever "get there", but I had a lot of reasons. I didn't right him off though, I was just skeptical.

I do think he gets the benefit of the doubt far too much, or always, on his hits though. I used to think he put himself out of position a lot to make the big hit, which he did, but I think he's been able to pick his spots a lot better recently.

I think most fans may overrate him slightly simply because they see the big hits and fans love that, but other than that I think he's a great player and holds his own in the other areas as well.

Hey Datsyuk is 30 (two years older than Kronvall and yes that's how I spell his name) and he is considered one of the best two-way players in the game.

Too bad his name is Kronwall and is pronounced as such.

I always thought he was going to be a great player, but you know, he really needs to stop leaving his feet.....

Agreed. He could definitely keep his elbows in and his feet on the ice a bit more. He's turned into a great D-man though.

Hopefully he'll continue to be healthy, because when he is, lookout.

Why would we trade for Hossa when he's on our team now?

EDIT: I need to stop being such a raging *****.

I liked your initial post better.

Yes this is a pointless rub-your-nose-in-it thread created by Mr. Pollyanna* himself, complete with douchebag laugh, hehehe.

*excluding of course, anything related to Robert Lang during his tenure with the Wings

:blush: I'm sorry. I promise I'm pretty cool usually.

Yay Kronwall!

Phht :rolleyes:

Just kidding Rabs. :hehe:

If Kronwall can actually stay relatively healthy for a few consecutive years I think he'll be one of the top five D-men in the league. But that seems to be a pretty if with Kronwall, given his past, hopefully he's a little smarter about that sort of stuff now and can stay out of trouble.

Agreed. He could definitely keep his elbows in and his feet on the ice a bit more. He's turned into a great D-man though.

Hopefully he'll continue to be healthy, because when he is, lookout.

I liked your initial post better.

Yes this is a pointless rub-your-nose-in-it thread created by Mr. Pollyanna* himself, complete with douchebag laugh, hehehe.

*excluding of course, anything related to Robert Lang during his tenure with the Wings

You said it, brother.

Also, as I remember it, Flip was the guy everyone wanted to trade for Hossa, along with Sammy, Hudler or Lilja.

I don't recall anyone wanting Kronwall traded, but then again, there's thousands of members here, and the trade deadline threads were massively long, so someone might have stated it.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Too bad his name is Kronwall and is pronounced as such.

If your speaking as a native North American who knows little about foreign language.

If your speaking as a native North American who knows little about foreign language.

his name is Kronwall in English and Swedish.

the Kronvall thing is due to a spelling error on his original visa when he came over the 1st time

We don't even know that Hossa's going to be amazing. Well, we kind of do, but it's not gaurunteed yet! :rolleyes:

Guest Dump-N-Thump

I admit i was a poster last year that wanted Kronwall gone, Im not going to pretend like i didn't like some people do.. But come playoffs, He is a different creature and i loved it, Especially the way he delivered timely hits.. We saw glimpses of it during the regular season, But i would of never thought he would of played the way he did during playoffs.

-- To who ever made that Kronwall Hit Video, Should of used that Superman that Hoe song.. everytime Kronner when for the open ice hit, its all i could think of :P