• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Smashville

Would you wear an Avalanche jersey?

Rate this topic

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a strange thing about me and rivalries. I would NEVER, EVER wear an Aves Jersey. And when the Aves have gone deeper into the playoffs than the Wings, I root against them at every level. However, two of the Wings older rivalries, against Montreal and Chicago, I treat differently - if the Wings aren't in it, I cheer for either the Hawks or Canadiens to win. I can see myself with a Habs jersey, simply because they are way cool - second only to the winged wheel.

I'm kinda that way with the Boston, though its in part because my dad is a Bruins fan. I've been watching them more closely the last few seasons and they've been a pretty exciting team to watch.

I'd wear a few...Roy, Lemeiux, Laperierre, Foote, just to see people's reactions in here. :P

In all seriousness, I get the fan aspect of rivalries and hating other teams but I'm just not into that kinda thing since I've witnessed and read of plenty of instances where people get extremely carried away with it and take it too seriously being extremely disrespectful to fans of other teams (i.e. much worse than fun trash talk and stuff), both in person with "rivalries" and sports where I'm from, I've seen it plenty on here, and on a few other sports forums I have grazed of and on in the past.

It wouldn't bother me whatsoever to wear one if I had to.

If I'm one of those people that loses a bet to where I have to wear the jersey of the opposite team to work the next day, I don't care, it's just a sports jersey, there's plenty worse in life. If I'm wearing my team's apparel in "enemy territory" and people go off the deep end ridiculing me, let them keep embarassing themselves, I pay them no attention if it's me they are targeting.

If this doesn't make me a "real" Red Wings fan, sorry. I just don't get too invested into rivalries.

Everyone who said yes I'm thinking about banning from the board. :)

Try it!

I personally would never wear another team's jersey, but I see nothing wrong with someone else doing it. I have over 50 Wings Tshirts alone - I can't afford another team!

i'd do it for $1000 bucks maybe less...but honestly its not a big deal anymore. i really have no intrest in any other nhl teams. there are some players i follow but thats about it. i will say i have respect for sakic and i always thought chris drury was a good player.

Unless you're a neoteric and/or a bandwagon fan and most likely missed the rivalry days, you have zero business wearing an Avs jersey.

I really have no problems with the team anymore, but the anathema remains. While I don't root against them I still find myself unable to root for them and I would never wear, buy, or own an Avs jersey.

Unless you're a neoteric and/or a bandwagon fan and most likely missed the rivalry days, you have zero business wearing an Avs jersey.

I really have no problems with the team anymore, but the anathema remains. While I don't root against them I still find myself unable to root for them and I would never wear, buy, or own an Avs jersey.

exactly.

i hear alot of people on here say "the rivalry is over, let it go, blah blah"

but even if it is over. i will always remember the rivalry, and always hate that team.

I guess it would depend on the situation.

If I were freezing outside the pepsi center in a denver snowstorm and I was outside in a t-shirt. I would have the option of going inside and grabbing a rack full of avs jerseys.

Would I wear them and burn in hell., or die a slow cold death in a pile of snow and ice in Denver.

Hmm. At least I would get the chance to pick a comfortable pile of snow before I went.

The rivalry is dead. No big thing, especially if it were a Sakic jersey. And I'd certainly wear an Avs sweater before donning a Nashville jersey - that color doesn't do anything for anyone!

I agree, the rivalry is dead. They tried to hype it up in the media but it failed miserably because all of the guys we loved to hate have been gone for years. The rivalry's last stand was on May 24? 2002 when the Redwings handed the Avalanche a 7-0 knockout punch in game 7 that would send the Avs home and the Wings to yet another Stanley Cup victory. I really do not hate Colorado anymore partly b/c they are a great hockey/sports town unlike Anaheim. I have always liked Sakic as he has always reminded my of Yzerman in how he carries himself, very classy. That said, I would not consider wearing one of their jerseys.

The only way I would wear an Avalanche jersey is if I had to choose between that and a Ducks jersey. I used to hate the Avs but now would root for them in the playoffs against any California or Western Canada teams just like I did the Stars against San Jose last year.

I mean if you were a big fan during the rivalry, I don't understand why you would want to wear an Avs jersey. It just wouldn't feel right to me. But I don't see anything wrong with it. Especially if you are a newer fan, but then again I would hope you would realize that wearing an Avs jersey makes you look like a n00b and you'd stop. Kind of realizing the tradition and saying, hey, I look dumb doing this.

So should you feel this person is lame for wearing one? Justifiably, you could. It's a weird thing to do.

Edited by The Nephilim

i would never in my life wear anything with an av's logo on it. i hate the whole team, i sometimes think about moving to denver just to wear my wings s*** everywhere. i work with a sharks fan, and i put wings stuff all over her work station. she lost a bet to me, so she has a wings keychain. i will wear other nhl teams stuff (have a 80's-90's starter jacket collection with a handfull of nhl teams), just to get more people familiar with logos of nhl teams, but never will i wear ANYTHING av's. f_ck that team straight in their a_sholes!

Bear with me - not trying to troll...just coming to the experts. Having a discussion on a Predators board with a Wings fan. She says she's going to wear her Avs jersey to the game tonight.

So I beg the question - would any self-respecting Wings fan wear an Avs jersey at any point...or for that matter, own one?

Thats an interesting question. I think yes. I would, if I loved a player on the team enough. I've worn jerseys from other teams simply because I was a fan of one of their players.

Well I guess that makes me bad fan then huh cause I like to collect NHL jerseys.

Talk about taking something out of context. Never once did I say collecting jerseys of others teams makes you a bad fan. All I said is that *I* don't care/understand how fans of any team could by another teams' jersey. There are people out there that are fans of multiple teams, which I never really understood either unless they were originally a fan of one team and then their home market got an expansion team or something of the like. However, a collector is in a completely different ballgame so don't make it out like I'm attacking you because I personally would never buy another teams' apparel.

Get off your soapbox...I'm not trying to oppress you.

In the 90's I had a Nucks jersey because I was a huge fan of Pavel Bure so I had his jersey. I also own a Saku Koivu jersey and another canadiens jersey cause the Habs are my second fave team. So yeah, I'd have jerseys of other teams that arent the wings. and yeah, I'd even wear an avs jersey like i said. I don't dislike the avs, never did, but it really annoyed me when Claude Lemieux bashed Kris Draper and broke his jaw. Thats something I watched and will never forget. But Claude is a douchenozzle anyway so I am not one bit surprised.

well I have to add, Flyers, Leafs, Bruins and Ducks. I wouldnt wear one of their jerseys even if it was the last item of clothing available on the planet. I'd wrap myself in leaves instead. :P Even though I do really like some of the players on the teams, an example would be Lucic of boston and Selanne of the Ducks, but even my liking of them isnt enough to overcome my dislike for the team.

My dad who's a fan of the Montreal Canadiens (and a newfoundlander like me) said that he was going to bring home something of Boston's when Michael Ryder joined the team over the summer. I said, well you can, but I might not be able to be held responsible for my actions :P

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

I guess it would depend on the situation.

If I were freezing outside the pepsi center in a denver snowstorm and I was outside in a t-shirt. I would have the option of going inside and grabbing a rack full of avs jerseys.

Would I wear them and burn in hell., or die a slow cold death in a pile of snow and ice in Denver.

Hmm. At least I would get the chance to pick a comfortable pile of snow before I went.

You forgot about another option, how about getting the rack of avs jerseys and making a nice bonfire to keep warm instead?

Then you wont have to burn in hell :)

Also, it says "an Avalanche Jersey" people, not a Sakic jersey. Even then, how many Avs fans would wear an Yzerman Jersey today or back when Stevie was still playing? Prolly not many. Shame on the 17% of you guys that put 'yes'. I hope that most of you guys mistakenly put that thinking the question was "would you not wear an Avalanche Jersey?" There should be no excuses for any wings fan to be wearing an Avs jersey.

We've become too soft lol

Edited by Namingway

I would wear mine to the Spits game because its the closest to their colors...

I love hockey and collect jerseys.. i would wear any teams jersey :)