• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

World Junior Championship

Rate this topic

It was tough luck for the Russians not getting an intermission break after the 3rd period, like you would in the NHL playoffs.

Basically, they were rattled, and had to immediately go back out there to play. That's why they looked so lost in the OT and shootout.

I damn near went to the bathroom at the end of the 3rd, because I didn't know that in international hockey the OT started immediately afterwards.

Lucky is more like it.

This was a Russian choke more than a Canadian win.

lol ya russia played better than canada, but in hockey that always doesn't equal a W. also a goal with 5 seconds left is a goal, every second counts in a hockey game. in OT and SO Canada took over and actually started to try ;)

Canada's last two games have been awesome to watch. If the Russians don't make the two mistakes in the last minute they win, If the Dman is standing up instead of on his knees he wacks the Tavares backhander twoards the net out of harms way. Anyone else notice on Tavares shootout goal that it hit the post and was rolling along the goalline when it went in off the goalies skate. I hope the final against Sweeden is just as entertaining as tonights game.

Edited by sether

Lucky is more like it.

This was a Russian choke more than a Canadian win.

Speak up, we can't hear you guys from the podium. :rolleyes:

To quote Chandler (*shudder*): Could you BE any more butthurt?

Nope, the game was over well before the shootout started. I got to see 3 highlight reel goals and you only got to see one! nah nah nah nah :P

Somebody mentioned not seeing it, you were a lucky one

watch it agian:

What the f*** are you talking about?

I watched it on TV, after the junior game.. I was flipping back and forth between the two hockey games and the football game.

Besides, he's done it twice before, once in regulation..

I watched it on TV, after the junior game.. I was flipping back and forth between the two hockey games and the football game.

watch it agian:

watch it agian:

:siren:

Canada-Russia, SF: This game could have been a bigger winning margin if Canada would have shot more; too many attempts for "the perfect play".

But, we do have three notable things in Canada right now:

1) A lousy national leader,

2) A dollar with lousy value and

3) A chance at a Gold Medal and, with it, a fifth consecutive Junior World Championship!

And, right now: 3 > (1+2)