• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

World Junior Championship

Rate this topic

yep, McCollum has got WAYS to go. He's not very good against elite players his own age (or younger). He's been shaky the entire tournament and rarely came up with the big save.

Guest mindfly
Hey,let's draft that Janus kid this year.

Isn't he already picked? He's 19 years old hmm

Isn't he already picked? He's 19 years old hmm

Crappy Finnish play-by-play guy said that only their first line center has been drafted to the NHL. Don't trust him one bit though,have to do some research.

Crappy Finnish play-by-play guy said that only their first line center has been drafted to the NHL. Don't trust him one bit though,have to do some research.

Mertaranta doesn't do WJC eh?

And the TSN play by play guys said that Janus hasn't been drafted yet either.

McCollum needs to stop giving up such s***ty rebounds.

Guest Shoreline

Welp, it's pretty much over now.

U.S. players all staring at the goalie and not taking out bodies in front of the net. Just looks like it's not their year.

Welp, it's pretty much over now.

U.S. players all staring at the goalie and not taking out bodies in front of the net. Just looks like it's not their year.

Goaltending cost them this year. It's been horrible. Unice should have gotten a few starts. McCollum never made the big save. Ever. In a game like tonight when clearly the US team isn't playing their best, your goalie can't let in goals that normally should be saves.

If I were Sweden, I'm not taking Slovakia lightly, Thats what got the US in trouble. Should've heard Pierre MacGuire rip McCollum a new one after the second Slovakia goal.

so do I have this right?

Russia vs. Czech tonight in quarters

Canada vs. (Russia/Czech)

Sweden vs Slovakia

5th: USA vs. (Russia/Czech)

is there 7th place game? Finland vs. Germany?

The bottom two teams in each pool begin a relegation round after the Round Robin where they each play each other and the teams with the two best records in those games come back again next year while the bottom two teams lose their spots.

What an unbelievable performance by Janus today. McCollum looked horrible, I hope he is able to get past this for our sake.

Slovakia in the semis, eh? Can't say I'm worried, they looked horrible in the group match against us, and even though we only won 3-1 it could have been much bigger numbers. I'd go so far as to say it'd be a fiasco if we don't reach the finals.

Guest Four
Me too brother! I'm with you the WJC are probably my favorite time of the year. Your off for holidays usually, and you get to cheer on your country while there giving 110% every night. These kids have to play hard, they have to for there countries. That's everyone, the slovaks, the germans, everyone. That's why its so great to watch, intense hockey.

And holy cow! The Slovaks are up 2-1 on the US right now and Janus is robbing them! McCollum looks asleep at the wheel, not looking good.

Lol, I've had a great two days. Canada vs USA win and they the Winter Classic win and a day off of work. LOVE IT. (L)

Wow, did the Canadians come there just to boo team USA?

Na na naaaa na

Na na naaaa na

Hey heeeeeey

Goodbye

Seriously though, I'm amazed the US lost that game. The Slovak goalie came in determined not to be intimidated by the US team and it payed off big for his team.