• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest dekeyuk
Osgood sucks, that's all their is too say.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about or anything about hockey. Allow people on this thread to walk you through each of the 6 goals tonight and give you a number of reasons why none were Osgood's fault. Go ahead guys, set him straight. Explain how a goalie allowing 6 goals and with a lousy GAA is actually playing well.

In all seriousness, we just went 6-5 on the end of a west coast road trip, 3rd game in 4 nights, against the #1 team in the west, despite a 5-3, and 2 breakaways. Sometimes people around here ***** too much. This was a close game, and a great one. And if anyone cares to do the math, Wings outscore the Sharks in their matchups this year.

Well,they won because the refs missed that offsides.Too bad they have to win by cheating.

Don't cling to that. Wasn't clear, it was a 90% chance he was on sides. I'd ***** about those two bulls*** penalties called against the Wings, though. Do they even call diving anymore? Thornton didn't even fall on Lilja's hit until one or two seconds AFTER the slash.

And now we;ve got another game decided by refs.

- 5 on 3 in the second when Thornton dived, goal

- dive by Nabokov not to mention that he was clearly outside of the crease, another goal

- Marleau was in offside when he scored, another goal

- clear trip on Cleary that prevented 6 on 4 in the final seconds

that's patetic game from refs...

Edited by RusDRW

Osgood as let in 77 goals so far this season. That's 7 less than he let in all of last season through 43 games. Osgood has only played 24 so far. He gave up the most goals in his career with the Islanders in '02 with 156 through 66 games. Stastically speaking, he's he's having career low in every goaltender category.

My concern is Johan - I'm hoping it's a Meech-style "injury" and nothing more. I thought I saw him take a slight limp going back at the end of the 2nd, guess I was right. :( We don't play again until Tuesday in Phoenix, so hopefully that'll get him back into the lineup and we can throw in Meech instead of Lebda, or someone out there. Something just absolutely was NOT clicking on that back line. I don't know what it was. Those two breakaway goals KILLED us.

Well, in any event, it was an exciting game to watch. It's too bad we didn't end up on the right side of it, but not a bad two and a half hours of my life.

I'm sure we can all express our collective disappointment in Osgood and the defense for their late game letdown, but we still only lost the game by a goal. Both teams were very good, I'd watch them play each other again anytime.

Yea, his defense stepped up and didn't allow a breakway in the 3rd period.

Nabokov made the saves he needed to. Osgood did it. Somebody please name a good save Osgood made tonight.

If you can't make one good save against the best team in the league, you arent giving your team a chance. Osgood was horrific tonight.

And for the record, because no ones talking about, San Jose was missing two of their regular Dmen tonight.

i would like to make this post a apology to osgood and all his supporters who defended him a couple nights ago, i have been proved completely wrong by osgood tonite and i can not believe how much non of this game was his fault.

the red wings should of scored at LEAST 7 goals anyway, every other night he plays too.

all 6 goals were flukes, mistakes, and the defense fault.

and conklin is just really lucky

Guest dekeyuk
In all seriousness, we just went 6-5 on the end of a west coast road trip, 3rd game in 4 nights, against the #1 team in the west, despite a 5-3, and 2 breakaways. Sometimes people around here ***** too much. This was a close game, and a great one. And if anyone cares to do the math, Wings outscore the Sharks in their matchups this year.

That is just stupid. You can't add up goals like pennies and say you are ahead. We are 1-2 against them okay.

Osgood and Hasek had the exact same stats last year. The same amount of shutouts. Same amount of wins. all of that.

What's the discrepancy between Conks and osgood? 4 shutouts? 1GA/P? .05 Sv5?

Same argument, totally different circumstances.

Hasek has never had a terrible season, and whether or not he was playing fantastic last year is meaingless seeing that he didn't let in 3 goals + every game. Sign Hossa, sign Zetterberg, and get a decent goalie, or just sign Conklin, buyout Osgood's contract, and bring up a minor leaguer. The defense isn't really to blame this game. A bad D doesn't let in 6 goals.

That was an AWESOME GAME!

Sucks we lost, but still, amazing to watch. I have no complaints about the officials, they let the stupid calls go, give or take a couple, but pretty even on both sides.

February 25th, it's payback time!

Ozzy failed his test, and I think he lost a lot of trust from Babcock. It hurts me to say this, but I really think we would have at least made OT with Conklin. Ozzy needs to do somthing or else Conks will be #1 come playoffs.

Now to the other problem... how many shots did we give up? I don't care if it's San Jose or LA, we need to tighten up on D.

As for the game... it's good to know our offense scored 5 goals, but our D/goaltending was not solid and the refs did not help either. It was a fun game to watch.

Guest DetroitBoy313
Don't cling to that. Wasn't clear, it was a 90% chance he was on sides. I'd ***** about those two bulls*** penalties called against the Wings, though. Do they even call diving anymore? Thornton didn't even fall on Lilja's hit until one or two seconds AFTER the slash.

Are you kidding me???? That was CLEARLY offsides.We scored 5 goals in their barn,and they won on some bulls***.

One game. Calm yourself.

I'm pretty sure our defenseman will watch the tape and realize how badly they screwed up on those break-aways.

We'll be perfectly fine.

Posted immediately after my first one there :P It was just a bit of dark humor at the reaction in the Sharktank plus their homer announcers declaring the Sharks the best team in the league. As another person pointed out, they still have to play in the playoffs.

I love franzen, but we're not signing all 3 and our goaltending will render this team pointless. That would be shame, since the talent is as good as at has ever been.

It is not goaltending. Osgood is playing as he played last year. The difference is that Wings D gives up much better scoring chances this year.

What an incredible game. So many "what if's" for us. If Dats and Cleary lift the puck (one or the other) end of story Wings win. If Conks starts would we win??

None the less that was awesome even though we lost. Heres looking towards a GREAT playoff year. We are in such better shape with Hossa on our bench than we were last year, but we'll have to knock out SJ in the WCF's and not rely on anyone else. THis game goes to show the absolute importance of us getting home ice advantage over them. I think the team with HIA is the SCC.

Hope Franzen is only Day to Day btw.

agreed - I have major osgood hate right now. Complete no show for this game.

Right off the bat I can point to the first goal as one he should have had, and at least one of those breakaway goals. So that's a 5-4 Wings win if he makes those saves. Then ew can talk about those penalties. Ridiculous.

I'm not bashing on Ozzie only, the whole team, regardless of the score, was dominated by San Jose tonight.

Let's just hope this one game doesn't mean anything and that the Wings keep marching.

I think the WIngs could still beat San Jose in a playoff series, but it'd be close, and the Sharks could juts as easily beat the Wings, and that's scary.

One thing is for sure, I don't know who, or what position, but we need some sort of change, even though we're winning lately.

Heh, it is now that we lost this one. Everyone forgets the 6-0 spanking we gave San Jose at the Joe so conveniently.

Because San Jose had played the night before and had no energy. Same excuse Wings fans used when we lost to the Sharks the first time. Works both ways. This was the first time the Wings and Sharks played at 100%, and the one difference tonight was goaltending and physicality.

LOL @ Hossa, trying to drill a hole in Nabby. Good try, buddy.

Sharks are #1 in the NHL. Thank you, Wings!! :lol:

Who cares? the sharks fanboys maybe and versus because they jock any team thats not the Red Wings. Let them have a win, besides if Conklin played this one we would have won. Playoffs is what matters, i'd prefer us going into the playoffs under the radar let everyone manlove Thornton and Marleau, who really cares? PLAYOFFS, thats the only word that matters to me, the Sharks are a bunch of chokers, they played us with a shaky Chris Osgood in net. They won 6-5, when we decide to play the game ends 6-0 sooooooo...... yaaaaaa.

No Worries, the Sharks are as good at playoff hockey as Al Gore is at spreading ManBearPig awareness.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

Everybody knows that Ozzie has on games and off games. But to come onto the forums and trash-talk him as if he was the only one who figured into us losing is complete insanity. It's easy to blame the goalie. TOO easy. The bigger problem was our defense breaking down.

His away record is outstanding. He has the highest win percentage of any goalie this year. Get off his case. You should know by now that he's not dynamite all the time - but that's one of the attributes about Ozzie that Wings fans learn to accept.

So if you want to blame the whole thing on Ozzie and talk about how much he sucks - be my guest. But to those of us who actually stand by the team and don't place the entire loss over Osgood's head, you look AND sound foolish.

It was an excellent game. Ozzie was off - but so was the D. We just had a hell of an away run. And we're a hell of a team. If anybody can come back from downfalls such as this, it's Detroit. Remember that before you get your panties in a twist.