• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest dekeyuk

Here is what I feel good about. With Conks, we would have won this game. Babs will not stick with any goal tender if he plays like this in the playoffs. He will not stick with any D who plays like Kronvall and Stuart did tonight either. I just wanted to beat these guys and show the world we are the force to reckon with. You don't think games like this play into confidence for teams like the Sharks? They played us like a playoff game and look what happened.

Great hockey game...end of story!!

Great signature!

when I couldn't see a game, it used to be great to check the GDT to get a feel for what actually went on during a game. Now reading through it I want to set half the people posting in it on fire. I'm not one of the pollyanna folks who thinks you can never criticize our beloved Wings, but the histrionics here is ridiculous.

It's good to see there are a few who actually post thoughts about the game and give a reasonable recap. For that, many thanks.

For the others, you're a bunch of spoiled whiny *******. Sometimes your team loses. It happens.

It is not goaltending. Osgood is playing as he played last year. The difference is that Wings D gives up much better scoring chances this year.

Thats the most ill-informed post on this board. Osgood is a shadow of the man he was last season.

Nabokov made the saves he needed to. Osgood did it. Somebody please name a good save Osgood made tonight.

If you can't make one good save against the best team in the league, you arent giving your team a chance. Osgood was horrific tonight.

And for the record, because no ones talking about, San Jose was missing two of their regular Dmen tonight.

Osgood made plenty of good saves tonight. Did he make some mistakes? Absolutely. However, he didn't play horrible. The loss isn't entirely on his shoulders thats for sure. I guess its comes down to perception here and we both perceive things differently. Good night!

That is just stupid. You can't add up goals like pennies and say you are ahead. We are 1-2 against them okay.

No, but I'm trying to add some positive outlook to this bitchfest. Keep in mind that all 3 of the times these teams have played eachother, the loser has been at the end of long roadtrips. The Sharks one 4-1 and 6-5 respectively on the Wings roadtrips, the Wings won 6-0. To me, that indicates an advantage to the Wings in performance under a more equal scenario.. one such as, say, the playoffs?

Hasek has never had a terrible season, and whether or not he was playing fantastic last year is meaingless seeing that he didn't let in 3 goals + every game. Sign Hossa, sign Zetterberg, and get a decent goalie, or just sign Conklin, buyout Osgood's contract, and bring up a minor leaguer. The defense isn't really to blame this game. A bad D doesn't let in 6 goals.

I wasn't defending osgood.

Heh, it is now that we lost this one. Everyone forgets the 6-0 spanking we gave San Jose at the Joe so conveniently.

That's right, because a win in that 6-0 game would've put us ahead of the Sharks for the first time this season. Oh wait...

I didn't forget our shutout of the Sharks a month or so ago, I just think it's pretty clear this was the biggest game of the season and we fell apart in the third.

Not that the game wasn't extremely entertaining, but the performance of our defence and goaltending was less than impressive.

All i can picture is this being game 7 of the WCF.. It had the intensity and all week this has been the big game to look forward to.. in my opinion the big chance for Detroit to prove they are the best.. and all they proved was that when it came right down to it they couldnt handle San Jose.. I have heard a lot of talk of our defense getting better.. but take out the LA game and between Dallas and SJ thats almost 100 Shots Against.. That just will not do in the playoffs..

I havent got a clue why Babs would play Ozzie.. did he not just say like last week that he WASNT going to alternate and he was gonna play the hot goalie and try to work Ozzie in?.. Would this not have been a good game to throw in the goalie who just got a shut out and shut out SJ the last time they played?..

Oh well.. just another game I guess.. But I am gonna have a bad feeling if we meet up with them in the playoffs..

Great game to watch. Ozzie wasn't quite up to par but neither was the defense however our offense still managed to keep us in the game regardless. Can't wait for the next clash between these teams.

And now we;ve got another game decided by refs.

- 5 on 3 in the second when Thornton dived, goal

-dive by Nabokov not to mention that he was clearly outside of the crease, another goal

- Marleau was in offside when he scored, another goal

* dive or not, it was a CLEAR slash by Lilja

*I agree it was a dive and a bad call but it was still a bonehead move by Sammy

*That offsides could have gone either way and even if it WAS offside, it was too close for the D to f*** up like that

Pathetic game? No. Weak game by our defense? Yes. Lousy goaltending? Affirmative

Edited by ShanahanMan

And now we;ve got another game decided by refs.

- 5 on 3 in the second when Thornton dived, goal

- dive by Nabokov not to mention that he was clearly outside of the crease, another goal

- Marleau was in offside when he scored, another goal

- clear trip on Cleary that prevented 6 on 4 in the final seconds

that's patetic game from refs...

I am pretty sure Sharks fans have their own list just as big. Refs were no worse than usual. Wings did not need help losing this one.

Why are people saying we were dominated? The only way they were dominated was by San Jose's hitting game, and for the most part, that didn't affect the Wings ability to perform in this game. Detroit played awesome offense. San Jose played awesome offense. Wings played so-so defense. Sharks played so-so defense. Sharks had okay goaltending. Wings had poor goaltending.

Michalek is a joke now. He has the size and speed to be a potential power forward, but he tailed off last year and became a highlight after getting destroyed by Brendan Morrow in the playoffs.

Good call. 1g, 2a for Milan tonight.

Are you kidding me???? That was CLEARLY offsides.We scored 5 goals in their barn,and they won on some bulls***.

Uh, I don't know what broadcast you were watching, but even with a camera view and replaying it a few times, even I couldn't tell. The broadcasters said it was very close. Neither Larry or Ken couldn't say it was offside for sure or not.

So, I wouldn't say it was CLEARLY offside.

i wrote the game off as a loss as soon as i saw ozzy in net... i cant belive for the life of me what babs was thinking putting ozzy in when conks is coming off a chut out last game, and the shut out against the sharks back last month, the 6-0 win... i cant understand what crawls up ozzy's ass the year after he wins a cup? disappointed to say the least.

If this game proves anything, it is that we should not be worried about anything. We lost by one goal to arguably the best team in the leauge in our third game in four nights on a tough west coast trip with a lot of bad calls against us, an unlucky bounce on the 4th goal and mediocre goaltending.

If we are playing any other team in the league tonight, we win this game.

Edited by adtthosa

That was an AWESOME GAME!

Sucks we lost, but still, amazing to watch. I have no complaints about the officials, they let the stupid calls go, give or take a couple, but pretty even on both sides.

February 25th, it's payback time!

Yes that was an amazing game... I was so happy to see playoff atmosphere again. Pissed that the wings didn't win but hey i'd rather lose in a close game than a blowout.

and my b-day is feb 26 so it would be a nice b-day gift from the wings if they won

That's right, because a win in that 6-0 game would've put us ahead of the Sharks for the first time this season. Oh wait...

I didn't forget our shutout of the Sharks a month or so ago, I just think it's pretty clear this was the biggest game of the season and we fell apart in the third.

Not that the game wasn't extremely entertaining, but the performance of our defence and goaltending was less than impressive.

For me, none of the Sharks-Wings games have been the biggest of the season, simply because the loser in every situation has been at the end of a horrendous road trip. I think, atleast in the West, the back-to-back Chicago/Wings games were bigger, as both were rested, and the games were highly touted.. and look how those turned out.

Guest dekeyuk
Great signature!

when I couldn't see a game, it used to be great to check the GDT to get a feel for what actually went on during a game. Now reading through it I want to set half the people posting in it on fire. I'm not one of the pollyanna folks who thinks you can never criticize our beloved Wings, but the histrionics here is ridiculous.

It's good to see there are a few who actually post thoughts about the game and give a reasonable recap. For that, many thanks.

For the others, you're a bunch of spoiled whiny *******. Sometimes your team loses. It happens.

Well sometime you can suck my left one. I can make it happen with one hand tied behind my back *****.

Hey, what's all this talk about this being a great game????? The Wings lost --- therefore this game becomes a frustrating waste of time that will only make me tired and cranky tomorrow. :ranting:

I am with you on this one. Close loses are the worst.