• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

Red Wings looking at Roberts, Laperriere?

Rate this topic

I hate Lapierriere with a passion, but he isn't a goon, I mean he will fight (his spot picking is pretty bad) whenever he has too but a goon? No.

He's got 10 goals and 7 (17 points) so far this season, and two years back he had himself a 30 point season.

So he is definitely not a goon, I still don't want him at all -- not as a rental, depth guy, anything.

I am not really interested in Roberts either to be completely honest.

On second thought, that'd give a little substance as to why Detroit would have scouts at the Colorado game. However, that could also be where this rumor came from. ;)

If anything with Colorado it will be about a defensman , maybe Jordan Leopold a steady stay at home type we could use ; and he's having an injury free year for a change and he doesn't have a heavy salary to boot.

Laperriere is a Drake clone, he plays with utterly no conscience which is what makes other players hyper-aware of his presence. He may take a run at anybody anytime which Maltby, Kopecky or others here now don't. I don't know about Roberts, yeah he has the fire but hardly the skating game the Wings employ. Of the two, if it was for a throwaway draft pick, Laperriere could be a intimidator/depth forward.

If that's the case I'd rather have Neil who can put the puck in the net once and awhile , of course that's if he has a clean bill of health.

In his article about possible trades, Allan Muir of Sportsillustrated mentions the Laperriere-deal too:

"Colorado sends Ian Laperriere to Detroit for a second-rounder

The Wings have plenty of options on their dysfunctional fourth line, but no one's stepping up and seizing jobs for the playoffs. Laperriere's a been-there, done-that warrior, a guy who should fit nicely into Detroit's culture on and off the ice. That seems like exactly the sort of guy Colorado should be keeping as they rebuild their floundering franchise, but the word around Denver is that he's as good as gone."

Laperriere would be o.k. but I would much rather have Neil, he would give the wings a big lift.And I don't want San Jose to get him that

would not be good. :unsure::unsure: !!!!I guess we'll have to wait till the big day.

I used to want the Wings to jump all over a 4th line energy player at the deadline. But ever since Helm and Leino have proved that they deserve a roster spot I think there is little truth behind these rumors. Even if there are scouts at these games I bet they're looking at defensemen and not forwards. We're way too stacked at forward this year to bother with it. We're not going to bench Draper or Maltby because of experience and Babcock is loving Kopy, Helm and Leino. So who would Lappy or Roberts replace? No one. Unless Colorado has inquired about one of our players and is offering a juicy deal (Filppula?). But I don't see Kenny gutting our depth this far into the season for an energy player now that Helm seems to be fitting that mold. Maybe something will happen in the offseason.

Laperriere would be o.k. but I would much rather have Neil, he would give the wings a big lift.And I don't want San Jose to get him that

would not be good. :unsure::unsure: !!!!I guess we'll have to wait till the big day.

I was wondering when that was gonna be said.

Id rather have Neil too!!!

The Detroit Red wings are looking to add grit at the trade deadline. They are currently highly involved in talks with the Ottawa Senators about forward Chris Neil

If the Wings fail to land Neil who is being pursuing by half a dozen teams, they are strongly considering Tampa Bay Lightning forward Gary Roberts.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/re...y-roberts/7520/

Edited by REDHASEK

The continuous talk about grit at the trade deadline rises again.

While, I think it's a good idea, I don't think the Wings should go out of their way with it. I mean look what happened when we went out and got Bert. Sure he is gritty, didn't factor a whole lot though.

Let's trade Fippula + Lebda for Leopold and Laperierre. Throw in a pick or a prospect to the side that is getting the shorter end of the deal (don't know much about Leopold's and Lappy's value).

D-Z-H

Hudler-Franzen-Hossa

Cleary-Helm-Sammy

Maltby-Draper-Lappy (Leino/Kopecky)

Lids-Raffy

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Leopold

I just hope Holland dosn't get some no name'er we never heard of like a (Cory Cross) thats not going to do s*** for the team. I would rather have the team we have if thats the case.We'll all on here wendsday evening saying who in the hell is this guy.