Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If you were Babs -

Rate this topic

Zetterberg-Datsyk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filpulla-Hossa

Hudler-Draper-Cleary

Maltby/Leino-Helm-Kopecky/Samuelsson

Maltby or Leino sitting depending on the game. Same with Kopecky/Samuellsson.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronwall

Lilja-Ericsson

Chelios

Lebda

Meech

Conklin - Osgood whoever plays better toward the end. Ride the hot goalie.

Edited by Carman

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Helm-Hossa

Franzen-Fillpula-Cleary

Leino-Draper-Samuelson

Maltby

Kopecky

Meech

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwell-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Chelios

Lebda

Osgood-Conklin

Zetterberg Datsyk Holmstrom 1A

Franzen Filpula Hossa 1B

Helm Draper Cleary - Fast, Grit and can maybe score a little

Hudler Sammy Kopecky/Leino/Maltby Depending on what team we're playing

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericsson/Lebda

Chelios-Meech both sit untl someone gets Injured

Conklin

Osgood Unless Ozzie promises to play like he did in the playoffs last year

Edited by Decoy Jones

Hudler-Helm-Hossa

Franzen-Fillpula-Cleary

Leino-Draper-Samuelson

Maltby

Kopecky

Meech

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwell-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Chelios

Lebda

Osgood-Conklin

I'm sorry, I know these are all opinion and I don't mean to demean yours, but Helm is not a 2nd line center... I can see an argument for him centering the 3rd line, but come on...

I think if I were Babs I would want the Wings to have balance. How do I bring balance to such a team but more importantly, how do I waste time at work? Simple Mathmatical fomula! Simply make the lines by making the lines closest to each other by the number the players wear on their jerseys.

Note this isn't based on who I like or who plays well or anything. This is just the math of a balanced team. Some people sit because the ir number doesn't fit in the average.

So here we go

Cleary Holmstrom Zetterberg 11+96+40= 147

Datsyk Franzen Sammy 13+93+37=143

Maltby Kopecky Helm 18+82+43=143

Hudler Hossa Draper 26+81+33=140

Sorry no Filpula or Leino!

Defense

Kronwall Lilja 55+3=58

Ericcson Lidstrom 52+5=57

Rafalski Chelios 28+24=52

Note: One could argue that Chelios can't play the western road games because it's past his bedtime. Not to worry. In the event put in Stuart for Chelios and that line becomes 28+23=51. And as you may notice, this only the loss of one point.

To me, this equation not only highlights how much time I can waste on the clock, but how deep this team is. These may not be ideal lines of defense pairing but there isn't really any glaring problems.

Edited by Decoy Jones

Hossa-Franzen-Filppula

Hudler-Samuelsson-Leino(I hope)

Draper-Kopecky-Maltby

Scratch:Helm

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson(or Stuart)

Lilja-Stuart(or Ericsson)

Scratch:Lebda

Conklin

Scratch:Osgood

Hossa-Franzen-Filppula

Hudler-Samuelsson-Leino(I hope)

Draper-Kopecky-Maltby

Scratch:Helm

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson(or Stuart)

Lilja-Stuart(or Ericsson)

Scratch:Lebda

Conklin

Scratch:Osgood

I am impressed! 8 posts and someone finally spelled Filppula right!

ZDH is pretty much a given.

(I did say "pretty much".)

After that, it gets murky.

I agree with Decoy Jones (the real one, but I enjoyed the numbers as well).

Wait a minute- the real Decoy?...

Bottom line: This team is stacked. Let's just hope they come out with all guns a-firing and play serious hockey.

Cleary - Datsyuk - Hossa

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Hudler - Filppula - Franzen

Kopecky - Draper - Helm/Maltby

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lilly

Lebda/Chelios/Meech

Osgood

Conklin

Dats-Hank-Homer

Hossa-Franzen-Hudler

Cleary-Flip-Leino

Helm-Draper-Sammy

Lids-Raffy

Kronner-Stuart

Lilja-Ericsson

Conklin

Osgood

(reserves Maltby, Kopecky and Lebda)

I'm going to start with the defense because I couldn't really imagine they would change all that much or a change that would significantly impact the outcome.

Nick-Rafi

Junior-Stewie

Ericsson-Lils

*I'm hesitant to put Ericsson there because of Lebda's playoff experience, but I really think they could use his big body along the boards in the playoffs.

Forwards

If Pav and Z are together...

Pav-Z-Homer

Mule-Fil-Hoss

Bear-Drapes-Sammy

Huds-Helm-Kopy

*Maltby & Leino as the main reserves for Kopy's spot

If Pav and Z are apart or if they just need a shakeup in general...

Mule-Pav-Homer

Bear-Z-Hoss

Fil-Drapes-Sammy

Huds-Helm-Kopy

*Maltby & Leino as the main reserves for Kopy's spot

*I really liked the Mule-Pav-Homer line during that winning streak in early winter.

Pavel - Z - Cleary (Pavel and Z are magicians together, period. Cleary can skate, Homer can't.)

Mulestien - Valteri - Hossa (Filpulla is going to step it up at this point, he should be given the opportunity even if he does lose it.)

Homer - Hudler - Sammy (I would consider putting Leino on this line, or Valteri for Hudler if he doesn't get it done.)

Malts - Drapes - Helm (Nothing against Kopecky so much but there's only one person on the whole team with the speed of Helm- Hossa.)

Leino, Kopy and Downey could sub in 3rd or 4th line as need be.

Lidstrom - Kronner

Brian - Stewie

I like these pairings better because you have a physical D with a puck moving D. These guys are professionals they make this work really well.

Lilja - Chelios/Ericsson/Lebda (Whoever wants to play good hockey)

Conklin

Osgood

If one doesn't get it done, the other will. Hopefully, in either case.

Edited by ltgator333

Hossa - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Filppula - Sammy/Draper

Helm - Kopecky - Draper/Sammy

1- Maltby, 2- Leino, 3- Meech

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronner - Ericsson

Stuart - Lilja

1- Lebda, 2- Chelios, 3- Meech

Conklin

Ozzie

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hossa - Franzen - Leino

Hudler - Filppula - Cleary

Helm- Draper - Samuelson

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Ericcson

Stuart - Lilja

Osgood/Conklin

Scratches - Maltby, Kopecky, Downey, Meech, Lebda, Chelios

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Hossa-Cleary-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filpulla-Samuelsson

Draper-Leino-Kopecky

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericsson

Lebda/Chelios

Osgood gets the start of the first game and everyone prays.

My forward lineups would consist, for the first three lines, of three roles. Playmaker, Finisher, and Screen/Cleanup. I have them arranged by position. Playmakers are Datsyuk/Hudler/Filppula, Finishers are Zetterberg/Hossa/Samuelsson, and Screen/Cleanup are Holmstrom/Franzen/Cleary. The fourth line would be a shut down line whose primary job was to gain control of the puck and to play a physical game when called upon.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Hudler/Hossa

Cleary/Filppula/Samuelsson

Helm/Draper/Kopecky

OR

Holmstrom/Datsyuk/Hossa

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Helm/Draper/Kopecky

If a Playmaker or Finisher from a scoring line or Kopecky was injured, Leino would be the forward called upon and put into the lineup.

For example, if Zetterberg were injured, Leino could take a wing spot as Finisher on the second line with Hudler or Franzen moving to center. If Filppula were injured, Leino could simply serve as the Playmaker on the third line, with either Leino or Cleary taking the center spot.

If a Screen/Cleanup from a scoring line or a checking line forward other than Kopecky was injured, Maltby would be called upon and put in Kopecky's spot, and Kopecky would be promoted to either the second or third scoring line.

For example, if Holmstrom were injured, Cleary or Franzen could be moved up to play with Datsyuk, and Kopecky replaces their previous Screen/Cleanup spot, with Maltby taking the fourth line spot.

As far as forwards after Leino and Maltby, I don't feel it needs to be addressed specifically.

The top-six defense would be:

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Ericsson/Lilja

Chelios

Lebda

Meech

I would rank Meech above Lebda, but for Lebda's experience.

Goaltending

Osgood/Conklin

Edited by eva unit zero

ZDH

Leino-Flip-Hossa

Hudler/Cleary/Mule

Sammy/Helm/Kopecky

line1) obvious

line 2) Leino should play top 6 min. if he is on the roster, Flip works well with Hossa and is finally starting to wake up. Both Hossa and Leino can even create there own if need be. We would have 2 great shooters on the line and a good passer.

line 3) Hudler with his quick shot, Cleary with the driving to the net, and Mule seems to work well with Hudler.

line 4)Sammy agitates, Helm is aggressive and like to hit, and well Kopecky tries to hit, Sammy can be the shooter, Helm setting up, and Kopecky driving the net.

Lids/Raffy

Kronner/Big Rig

Stuart/lilja

Either Big Rig or lilja could play 4/6 dman I just feel they are more willing to play stay at home; we know Kronner like to pinch, so I normally would put Lilja at 4 but in the past he hasn't been to successful with that time. Stuart has been playing a bit sloppy so giving him less min. would help.

Conk

Ozzy

coach: Babcock, benusmc

Edited by ben_usmc

I'm sorry, I know these are all opinion and I don't mean to demean yours, but Helm is not a 2nd line center... I can see an argument for him centering the 3rd line, but come on...

You're probably right, and Filppula has come on stronger as of late and would probably be a better fit. I would keep the Huds Hossa part of it tho. I thought they played well together earlier in the season for the few games they did. They seemed to have some good chemistry. Helm just seems more of a play maker than Fillpula has been. That's why I chose him.

(sp)

Edited by Spinner

Well thought out, Eva. I prefer your first scenario.

I might promote Ericsson to #4, depending on how his wrist is, and how well he continues to perform. I'm just not as comfortable with the Kron/Stu pairing as I was last year. They might turn back into the great tandem they were during the playoffs, but I haven't felt that chemistry this year. I could easily be wrong, though.

You're probably right, and Filppula has come on stronger as of late and would probably be a better fit. I would keep the Huds Hossa part of it tho. I thought they played well together earlier in the season for the few games they did. They seemed to have some good chemistry. Helm just seems more of a play maker than Fillpula has been. That's why I chose him.

(sp)

Helm is not a play maker, Helm just is so fast and uses that to his advantage. Most of the time the defender just goes on him so he could cut Helm's speed which leaves another player open, he eventually passes the puck to the player. He also just shoots the puck more then Flip which eventually creates chances to score.

Helm is energy / grinder player.

Filppula is playmaker /defensive.

The problem with Filppula is his just to weak on the puck. He get's bumped off too easily. His not to grindy and has a hard time fighting battles at the boards.

My forward lineups would consist, for the first three lines, of three roles. Playmaker, Finisher, and Screen/Cleanup. I have them arranged by position. Playmakers are Datsyuk/Hudler/Filppula, Finishers are Zetterberg/Hossa/Samuelsson, and Screen/Cleanup are Holmstrom/Franzen/Cleary. The fourth line would be a shut down line whose primary job was to gain control of the puck and to play a physical game when called upon.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Hudler/Hossa

Helm/Draper/Kopecky

OR

Holmstrom/Datsyuk/Hossa

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Helm/Draper/Kopecky

If a Playmaker or Finisher from a scoring line or Kopecky was injured, Leino would be the forward called upon and put into the lineup.

For example, if Zetterberg were injured, Leino could take a wing spot as Finisher on the second line with Hudler or Franzen moving to center. If Filppula were injured, Leino could simply serve as the Playmaker on the third line, with either Leino or Cleary taking the center spot.

If a Screen/Cleanup from a scoring line or a checking line forward other than Kopecky was injured, Maltby would be called upon and put in Kopecky's spot, and Kopecky would be promoted to either the second or third scoring line.

For example, if Holmstrom were injured, Cleary or Franzen could be moved up to play with Datsyuk, and Kopecky replaces their previous Screen/Cleanup spot, with Maltby taking the fourth line spot.

As far as forwards after Leino and Maltby, I don't feel it needs to be addressed specifically.

The top-six defense would be:

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Ericsson/Lilja

Chelios

Lebda

Meech

I would rank Meech above Lebda, but for Lebda's experience.

Goaltending

Osgood/Conklin

have you every considered publishing your various novels? :D

I think if I were Babs I would want the Wings to have balance. How do I bring balance to such a team but more importantly, how do I waste time at work? Simple Mathmatical fomula! Simply make the lines by making the lines closest to each other by the number the players wear on their jerseys.

Note this isn't based on who I like or who plays well or anything. This is just the math of a balanced team. Some people sit because the ir number doesn't fit in the average.

So here we go

Cleary Holmstrom Zetterberg 11+96+40= 147

Datsyk Franzen Sammy 13+93+37=143

Maltby Kopecky Helm 18+82+3=143

Hudler Hossa Draper 26+81+33=140

Sorry no Filpula or Leino!

Defense

Kronwall Lilja 55+3=58

Ericcson Lidstrom 52+5=57

Rafalski Chelios 28+24=52

Note: One could argue that Chelios can't play the western road games because it's past his bedtime. Not to worry. In the event put in Stuart for Chelios and that line becomes 28+23=51. And as you may notice, this only the loss of one point.

To me, this equation not only highlights how much time I can waste on the clock, but how deep this team is. These may not be ideal lines of defense pairing but there isn't really any glaring problems.

possibly the most brilliant waste of work time ever! I love it!