• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

The series we've all been waiting for

Rate this topic

I'm surprised so many people don't want the Pens in the Finals... You guys don't want to see Hossa skate past Crosby and say "This is why I went to Detroit, BIATCH!!"

+11tee

I want the Red Wings to be the bane of the 'model franchise' for many years to come. When they gather at the reunions years from now I want them to think of the glory they could have had if not for the Red Menace.

On the other hand we already have a head start whipping on the Caps so if they make it to the finals beating the crap out of them again would bring me comfort. Afterward the Wings can all pile up their sticks and pretend to lite them on fire. Not to rub our win in the Caps face but just as a display of joy....like the other stick lighting celebration was.

Disclaimer: if we don't make the finals ignore everything I typed. <_<

Edited by softshoes

I'd rather see the Caps win, as I didn't want the Pens to even make the playoffs. But it doesn't bother me too much either way- Boston can roll over either of them. And they will.

I'd say the Penguins are easily the better team -- I just hope whomever wins this series is able to squeek by Boston, b/c Washington or Pittsburg will be a lot easier series than Boston, IMO.

How can you hate Ovechkin? Does not compute. :blink:

Is it required as a member of this board to worship the Caps and their shameless showboat of a leader? I've despised the Capitals for 15+ years, that isn't going to change just because they have a fresh new bandwagon rolling into town.

I just hope the Pens lose, I don't want to have a chance at facing that stupid team again in the finals.

No doubt. Still rooting for a black hole to swallow both franchises and their fans, but the Caps would be my 2nd choice I guess.

Remember the Islanders-Oilers "one dynasty passing the torch to the other" comparisons last year? Get ready for those x1000 if the Wings and Pens meet again. I'm rooting against it.

Is it required as a member of this board to worship the Caps and their shameless showboat of a leader? I've despised the Capitals for 15+ years, that isn't going to change just because they have a fresh new bandwagon rolling into town.

That's an amazing thing. Living so close to DC, I never knew that anyone actually "despised" the Capitals. We barely knew that anyone cared. Wow!

That's an amazing thing. Living so close to DC, I never knew that anyone actually "despised" the Capitals. We barely knew that anyone cared. Wow!

Being a Wings' fan in MD, surrounded by Capitals and Penguins fans for years, I've taken a lot of flack. 1998 was a particularly rough year ;)

I think a good drinking game would be to take a shot every time Ovechkin makes Crosby cry.

Although, I'm not sure your liver could handle it.

Yeah, your liver would be done by the end of game one, if not period one of game one.

I am a new resident of Washington DC (little more than a year) - but I have had the fortunate opportunity to attend many Capitals' games. As the Capitals continued to tally victory after victory, the once relatively empty Verizon center filled with newly minted hockey nuts - and local hockey traditions sprung from this new hotbed. I was totally enthralled with the joy of finding hockey and the fervor that comes with watching a new and exciting team for the first time. (a la Detroit Red Wings 1995).

I found their exuberance for lack of a better word - "cute". I know this sounds terrible arrogant, but this was not the same Capitals fans who cheered Adam Oates and Petr Bonda in the 1998 Finals - they lacked the savvy, the experience and the knowledge. I could often hear things like "Wait, why is that guy in the blue jersey sitting in that little box over there?", "How come players just don't push the goaltender over?", and my personal favorite, "What if you just took a really really fat guy and made him play goalie?" you know - all those first time questions we all asked when we first started watching hockey.

I had found a new an electrifying atmosphere to feed my hockey addiction until I could watch the Wings with regularity come playoff time.

But something strange happened over the course of the year - the fans begun to grow confident, scary confident in their team. Talks about exciting hockey made way for MVP chants, Stanley Cups, and dynasty talk. Questions about any defensemen even coming close to the ever impressive Mike Green - and why the Capitals will have no problem rolling over the competition on their first Cup in franchise history. Snide remarks made about old time players who the fans had no idea the sacrifices they had made.

It was frightening - fandom without knowledge, success without sacrifice, over-confidence without respect. It is official - I dislike Caps fans.

It's tragic because I can say I actually do like the Capitals as a team. They are exciting and entertaining to watch. They are very familiar to the Pens team last year - otherworldly talent, and too young to know that they should be humbled by the playoffs.

At the end of the day - I'm unsure if I want to the Caps to be destroyed by their supposed arch-villain; Sidney Crosby. Or if I want the Capitals to get so close the Stanley Cup, only to have their dreams dashed.

I am a new resident of Washington DC (little more than a year) - but I have had the fortunate opportunity to attend many Capitals' games. As the Capitals continued to tally victory after victory, the once relatively empty Verizon center filled with newly minted hockey nuts - and local hockey traditions sprung from this new hotbed. I was totally enthralled with the joy of finding hockey and the fervor that comes with watching a new and exciting team for the first time. (a la Detroit Red Wings 1995).

I found their exuberance for lack of a better word - "cute". I know this sounds terrible arrogant, but this was not the same Capitals fans who cheered Adam Oates and Petr Bonda in the 1998 Finals - they lacked the savvy, the experience and the knowledge. I could often hear things like "Wait, why is that guy in the blue jersey sitting in that little box over there?", "How come players just don't push the goaltender over?", and my personal favorite, "What if you just took a really really fat guy and made him play goalie?" you know - all those first time questions we all asked when we first started watching hockey.

I had found a new an electrifying atmosphere to feed my hockey addiction until I could watch the Wings with regularity come playoff time.

But something strange happened over the course of the year - the fans begun to grow confident, scary confident in their team. Talks about exciting hockey made way for MVP chants, Stanley Cups, and dynasty talk. Questions about any defensemen even coming close to the ever impressive Mike Green - and why the Capitals will have no problem rolling over the competition on their first Cup in franchise history. Snide remarks made about old time players who the fans had no idea the sacrifices they had made.

It was frightening - fandom without knowledge, success without sacrifice, over-confidence without respect. It is official - I dislike Caps fans.

It's tragic because I can say I actually do like the Capitals as a team. They are exciting and entertaining to watch. They are very familiar to the Pens team last year - otherworldly talent, and too young to know that they should be humbled by the playoffs.

At the end of the day - I'm unsure if I want to the Caps to be destroyed by their supposed arch-villain; Sidney Crosby. Or if I want the Capitals to get so close the Stanley Cup, only to have their dreams dashed.

I am glad that you have been able to attend many Capitals' games. But as a season ticket holder for the last five years, I am baffled by your statements that we are overconfident. Seriously? Have you read any of the Caps boards?

1. I'm talking about AO, not the Caps.

2. "Shameless showboat of a leader"? Come off it. The guy has wild celebrations -- so sue him. Like someone said, he's almost the polar opposite of Crosby: down to earth, self-effacing, great sense of humor -- I really don't see what's not to like about him. If you don't like the Caps, that's cool. But to dislike Ovie? Weak sauce.

I can see no way of Washington winning this series. Kunitz, Crosby, Malkin, Guerin, Satan etc. have too much firepower for Varly and Ovechkin et al were anemic against New York. 11 shots through two periods in a game seven? Pit has this series in the bag.

btw the Caps are boring to watch I'd have preferred the Rangers advance, the Capitals' players are just so blah, Ovechkin annoys me now, they are missing fire. That was apparent in the final game against the Rangers, they seemed poised to just let it go just like last year. I disagree that the Caps are like the Pens last year, the Capitals made the playoffs as well last year if you will recall. Both teams are young but Pittsburgh was and is still deeper and stronger, and they have the will and hunger after coming so close last year.