• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Is it clear enough yet that if Helm had decent linemates (meaning: not Kopecky) the 4th line could be putting points on the board right now?

I cant wait till Drapes get back, the 4th line will be even faster and probably more physical.

Too bad we have a classy coach who doesn't whine like a little ***** constantly. We could use a few Therrienesque obstruction complaints, Ducks clearly playing pre-lockout hockey out there.

Surprisingly, Getzlaf only had 7:06 this period. :P

Sure didn't seem like it was that little! Oh well, still high numbers for a forward in a period.

Guest Shoreline
God, how short is Pang, 5'1"? I swear he shrinks more each year.

He's one of the American analysts I can tolerate. Not to say he's outstanding, but tolerable. It's crazy that a guy that short could be a goalie.

Guest Shoreline
Sorry, Getz...you may have allegedly modeled yourself after Sakic, but you don't even have a fraction of his class.

Or hair.

We looked terrible for the most part; losing one on one battles, slow to the puck, no puck support, poor puck control. Thank God for poor defensive coverage and a lucky bounce.

Has anyone else noticed how the ducks are getting away with obstruction? The Wings will dump or pass and drive to the net and the opposition will take the lane and push off them. THat was usually called in the regular season. Now to take the opposition, I haven't seen them move into the lane. Maybe you can argue it is a "finishing your check", but there is no momentum for them to check therefore they obstruct.

He's one of the American analysts I can tolerate. Not to say he's outstanding, but tolerable. It's crazy that a guy that short could be a goalie.

Well... not quite. Hasek has more career shutouts than Panger has career wins...

But I think he's A-OK as an analyst. Definitely better than McGuire the tool.

Guest mindfly

I have the swedish announcers (very pro wings ofc hehe) but how are the NBC announcers? are they whining about the non-calls on detroit or something?

I actually somewhat like Pang as well, as for his height I just found this in his wiki page...

"Standing only 5-foot-5, Pang was one of the shortest players to play in the NHL. It was often joked that he was the only goalie with a "6 hole," right above his head.?

I think you were being just as hair trigger as those who were claiming this team is crumbling and having the sky-is-falling attitude based on almost one single minute of hockey played. How would one suggest the sky is falling from the Wings scoring a goal? Seriously.

TBH, I think you're making too big of a deal out of this. Sammy has been one of the premier LGW whipping boys since he's been in Detroit, and I've seen enough posts to last a lifetime. Looks like I misunderstood your post...can't you see why with how the mass of LGW likes to rip #37?

I really hope Wings start playing much much better, because Ducks were much better team in the first. Datsyuk, Hossa, Zetterberg aren't doing anything, Getzlaf's line is by far the best so far. Helm was the best forward..that speaks for itself. Really lucky to be tied at 2 so far.

Go Wings!

Guest Shoreline
I actually somewhat like Pang as well, as for his height I just found this in his wiki page...

"Standing only 5-foot-5, Pang was one of the shortest players to play in the NHL. It was often joked that he was the only goalie with a "6 hole," right above his head.?

Yeah I was about to make a 6 hole joke but there's been a lot of that joke lately. :lol: Poor guy.

To Jedi, I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes McGuire (only with TSN, of course).. :lol:

An uninspired period of hockey by the Wings. Too many turnovers, first of all. And the disturbing trend of loose pucks in the slot always winding up on an Anaheim stick for a good scoring chance continues. Hossa needs to assert himself.

Guest Shoreline
TBH, I think you're making too big of a deal out of this. Sammy has been one of the premier LGW whipping boys since he's been in Detroit, and I've seen enough posts to last a lifetime. Looks like I misunderstood your post...can't you see why with how the mass of LGW likes to rip #37?

Oh I can see, that's why I was mocking them. :P