• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Wings lead in hits 15-9.. this soft European team can't even outhit their opponents! We need an enforcer.

I actually don't think the Wings have been too bad, obvious room for improvement and a great win for us going into the second tied, but aside from Getzlaf being an absolute monster out there, they're been relegated to weak outside shots for the most part. We're beating them in the transition game as sloppy as its been. and more then matching them physically I'm sure our depth will once again wear away at the ducks and soon we'll see the Wings maintain some constant offensive pressure. also, likely would have seen a few more PPs for us had the refs not swallowed their whistles.

First of all, what a pleasure it was to be relieved of Pierre McGuire. The broadcasts are so much more enjoyable without him.

However, the Wings play was not as enjoyable. They were sloppy and careless with the puck and the fact that we were beaten on face-offs after thoroughly dominating them in Game One shows that things just aren't in sync. Luckily, it's a tie game and we can hopefully improve the rest of the way. I'm getting a little agitated with Marian Hossa, who has decided to go missing for most of these playoffs. He came to Detroit to play in these types of games and we need him.

Darren Helm. Future superstar. He's so much fun to watch.

Hits can be misleading. Imagine if Kronwall and Stuart had each had 4 savagely huge hits in the first period, and the Ducks had 15 soft ones. Esp the way the NHL counts hits, I don't put much store into it. Though from watching, we are playing the body.

And I'm loving D-Helm.

C'mon... not this again. I'm sure they will focus on a Wings player during the second intermission. Take a breath. It'll all be ok.

I'm not upset. This is the first time I've watched nbc. It was just a question. Maybe you should take a breath.

Edited by blikst

I have the swedish announcers (very pro wings ofc hehe) but how are the NBC announcers? are they whining about the non-calls on detroit or something?

Finnish announcers don't know s**t about the NHL,but at least they're huge Filppula homers. :lol:

Now would be a good time for the big guns to start firing. GO WINGS!

What's scaring me is that Hossa, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are almost invisible offensively. That's what brought San Jose down, their big guys not being their "big" guys.

Our 3rd line has really been huge this playoffs. I realize our top 2 lines has shut-down duty on Getzlaf's line, but we need them to bring some more offense.

I have the swedish announcers (very pro wings ofc hehe) but how are the NBC announcers? are they whining about the non-calls on detroit or something?

Truth is, I'm guessing NBC/Bettman/Whoever's in charge of selling the game doesn't really like either team all that much. Detroit wins all the time and so they're "boring" and Anaheim, like it or not, is a pathetic hockey market. (Oh, if only hockey players can get orange-tanned fake breast implants and play with no clothes on.)

But since they have to pick one to sell the game, they will choose the team who has a style that employs the ways in which "typical North American intensity," as Babcock puts it, manifests itself because that style very much appeals to the audience here in the West as opposed to the game in Europe that has more of an emphasis on style and pretty passing. Hence, by default, Anaheim should get more promotion and the Wings will only show up in commercials in which they lose.

Do you have a Swedish internet feed? Mind if I ask for the link?