• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Blackhawks On Brink of Advancing

Rate this topic

I have a tough time buying into the idea that this matters, but I hope you're right.

Besides, he has a two-game winning streak on us at the moment. ;)

His lifetime record vs the Wings is 19-51-10. 5-16 in the playoffs.

Prior to said two-game winning streak he was on a 12 game losing streak. ;)

I think the Wings would have an easier time against Chicago than Vancouver, if for no other reason than the Chicago flight is like what, less than a quarter of the Vancouver flight? Having two back-to-back West Coast series would not be good for the Wings' playoff longevity. Ultimately I think Detroit would have an easier time against Chicago because of their playoff experience, which Chicago (mostly) lacks. That was made fairly evident with Columbus.

Between the travel, the veteran vs rookie idea and of course our selfish 7:30 start times, I want Chicago over Vancouver.

wings vs, hawks is what we will get!! plus we all know vancouver will fail. they were up 2 games now look! there down 1 and there going for a game 6 in chachigo! the sereis is over

As long as the Wings beat the Ducks, I couldn't care less who they face in the WCF (and SCF).

That said, I think we match up better against Chicago. And that would mean less travel and earlier games.

I have a tough time buying into the idea that this matters, but I hope you're right.

Besides, he has a two-game winning streak on us at the moment. ;)

Point made.

Counterpoint: 2 rather meaningless games at the end of a regular season that the Wings weren't very concerned about.

I was at a bar in Lincoln Park last night and from the drop of the puck, and every time the Hawks' scored, they started chanting "Detroit Sucks". This perplexed me because they were playing Vancouver and the Wings weren't even playing. If the Wings play Chicago, there's a good chance I'll get my ass kicked so I want Vancouver to win.

Point made.

Counterpoint: 2 rather meaningless games at the end of a regular season that the Wings weren't very concerned about.

The winky face was supposed to indicate that it was sort of tongue-in-cheek...

I didn't realize that the Wings' pwnage of Q was as thorough as that regular season record, TBH. Maybe there is something to it. I have a feeling we're going to find out.

As long as the Wings beat the Ducks, I couldn't care less who they face in the WCF (and SCF).

That said, I think we match up better against Chicago. And that would mean less travel and earlier games.

^^^^^^^^^^

IF we beat the Ducks I hope that the Hawks/Canucks series goes the whole 7 games. A few OTs wouldn't hurt either.

I forgot for a second that Scotty Bowman is a part of the Chicago organization now. Anybody think that'd be a big advantage for them in a DET-CHI series?

Nope.

In Chicago I'll bet Scotty is like that old-fart Uncle that shows up at all of the family get-togethers.

You know, the one that thinks he knows it all and everyone nods their heads and then completely ignore whatever he says.

Edited by MidMichSteve

A Detroit-Chicago conference final? A million times please.

I don't think I even care that much if the Hawks beat the Wings.

1) I don't think they can.

2) The Hawks played way beyond my expectations this year already, so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

On the other hand...Detroit can't just walk to the finals, can they?

A Wings-Hawks final would be a great series.

The Canuckleheads are like the Forrest Gump's box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get. SOmeitmes the confident, hard charging, hitters show up and the Sedin sisters, Kyle Wellfed, and Matts SUndin show just how talented they are. Other knights they look like they can't wait to get the hell outta the arena so they can go pout.

One thing is for certain; they sure get up for the Wings, and the Vancouver crowd gets pumped on every little play against the Wings.

For a lot of reasons, I'd rather see the Chicago, but all in all, I just wantthe WIngs to advance.

hey, can we just worry about getting past this round first please

We are still worried but we're more optimistic today. Hiller has been exposed and the injuries to the Ducks have us feeling bubbley.

Anyways, forums are for Why dids and What ifs. :)

Chicago seems to play a real Wings-style game, except with much less depth at forward and their d-men pinch in way more. Otherwise, they're all about timing point shots at the same time as the forwards crash for rebounds. It's worked for them on Luongo much better than I thought it would. Byfuglien is their Holmstrom.

I think the Wings can understand this system better than anyone

I lulz @ the pantywaists in here who moan about staying up for a 10:30 p.m. start. EDIT: Being at work tired the next morning is a badge of courage.

Edited by mjlegend

A Detroit-Chicago conference final? A million times please.

I don't think I even care that much if the Hawks beat the Wings.

1) I don't think they can.

2) The Hawks played way beyond my expectations this year already, so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

On the other hand...Detroit can't just walk to the finals, can they?

A Wings-Hawks final would be a great series.

A Wings vs. Hawks series would be so awesome. Hats off to Bowman for getting the team so far already.