• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Hand Shake Moment

Rate this topic

Hiller cried :beerbuddy:

I might be an ******* for laughing about it, but I don't care...I hate the Ducks. Good riddance.

I love seeing the Ducks cry. They play like dicks on the ice and whine like ******* when they lose... the mark of a champion... :rolleyes:

I guess people forget Ozzy crying after playoff losses? or that Chelios skipped the handshake in 07 because he couldn't keep his composure?

I hate a handful of the Ducks players (Perry is tops of that list by a wide margin), but when the game's over, it's hard for me to keep up most of the hate for them as a team. Hiller suffered a pretty heartbreaking loss in an exhausting 7 game series in his first stanley cup playoffs, I can't really fault the guy for being emotional.

ok, I have to admit though, seeing Perry that disappointed is pretty nice. :P

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YzmSFKuQ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YzmSFKuQ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YzmSFKuQ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had to admit, as much as I despise the Ducks, I did feel a little bad for Hiller. If it weren't for him, the Ducks would have been out in four. The man was a freakin' wall, and played an unbelievable series. He certainly has nothing to be ashamed about.

I can see where he'd be upset. After stunning play, the Ducks lose to - what at the time to Hiller at least - seemed like a bad call. I'm sure he still feels a litle bit that way, even after watching the tapes. That call could have gone either way - had the ref blew his whistle early like in game 3. Otherwise, it was most definitely a goal, but a hard one for Hiller to swallow.

i agree. If hiller wasn't there, you would have never faced the Ducks, you would have faced the Canucks in the second round. Hiller was the main reason the Shark didn't advance. Hiller was the Mvp for the ducks this series too. I just hope Scott N. retires.

Well good job on beating the ducks, I liked seeing Pronger, heck the whole team about to cry.

I guess people forget Ozzy crying after playoff losses? or that Chelios skipped the handshake in 07 because he couldn't keep his composure?

I hate a handful of the Ducks players (Perry is tops of that list by a wide margin), but when the game's over, it's hard for me to keep up most of the hate for them as a team. Hiller suffered a pretty heartbreaking loss in an exhausting 7 game series in his first stanley cup playoffs, I can't really fault the guy for being emotional.

I remember when Ozzie cried, it was when he lost to the San Jose Sharks.

Hiller has a great season and series. Ducks D were tough as tails too.

ok, I have to admit though, seeing Perry that disappointed is pretty nice. :P

We don't forget. We remember. Ozzie also cried after his Stanley Cup win. I cried my eyes out when they lost in 99' and I'm only a fan. Almost everyone cries when they lose, at one time or another and for that reason, if Hiller cries.. he cries. Boofriggidyhoo! I chuckled at him crying because I remember the times I watched my guys cry after a hard loss, and after taking that series, after everything Anaheim got away with, it felt good to see them suffer just a little bit. If that makes me a bad person, oh well.

Love your Goalie!

Edited by Rocket Queen 30

Props to Getzlaf for giving a small hug with the hand shakes.

I never had a problem with Getzlaf, he is one hell of a player and probably one of the reasons they made it this far in the playoffs. The guy gives it his all when he is out there and when he had the flu and wasnt playin well it showed within the whole team. So it really shows how much of an imapact he has on that team

We don't forget. We remember. Ozzie also cried after his Stanley Cup win. I cried my eyes out when the lost in 99' and I'm only a fan. Almost everyone cries when they lose, at one time or another and for that reason, if Hiller cries.. he cries. Boofriggidyhoo! I chuckled at him crying because I remember the times I watched my guys cry after a hard loss, and after taking that series, after everything Anaheim got away with, it felt good to see them suffer just a little bit. If that makes me a bad person, oh well.

Love your Goalie!

Never cried when we lost, only cried when #19 retired.

I was looking for the Salani,- Fillipula hand shake to see if he had any wise words for Fil as he moves ahead to the next round.

He did give him a little pat on the chest after the handshake

I disagree. The wings made him look at lot better than he is. Osgood was more impressive than Hiller. Talking quality, not quantity.

I kinda have to agree with this.. Hiller was good, but the Wings made him look great. Shots on goal isn't equivalent to actual scoring chances and plenty of the shots the Wings took weren't gonna go in. It really doesn't matter though... It's over and they're done. Woot!

Love your Goalie!

Props to Getzlaf for giving a small hug with the hand shakes.

you know, I noticed this too, and I second your opinion.

It is one of the unique, endearing qualities of hockey, where you can beat the snot out of another team team, and in the end, say "hey man, good series"...

Hiller wins 2 oscars that night. 1) for the best acting on that Hudler collision and 2) for best crying during the handshake.

God i love to see a might dick cry!

I don't begrudge any of them for crying or being on the verge of tears. To come that close and lose? That sucks. I can understand that. Just like I understand that I would have been ugly crying if we had lost. And then brutally beating up my couch.

I'm not going to lie though. Knowing we won and they lost and seeing their faces and knowing how this series went, I take a horrible, vicious, dark-side-of-the-force glee watching them be all sad about it.

Edited by EuroTwin

It is one of the unique, endearing qualities of hockey, where you can beat the snot out of another team team, and in the end, say "hey man, good series"...

Not really that unique. It happens in many other sports, just not as formally.

I was wondering if anyone had a video or a picture of the Ducks faces. Did you guys see Hiller he was about to cry. Pricless ... if anyone has any pictures of Hiller's face or any other Ducks face please post them. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Osgood cried like a baby when he lost to San Jose in 94. Just sayin'.

We certainly shouldn't be laughing at him for tearing up after the loss. He had every right to. I feel absolutely horrible for him.

Welllll........I dunno if I'd go that far :lol: But I don't begrudge him his emotions. Tough series to lose. Better them than us, though.

I loved the fact that Pronger wouldn't look at Nick Lidstrom. :lol: That's his loss, I say.

Photo from another thread of Pronger and Lidstrom

Final0514.jpg

I hope I don't step on any toes by bringing this over, but thought this was a great photo.

That being said, I have always felt bad for the losing teams. I hate when the camera pans over all of the sad expressions - I've cried before when losing games, it's only human.

I'm definitely not a fan of dirty players, but it's still a disheartening moment when you've played so hard and don't get the opportunity to move on.

The Ducks/Red Wings series was fantastic to watch! I can't wait to watch the guys take on Chicago.

Osgood cried like a baby when he lost to San Jose in 94. Just sayin'.

He basically was a baby back in '94... umm I think that was his 1st year in the league, no?... Just sayin'.

Love your Goalie