• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 1 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Amazingly, I've been really calm and not at all worked up about this series. Crazy nervous before the Anaheim series, but not this one.

Ditto. I got a bit frustrated when Bulin was making some stops and the Wings were blowing some chances, though. Felt like deja vu from the Ducks series, especially with the Hawks getting a flukey opening tally and a gift power play try that they naturally converted (always on the garbage calls so I can get my rage on, I guess).

But after 10 minutes it was no contest. Ozzie was a beast and the Wings didn't give the Hawk's big guns any life. I enjoyed watching more up and down hockey after the boring grindfest of the semis.

Give some credit to Kane too, after all, he lead all players in SOG tonight. ;)

Played some stellar defense, too :D

Ditto. I got a bit frustrated when Bulin was making some stops and the Wings were blowing some chances, though.

I was a little annoyed at that. I was thinking, dammit Khabi, you're supposed to be an overrated bum. Stop acting like a good goalie. But then he let in the Sammy goal and all was right with the world. I think most goalies would have snagged that one.

Ditto. I got a bit frustrated when Bulin was making some stops and the Wings were blowing some chances, though. Felt like deja vu from the Ducks series, especially with the Hawks getting a flukey opening tally and a gift power play try that they naturally converted (always on the garbage calls so I can get my rage on, I guess).

Well, Osgood got caught day-dreaming on that 1at goal. He should be paying more attention. He has let a few of those in this post season.

"We pretty much gave them the game," Versteeg said. "We came out strong and we came out hard. The momentum was in our favor and then we had a couple of lapses here and there and too many turnovers.

"That's why they're the most dangerous team in the league. When you give a great team that many chances, they're going to put it in the back of your net."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hocke...0,3412719.story

Gave them the game? That's kind of insulting.

"We pretty much gave them the game," Versteeg said. "We came out strong and we came out hard. The momentum was in our favor and then we had a couple of lapses here and there and too many turnovers.

"That's why they're the most dangerous team in the league. When you give a great team that many chances, they're going to put it in the back of your net."

I loved this comment in the posts about the column:

"I could hear "Sweet Georgia Brown" playing in the background when the Wings had the puck in the Hawk zone.. "

great game today fellas, helluva way to open the series. lets take the next in detroit and go from there. keep up the defense! i absolutely love that kane had zero shots, that speaks volumes in my opinion. good job to: danny, Z, pasha, franzen, lids, ozzy. keep it up guys!

Guest Four

From what I saw of the game (I watched it on and off after being driven around to three different houses) he played great compared to Chicago.

I truly believe this could be a 4-0, or 5-1 series for us.

I more or less agree with Versteeg. If you think that was the best Chicago has to offer, you're kidding yourself.

Sometimes the truth hurts. The players know it better than us fans too.

But don't be thinking the Wings won't play better in game 2. They came out flat and tired likely due to the series with the Ducks. They'll recover I'm sure.

From what I saw of the game (I watched it on and off after being driven around to three different houses) he played great compared to Chicago.

I truly believe this could be a 4-0, or 5-1 series for us.

5-1 series?

I more or less agree with Versteeg. If you think that was the best Chicago has to offer, you're kidding yourself.

I agree, but you could say the same for the Wings.

The thing is that Chicago has to play a perfect game to even have a CHANCE to win. Not saying they can't do that, but I have a hard time seeing them pull off 4 perfect games.