• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 2 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

You sure you want to playground taunt here? You didn't outplay us. If you did, you'd be up 2-0, not us. And don't bother retorting to this with "you cheat" or "the refs are in your favor" or any other claptrap.

hey man, you don't have to listen to me, the hockey networks and shows are all saying the same thing, and don't give me the aliens conspiracy to give Sid a cup before 2012 crap either, or the media loving the pens. I am just telling it like it is.

Breaks and bounces have been very kind to the wings. Congrats on your lead. Don't get arrogant, it will leave a nasty gash on your ass.

hey man, you don't have to listen to me, the hockey networks and shows are all saying the same thing, and don't give me the aliens conspiracy to give Sid a cup before 2012 crap either, or the media loving the pens. I am just telling it like it is.

Breaks and bounces have been very kind to the wings. Congrats on your lead. Don't get arrogant, it will leave a nasty gash on your ass.

One, I'm not a man. Two, I don't believe in conspiracy theories of any nature and have been instructing other people to quit relying on them as excuses for whatever may befall us. Three, I'm not arrogant. If you've bothered actually reading threads other than GDTs where you whip your dick out and start pissing on everything, you'd know I've been TELLING people not to get cocky, that it's not over until Nick has the Cup in his hands. Four, you still didn't answer my question. How on Earth are we being outplayed but up 2-0?

I don't think you have an answer for that.

You should know about that.

Pens fans have had a nasty gash on their ass ever since the Finals last year.

It intensified when Hossa signed with us, and has gotten even deeper now that you're down 2-0.

During all that time, however, your fans have managed to stay rather arrogant, despite not accomplishing anything against us.

I'm guessing he reviewed the score and said s*** they are toast without him.

Much as I don't like it and don't agree, I'm guessing they rescinded it because Malkin's not a goon. And if that's why they created that rule in the first place (and I had heard that too) then whether we like it or not, there is precedence and rationale for what they decided.

How can you outplay a team and lose? I don't get that.

Wondering that myself. Not only losing, but getting outscored 6-2. Okay, so the two bounces in the first game were lucky. I believe you make your own luck. Put the puck to the net and see what happens. How do you explain the other 4 goals. Poor goaltending and defense? Or luck? The Wings made the best of their chances. Your team lost, whether they were outplayed, dominate, or whatever. I will take my arrogant ass (which I'm actually not, the pens still have a chance here), and smirk as my team leads the series 2-0.

The bolded part is true though, look at Versus showing the pens winning game 5 in ot instead of showing the wings winning the cup.

Edited by redwings4life

Much as I don't like it and don't agree, I'm guessing they rescinded it because Malkin's not a goon. And if that's why they created that rule in the first place (and I had heard that too) then whether we like it or not, there is precedence and rationale for what they decided.

That's what they were saying on the NHL network. The rule is supposedly to keep coaches from sending out their goons in the last 5 minutes to head-hunt. If there are no prior incidents, or if the player in question doesn't have a history of fighting or instigating, the penalty won't be enforced.

The bolded part is true though, look at Versus showing the pens winning game 5 in ot instead of showing the wings winning the cup.

Orrr.. Sad that my sister took the time to do this, but she did a crosby count in the first period, taking notes of the times his name was mentioned. The total: 34 times!!! Thats like once every 57 seconds.

Funny how this guy won't admit that his team turned pucks over on those so called "lucky bounces", and their goalie gave up soft goals no less.

He should instead be blaming his star players for their laziness and his goalie for not being very good in the Finals yet again. Pens fans just aren't very smart and have misplaced thoughts as to why they're losing.

Blame it on your team, not on bad luck.

hey man, you don't have to listen to me, the hockey networks and shows are all saying the same thing

Because the hockey networks have no interest whatsoever in retaining viewership by playing up the team that's down in the series. None at all...

Agree with the previous post about the SOG...we spent basically the whole 3rd period of both games chipping it in deep and backing up to protect the lead.

As an aside: No way should Malkin be suspended for that. Yeah, it's in the rulebook, but damn... like one previous poster said: If Walker ain't getting suspended, Malkin sure as hell isn't.

An aside Part II: Yes, the series is still young, but doesn't it seem so far that Getzlaf and Perry struck more fear into you offensively than Crosby and Malkin? Maybe it was because they played on the same line, but I think a big part of that feeling -- at least for me -- is that they physically brought it virtually every shift and would grind down the Wings in the offensive zone... None of that from the Pittsurgh duo.

Again, they don't have forwards who play both ways or at least play very well on defense. They really just don't.

That's what they were saying on the NHL network. The rule is supposedly to keep coaches from sending out their goons in the last 5 minutes to head-hunt. If there are no prior incidents, or if the player in question doesn't have a history of fighting or instigating, the penalty won't be enforced.

It's a pisser, but there you are. <_<

Pens fans have had a nasty gash on their ass ever since the Finals last year.

It intensified when Hossa signed with us, and has gotten even deeper now that you're down 2-0.

You're mistaking a gash for being puckered. It happens.

dude you watched the game didn't you? The wings are lucky to be leading, they could be down 2.

Dude, yes I watched the game. The Pens can't keep up with the Wings depth.

Now to add to my comment about the West being miles ahead of the East. Since 1995-96, the Eastern Conference has only won 4 Stanley Cups (2000, 2003, 2004, and 2006). 3 of those Cup wins, the Eastern Conference had to go to a full 7 games to beat the West. And those 3 teams in the West were 7th (Anaheim in 2003), 6th (Calgary in 2004), and 8th (Edmonton in 2006) seeded teams.

Again I say, the West is miles ahead of the East, and has been for 13 seasons. This is very similar to the situation in the NFL in 80's to mid 90's when the NFC dominated the Superbowl over the AFC.

An aside Part II: Yes, the series is still young, but doesn't it seem so far that Getzlaf and Perry struck more fear into you offensively than Crosby and Malkin? Maybe it was because they played on the same line, but I think a big part of that feeling -- at least for me -- is that they physically brought it virtually every shift and would grind down the Wings in the offensive zone... None of that from the Pittsburgh duo.

Agreed, Getzlaf scared the hell out of me every time he was on the ice and heading into the offensive zone. Crosby and Malkin? Not so much. Especially when Zata's shadowing. The physical presence isn't there.

"I would rather be lucky that good"

remember where your posting and show some respect.

I have an Yzerman jersey, I am not here to call names, although I think Dats value goes down in the playoffs, he is good defensively, but lady byng winners sometimes fold when the going gets tough and he has a history, no shootouts in the playoffs either.

I think the 5 unit shadow on Sid has been a good strategy for the wings and it is clear that babs put together a nice game plan, but at the same time they are fortunate they haven't been scored against. The next 2 games Sid will get away from them more. But on the other hand Sid drawing Zets, Lids and Franzen, takes away the wings offense too. I'll take a draw there. But Billy G and Sid are eventually going to start hitting the back of the net instead of the post. Zets is going to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar if he keeps covering the puck in the crease.

Geno is a key for us, he has to carry the play against Hossa's line. Although Geno has scored he is a minus. We need him to be better defensively. If it was up to me I would have brought Sykora back into the line up instead of Dupuis and put him on the 2nd line tonight for more offense. I think we should have stacked the 2nd line if the wings best players go against Sid's line.

Staal's line has had good pressure against the wings 3rd line, no goals though. Watching Helm skate against Gill is like watching a corvette race against an old tractor.

That applicator/alligator kid has a couple weird knuckle ball goals. He must be on cloud nine. One thing that kid and helm have in common is that they are both young and up and coming red wings, and they are the same age as geno and a year older than Sid. That is why Sid and Geno are not overrated.

The games could have easily went the other way. One or both, the wings have both, congrats, but count your blessings and don't say that the other team sucks when you are getting the bounces. The hockey gods have a weird way of evening things up.

cheers, good luck in game 3 (no pun intended)

Signed, the rest of the hockey world.

Edited by psmitty

My take on the game is pretty much like yesterdays. Pretty even. Wings out played the Pens the first ten mins and were outplayed the last 10 mins in both the 1st and 2nd periods. 3rd period, Wings went into defensive mode. Many fans confuse this with their team dominating the play because they are shooting more. But it's the Wings being the Wings...get the lead, then protect it in the 3rd. For the record, I HATE IT when they do that. I has come around and bit in the butt on a few occasions...

For me, The MVP is Ozzie once again. Sure, he was lucky on a few shots but you know what? He's been rock solid this play-off run, and he 100% deserved for lady luck to be on his side. IMO he's been one of, if not, the most hard working player on the team atm...Helm sure is working his ass off, though. Ozzie stole game 1 in my opinion and was pretty shakey. He looked to be much better today. Rebound control was in check, positioning was 99% spot on. Sure he got lucky on a few well placed rockets, but that's not his fault. He cannot do this on his own, although he's been doing just that so far this series. Our D needs to step it up and minimize the quality scoring chances. 1.4 million cap hit? Best goalie in the league imo when you take money VS performance into account. I know people are gonna tear me to shreds for that statement, but we are still here, in the play-offs, because of that 1.4 million a year goaltender.

Anyhoo, the series is pretty even so far. Pens fans needs to understand that tic tac passes and pretty plays are NOT how you win championships. It's the ugly, LUCKY bounces that get the job done. Oh, by the way, in order to be lucky you have to be good. You have to be good to create your own luck. End of story. Look at how the cups are won in the last 10 years. 95% of the time is from dirty gritty goals. Driving the paint, crashing the net, whacking at the goaltenders pads; you name it! At the end of the day, the Wings capitalized on their "luck" more often than not, and IMO, that's been the diffrence in the series. That and Osgoods stellar play.

Edited by Dynheart

Series isn't over yet, bud. Just letting you know. Some of you are very, very arrogant. Oh well, this series is far, FAR from over.

What are you trying to say? "Some of you are very, very arrogant also."

The series isn't over, we understand, but it's looking better by the minute for us ;-)

Need some help, please add your sujest..

27 Craig Adams -- ADI

24 Matt Cooke ---- Coocky

87 Sidney Crosby "C" ----- Sicy

9 Pascal Dupuis ---- Dup

26 Ruslan Fedotenko --- Fedea

13 Bill Guerin --- Nikaragua boy

48 Tyler Kennedy Rat 1

14 Chris Kunitz -- Rat 2

71 Evgeni Malkin "A" --- Vagino or Retard

81 Miroslav Satan --- Satan or 666

11 Jordan Staal --- the OK guy

25 Maxime Talbot -- Tailbout