• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 2 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Hi penguins fans, please remember you are in the Eastern conference.

So... What's your point?

J/K, I understand what you're getting at. Some pens fans may not and so they'd probably give you that response.

Edited by titanium2

Here's the Malkin meltdown from front to back. Note how he clubs Zetterberg with is stick TWICE and then punches the official in the back trying to hit Zetterberg after Z bashes his face three straight times. Face facts, if say, Kirk Maltby had done this, he WOULD be serving the AUTOMATIC suspension but in BettmanWorld®, the name on the back of your sweater (and in this case the team logo on the front) matter more than the crime

And by the way, is Malkin's sweater tied down? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Jersey Wing

Here's the Malkin meltdown from front to back. Note how he clubs Zetterberg with is stick TWICE and then punches the official in the back trying to hit Zetterberg after Z bashes his face three straight times. Face facts, if say, Kirk Maltby had done this, he WOULD be serving the AUTOMATIC suspension but in BettmanWorld®, the name on the back of your sweater (and in this case the team logo on the front) matter more than the crime

And by the way, is Malkin's sweater tied down? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good lord, I don't think I realized how vicious and flaily that fight started. Malkin didn't seem to care about who or what he was hitting in the beginning there, just sort of flailing around with his stick hoping to hit someone.

I still don't see your counter point to this THE RULE is THE RULE.... It should not be different because it wasnt Sean Avery...... The RULE was broken no matter why it was put there....

Semantics. The intent of the rule is obvious in how it's been applied since its inception. Malkin not getting suspended isn't the least bit surprising, and it's got nothing to do with league conspiracies or Bettman loving the Pens.

EDIT: Here you go, Third Man In took care of this:

"The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Hi penguins fans, please remember you are in the Eastern conference.

Right, with all the 1984 Oilers and 2009 Penguins talk going in, I was thinking this is more like 1992 and 1993 Superbowls when the Dallas Cowboys played the Buffalo Bills. Different sport, but you probably get my comparison. Still two more wins to go, but the Western Conference is miles ahead of the Eastern Conference right now, just like the NFC vs. the AFC in the late 80's to mid 90's.

Semantics. The intent of the rule is obvious in how it's been applied since its inception. Malkin not getting suspended isn't the least bit surprising, and it's got nothing to do with league conspiracies or Bettman loving the Pens.

EDIT: Here you go, Third Man In took care of this:

"The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

I'm guessing he reviewed the score and said s*** they are toast without him.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life

Right, with all the 1984 Oilers and 2009 Penguins talk going in, I was thinking this is more like 1992 and 1993 Superbowls when the Dallas Cowboys played the Buffalo Bills. Different sport, but you probably get my comparison. Still two more wins to go, but the Western Conference is miles ahead of the Eastern Conference right now, just like the NFC vs. the AFC in the late 80's to mid 90's.

dude you watched the game didn't you? The wings are lucky to be leading, they could be down 2.

dude you watched the game didn't you? The wings are lucky to be leading, they could be down 2.

The Pens are lucky Malkin won't be suspended.

Stop complaining about s***. Your team just can't handle the Wings style like you can other teams.

Also, you can't beat us despite Datsyuk not playing.

And it's not our fault your goalie gives up soft goals and your star players disapper in the SCF.

Stop making excuses for your overrated team.

Just take comfort in knowing that you never had a chance.

Don't bother arguing with this troll, he is like all the others doesn't listen to logic and spouts random nonsense just ignore him

The Pens are lucky Malkin won't be suspended.

Stop complaining about s***. Your team just can't handle the Wings style like you can other teams.

Also, you can't beat us despite Datsyuk not playing.

And it's not our fault your goalie gives up soft goals and your star players disapper in the SCF.

Stop making excuses for your overrated team.

Just take comfort in knowing that you never had a chance.

What He Said :thumbup:

You're kidding, right? If you need to hold onto that thought to make yourself feel better about having to win four of the next five games, then so be it.

I'll take my "lucky" 2-0 series lead w/o Datsyuk and on back-to-back nights when the old/injured/tired/etc. Wings were supposed to be at a disadvantage.

Amusing.

What breaks?

We're playing without Datsyuk?

If your team didn't suck, you'd take advantage of that break.

My team sucks? well they just outplayed the defending champs twice at home. You can't deny that. lol, Dats has one goal in 13 games. I thought he overcame his disappearing act in the playoffs last year, but he was at it again this year before he got hurt. he is soft.

thats just the thing, Playoff hockey is won with lucky bounces and timely depth scoring. Detroit has won like this before i.e. McCarty in '97. Depending on Malkin and Crosby to carry the entire team is the Penguins downfall just like LeBron with the Cavaliers this year. Champions are won with a total team effort. Will, determination, and timely scoring is what separates Champions from Penguins.

I like how Babs said that the Wings haven't played the way they're capable of playing because of the jammed pack schedule. They got a day off tomorrow to get their legs back and hopefully they'll go into game 3 fresh.

My team sucks? well they just outplayed the defending champs twice at home. You can't deny that. lol, Dats has one goal in 13 games. I thought he overcame his disappearing act in the playoffs last year, but he was at it again this year before he got hurt. he is soft.

Yep, your team tried their hardest and still lost.

And if you really believe all that stuff you just said about Pavel... then I just pity you.

Outplayed? :lol:

The Penguins try to throw everything on net trailing by two goals to *then* get a shot advantage and we're outplayed?

If you want to talk soft then I'd consider those Charmin-soft goals given up by Fluery out there. Beauty, eh?

Got a bruised up forehead from the facepalming through two games?

LOL Outplayed. Outscoring your team 6-2 isn't being outplayed.

You're kidding, right? If you need to hold onto that thought to make yourself feel better about having to win four of the next five games, then so be it.

I'll take my "lucky" 2-0 series lead w/o Datsyuk and on back-to-back nights when the old/injured/tired/etc. Wings were supposed to be at a disadvantage.

Amusing.

I bet you will take your lucky 2-0 series lead. Good luck in game 3, but you don't really need me wishing you good luck, you have s***loads of it, lol

There have been momentum shifts in each game. 10 minutes where PIT controlled the play and then 10 minutes where DET controlled the play. In that sense it's just not fair to say one team significantly outplayed the other.