• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 2 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

The Malkin thing was fine, the rule is designed to prevent coach's from putting their goons out at the end of a game when it's out of hand to rough up the other team's players. Malkin is just frustrated that he's in the same old hole he was last year, that he can't make anything happen out there with the Wings blanketing him.

This was a tight game, though. Pens hit two posts and there was all kinds of scrambly plays at the Detroit net. At the end of the day, the Wings buried their chances and Ozzie and Hank came up huge for the Wings. In close, defensive games, that's the difference.

Suspending him would be the stupid call.

Suspending him would be following the rules. If you get an instigator in the last 5 minutes of the game, that carries an automatic 1-game suspension. That's the rule as outlined by the NHL. Not suspending him would be bending the rules.

Malkin f***ed up, got an instigator.....he should have to pay for that. Sorry.

My definition of the Pens in trouble is the Pens down 3-1 or 3-0 in the series.

Obviously your definition is a lot more lenient. :D

Let's face it. In spite of your smiley faces and your "ha ha's", you really do like to argue and/or disagree more than just discuss. I think you're what I'd call a contrarian. But I'm not sure because I haven't looked it up lately. Of course it's OK if you want to go that route, but I find it hard to take you seriously.

Everyone's asking what did malkin do wrong? Clearly he took a run at zetterburg AFTER the whistle, and before even fighting he began smacking him with his stick, then proceeding to drop the gloves or at least try, before zetty gave him three chops to the mouth.. oh then he brutally attacked a referree, suspension worthy? YES I THINK SO.

ps verbally malkin was just saying (STOP OWNING ME DETROIT)

I just watched it again. It was quite a tantrum and Malkin dangerously swung his stick at first, but I didn't see him attacking the referee. Where did you see that?

We're not Washington and we're not Philly.

Pens fans have had trouble understanding that the last few years.

What is your point? I'm saying that NO series is over til the 4th game is won.

We're not Washington and we're not Philly.

Pens fans have had trouble understanding that the last few years.

It's hard to understand where this combativeness comes from. Is it just because they sucked for so long, got some great draft picks and think their team is the best thing in the world?

The Malkin thing was fine, the rule is designed to prevent coach's from putting their goons out at the end of a game when it's out of hand to rough up the other team's players. Malkin is just frustrated that he's in the same old hole he was last year, that he can't make anything happen out there with the Wings blanketing him.

This was a tight game, though. Pens hit two posts and there was all kinds of scrambly plays at the Detroit net. At the end of the day, the Wings buried their chances and Ozzie and Hank came up huge for the Wings. In close, defensive games, that's the difference.

So player A you thinks a goon so he gets the suspension but, player B who you thinks an allstar does the same thing but, it becomes ok to break the rule and then not follow the league process of an Automatic suspension. Makes alot of sense to me I guess...

If you are going to make something an Automatic suspension follow it every time or switch the rulebook to say suspension at leagues discretion. simple enough

The fact that the Wings are up 2-0 without Pavel freaking Datsyuk is just incredible to me.

Almost feels surreal.

I agree it's unbeliveable how much depth this team has. They manage to win without one of the biggest stars in the league. I love it.

DETROIT (AP)—A frustrated Sidney Crosby(notes) took a whack at Kirk Maltby’s(notes) skate as Game 1 ended, tired of what he called the nonstop chirping by the Red Wings forward. So far, it might be Crosby’s best shot of the Stanley Cup finals.

HAHAHA

I just watched it again. It was quite a tantrum and Malkin dangerously swung his stick at first, but I didn't see him attacking the referee. Where did you see that?

I wouldn't call it attacking the ref, but Malky def got some shots into the zebra while trying to hit Hank.

yep, 2 big saves in the crease by zetterberg, but hey if you can get away with it why not. That is a rule that should be enforced along with Hossa's hook and then slash that lead to the 2nd goal. The breaks are going to go the other way soon guys, don't get cocky. It will come back to bite you in the ass.

Thats what Washington said too.

Please don't compare the Wings with the Caps. If you haven't seen it in Game 1 and 2, we actually have a defense and more than 1 player that can score.

The series isn't over, but if anything you should expect the Wings to improve from here on out. They're getting healthier by the minute.

The TV network, Bob McKenzie just reported it on the panel...also said he didn't think Hossa should've gotten a penalty on the Filpulla goal, like many people he should have.

Yea that wasn't a penalty.

I still don't see your counter point to this THE RULE is THE RULE.... It should not be different because it wasnt Sean Avery...... The RULE was broken no matter why it was put there....

yep, 2 big saves in the crease by zetterberg, but hey if you can get away with it why not. That is a rule that should be enforced along with Hossa's hook and then slash that lead to the 2nd goal. The breaks are going to go the other way soon guys, don't get cocky. It will come back to bite you in the ass.

What breaks?

We're playing without Datsyuk?

If your team didn't suck, you'd take advantage of that break.

DETROIT (AP)—A frustrated Sidney Crosby(notes) took a whack at Kirk Maltby’s(notes) skate as Game 1 ended, tired of what he called the nonstop chirping by the Red Wings forward. So far, it might be Crosby’s best shot of the Stanley Cup finals.

HAHAHA

:lol: That's classic!