• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Pang just brought up the shut out for Fleury.

MaGuire just said the Pens are going to come out and play "the best hockey of the year" in the next period.

Anyone else feel like those two comments were huge jinxes? I'll hang my hat on that for now.

I can't believe Game 7 is going to be decided by Talbot. Not Zetterberg, not Datsyuk, not Franzen, not even Crosby or Malkin but Max ******* Talbot.

Pathetic :angry:

After the first 8 minutes of great play from the wings, they look like they gave up. Sure hope they can force OT in the 3rd. Would someone please make a play! This team should not be out of gas, so figure it out.

I'm afraid it looks like Pierre might be right, the hockey gods don't look like they are with the Winged wheel tonight.

The problem is not a lack of effort (though some of the team look dead on their feet). The problem is that the non calling of interference really suits the otherwise static pens defensive pair, the wings have a number of players whose games have just collapsed in the last 3 weeks, not to mention the walking wounded, but most of all Bylsma is clearly a 100 times smarter that that prick therrien, and deserves a huge amount of credit, both in terms of man management, and tactics. The Wings are normally good enough to just play their game, but the pens tactics have improved immeasurably even during this series, exposing the weaknesses in our team.

The pens 3rd line has been very effective against us all series, and we've had no answer to staal, kennedy and talbot all series, and the strength of that forecheck has exposed the puck handling of stuart and the 3rd line. Huds has been exposed as we all expected as great in an open game or on PP but his size is counting against him badly. Our rookies in the last 4 games have been shown up, and malts is showing that he is basically past it.

We can still turn it around if we get an early goal and go back to our game which has collectively deserted us over the last 2 games. But unless Hossa is shown to have an injury his contract looks unlikely....

20 minutes to go....need to be flat out for all 20.....and a little bit of luck would be nice, cos that has been absent tonight too...

The sad thing is is that if the Penguins do win, Crosby will get all of the credit even though he has done very little this series!! The media will make it sound as though Crosby carried the team on his back all the way to the Stanley Cup!!

The only good thing I take from the 2nd period: the Wings played the last 5 minutes almost like they normally play the last 5 minutes of the 3rd when they're down.

If they keep up that desperation from the start of the 3rd, this MIGHT not be over. But scoring just one goal seems like a monumental task, let alone 2.

Don't want to be pessimistic but I don't see us winning this. For some reason I feel less depressed about this than I thought I would. I guess it might be the fact that the Pens have outplayed us in this game. They deserve the win more than us right now. Shame.

Not that I don't have faith, but if the pens win this year, who cares who won last year?

Seriously nobody even gives a s*** about your comment here. This year it's only obvious the NHL and officiating have already cost the wings multiple games, DEFINATELY in this series, and they continue to get away with murder today.

Yes the wings are playing terrible, yes Stuart is a loser, and yes talbot is a NOBODY. Doesn't take much to score when your turning pucks over in your own zone!!!

At least last years win proved to me that we didn't need the help of the zebras. Pittsburgh on the other hand if they DO win, they are getting 0 respect from me. You can quote me on that.

what pisses me off is we're not losing from being absolutely dominated. Its the stupid turnovers. Are any detroit forwards going to learn to properly cover for a dman who's pinching?

Last game it was filpula, this game its hudler.

ONE guy is costing us the cup and if we lose, its completely on him. Yes, it doesn't help that we're generating NO offense either, but if it wasn't for Stuart, both goals and PP would never had happened.

NOW MORE THEN EVER

LET'S GO RED WINGS

or...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I am feeling really dead right now. I will wear my Lidstrom's jersey and watch the 3rd period in my room alone on computer. The hope the Wings can win this game is the crowd cheering up and the Wings show the play throughout the third period as they did at the end of the 2nd period with SCORING GOALS. If not, I will be ******* pissed off and cry

Edited by FedorovMan91

Pang just brought up the shut out for Fleury.

MaGuire just said the Pens are going to come out and play "the best hockey of the year" in the next period.

Anyone else feel like those two comments were huge jinxes? I'll hang my hat on that for now.

Anything slighty jinxy works for us right now!

Actually I love the Wings, and well I get sick of bad calls by the league. I would like to see consistency in the calls, but I don't think the NHL is truly honest. So, without the honesy play from the league, I cannot continue to be a fan of this league. I love the Wings, but until Gary Bettman is gone.... so am I, Good luck Wings. See you again when Bettman is gone. Fan Since 1975.... no bandwagoner here.

Go Wings.

Seriously nobody even gives a s*** about your comment here. This year it's only obvious the NHL and officiating have already cost the wings multiple games, DEFINATELY in this series, and they continue to get away with murder today.

Yes the wings are playing terrible, yes Stuart is a loser, and yes talbot is a NOBODY. Doesn't take much to score when your turning pucks over in your own zone!!!

At least last years win proved to me that we didn't need the help of the zebras. Pittsburgh on the other hand if they DO win, they are getting 0 respect from me. You can quote me on that.

:lol:

Don't blame this s*** on the refs. The Wings have had game 7 at home and they ******* came out like a bunch of scared teenagers.