• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

I really hope Hossa stays and I feel really bad he has to go through this again. He is a great guy who was humble all year playing for the wings and I know he will win a cup with the wings very soon if he stays. Stay strong Marian.

What the title says:

Marian Hossa comes to Detroit to win the Stanley Cup

What the title does NOT say:

Marian Hossa comes to Detroit to win the Stanley Cup the very first year, guaranteed.

I really hope Hossa stays and I feel really bad he has to go through this again. He is a great guy who was humble all year playing for the wings and I know he will win a cup with the wings very soon if he stays. Stay strong Marian.

I think Hossa will stay for an even bigger discount now. After coming up short, I think they will all be more driven to win the cup next year. Red Wings didn't even play like they wanted the cup this year and they still made it to game 7 of the SCFs. If Wings actually wanted it (and worked for it), they would have it again right now.

Then Hossa would be heading off to a non-contender team (Pittsburgh / Oilers) for a big pay day.

Yes I said Pittsburgh, I doubt Pittsburgh will do anything again for a long time (if they don't go bankrupt first)

I can't believe how much hate is going on in this thread over something we should all feel unanimous about.

Hossa should be GONE!!!!!!

We don't need him. We can win the Cup without him just fine as we've proven in the past. All he'll do is just screw up our cap space some more. I don't want Helm and Ericsson to be in the minors all year again because some hack like Hossa is being overpaid to suck in the playoffs.

The only thing Marian Hossa would like to change is the final result of Game 7.

After watching his former teammates celebrate with the Stanley Cup on Friday night, Hossa wasn't feeling any regret about his decision to sign with the Detroit Red Wings last summer. He bolted Pittsburgh to win a championship in Motown but is going to have to wait at least one more year to achieve that goal.

"Regret? I don't regret it," Hossa said after a 2-1 loss to the Penguins in Game 7. "It could be different circumstances if I sign in Pittsburgh, they probably couldn't sign some other players and they'd be a different team.

"We could sit here for hours discussing this, but it would be a different team and it could be different things."

Link to the rest of the article.

You must have me confused with one of your butt buddies. None of these words were ever posted by me.

Kindly re-read the post. And TRY to pay attention. I'll respond to each of the comments you've highlighted:

I never stated that you, in particular, "gave up on him".

I never stated that you, in particular, called him a "piece of s***" or a "worthless human being".

What I DID state was that it was THOSE fans stated these things, (and there were MANY OF THEM) who were the ones "throw(ing) s*** against the wall", rather than those of us who KNEW BETTER, while YOU claim, in your previous post to Shoreline, that HIS belief in Osgood was "throwing s*** against the wall".

The other comment?

I never stated that you, in particular, ever posted that Osgood would be " SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round".

What I STATED is that you, and many others, were nasty, snide, condescending, and rude to anyone who didn't agree with those who DID believe that.

So, not only are you DEAD WRONG, not only do you have NO CONCEPT of the capabilities of your own goaltender....

But your reading comprehension sucks, too.

Pay attention next time.

Of course Hossa has "no regrets".

He managed to get through the Post Season healthy, completely unscathed, while the majority of his Teammates were trying to play, and WIN, with moderate to severe injuries.

He's got that $7.4M paycheck to comfort him.

And he fared no worse than he did last year, when he watched the opposing Team skate the Cup on ice he had NO VESTED INTEREST IN, while his Teammates have bled for years defending it.

Why does everyone think this was all Hossa's fault? Last year when he played with the Pens he was scoring a lot because there were only two other guys that were capable of scoring, Malkin and Crosby. I can't believe how some of you act sometimes. We lost the Cup this year, it was tough, but we had lots of injuries. One player can't carry the whole team. Hossa has bailed our ass out a lot of times in the regular season, which led us to another 50 win season and ultimately putting us in the playoff picture once again. Hossa is going to get his Stanley Cup if he stays with the Red Wings because I'm almost positive that the Penguins are not repeating next year, they'll get the Stanley Cup hangover this time and taken out in the playoffs.

We have a good team and Hossa is the guy to wear the Winged Wheel. Our team is only going to get better from this loss and I expect some coaching changes over the summer (Hopefully we get rid of Brad McCrimmon).

I don't think any less of Hossa. Maybe it's just me, though. He said in his interview that the pressure of playing Pittsburgh got to him. I really don't feel his intention was to ride his way to a Cup without putting in any effort. In fact, in games 1 and 2, I could've sworn I saw fire in his eyes when he was out on that ice.

I don't blame him. I'm not upset with him. He just didn't have a good playoff run.. and that's okay.

I think Hossa will stay for an even bigger discount now. After coming up short, I think they will all be more driven to win the cup next year. Red Wings didn't even play like they wanted the cup this year and they still made it to game 7 of the SCFs. If Wings actually wanted it (and worked for it), they would have it again right now.

Then Hossa would be heading off to a non-contender team (Pittsburgh / Oilers) for a big pay day.

Yes I said Pittsburgh, I doubt Pittsburgh will do anything again for a long time (if they don't go bankrupt first)

After all that s*** that the Penguins have said about Hossa, he's never going back to Pittsburgh.

Hossa may not have performed in the finals (neither did Crysby), but he did help us get to the finals. Without him, it could have been the Ducks and Pens for the cup....

I want Hossa to resign at a very very reasonable price so he can have another chance to hoist the cup.

Edited by Snazzy

Sadly, Wings were too injured and depleted from the start of the series. Penguins should share the cup with the Ducks (and Chi-town), because that's the only reason why they won the best of 7. If Wings were healthy and coasted through the playoffs (unfortunately western is more competitive and harder division) like the Penguins did, Hossa would be drinking from the cup after 5 games of the series.
Dude, you already posted this in a different thread.

No need to copy and paste s*** to get your point across.

Kindly re-read the post. And TRY to pay attention. I'll respond to each of the comments you've highlighted:

I never stated that you, in particular, "gave up on him".

I never stated that you, in particular, called him a "piece of s***" or a "worthless human being".

What I DID state was that it was THOSE fans stated these things, (and there were MANY OF THEM) who were the ones "throw(ing) s*** against the wall", rather than those of us who KNEW BETTER, while YOU claim, in your previous post to Shoreline, that HIS belief in Osgood was "throwing s*** against the wall".

The other comment?

I never stated that you, in particular, ever posted that Osgood would be " SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round".

What I STATED is that you, and many others, were nasty, snide, condescending, and rude to anyone who didn't agree with those who DID believe that.

So, not only are you DEAD WRONG, not only do you have NO CONCEPT of the capabilities of your own goaltender....

But your reading comprehension sucks, too.

Pay attention next time.

Englsih lession 101:

You, and many others, were nasty, snide, condescending, and rude to anyone who didn't agree that it WOULD, 100%, be Osgood who would not only cost the Wings the Cup, but who would be SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round.

Subject: You

Verb: were

Adjectives: nasty, snide, condescending, rude

Proposition: to

Object of proposition: anyone........that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round

Looks like you falsely accused me. Learn English before your next post.

Englsih lession 101:

You, and many others, were nasty, snide, condescending, and rude to anyone who didn't agree that it WOULD, 100%, be Osgood who would not only cost the Wings the Cup, but who would be SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round.

Object of proposition: anyone........that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round

fail.....

Haha that's so funny he came here to win the cup and was 2 whole goals away from succeeding!! What a dumbass!!! He should have stayed with the worst coach in the league a.k.a Therrien and the team headed for disaster until they turned things around 2 months before the end of the season!!! What a tool, can't believe he's not psychic and knew the same two teams would be in the SCF for the 2nd straight year and that he would lose in a Game 7!!!

SUCK IT HOSSA

Win.

You don't have to win the Stanley Cup to be a winner - sorry if you disagree. Yes, the Stanley Cup is what you dream of your whole life but Detroit is the superior franchise with more history, memories, real fans, success, sportsmanship and class.

Hossa is still a winner. And he's right. Staying on Pittsburgh might've changed everything.

I still want him to hang around because I truly believe we'll be back next year and he'll play a large role in it when we win.

Edited by cirov19

Englsih lession 101:

AGAIN....

Your READING COMPREHENSION sucks.

You appear to be able to READ the actual words, as typed, but have a bit of a problem grasping the CONTEXT in which they are written.

Once again....

You postulated in your original post to me that you, in particular, never posted the following comments:

That you "gave up on him."

That he was a "piece of s***"

That he was a "worthless human being".

And that he would be "SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round."

Specifically, YOU accused ME of having you "confused with one of (your) butt buddies. None of these words were ever posted by me."

In response:

I posted that YOU WERE RUDE TO ANYONE WHO DISAGREED with THOSE WHO DID POST such comments.

One more time, just so you can follow along:

I never accused you of MAKING those comments, (as you accused me of, initally), only of being RUDE TO THOSE who didn't AGREE with the comments when they were made by others.

As a side note:

Please, kids.....

Stay in school.

What's a sweeter victory:

1.) Winning a Cup right off the bat with a team you just joined.

2.) Winning a Cup with a team you have suffered through defeat with, and then coming back to fight with your entire heart to finally win a Cup with the teammates you've grown to love like brothers.

I'd take number 2 for sure. Remind you of 1997 at all? We lost the year before to the avs in the WCF and they went on to win The Cup. The next year we came back with a vengeance, (the cheap shot on Draper, the Brawl on 3/26, losing to them in the playoffs), and ended up winning The Cup for the first time in 42 years. The emotions, the painful defeat in previous years, facing our rivals and finally coming out on top, the bonds between the players - it made for what was probably the sweetest Wings' victory in our time. Who wouldn't want to experience a victory of that magnitude?

Cap space aside, I hope Hossa sticks around and gets to experience a Stanley Cup win with the Wings that is much, much sweeter than he originally hoped for.