• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgi

How sad are you at the moment?

Rate this topic

I'm sad. I cried. already took off the playoff bracelets. Had my 7 year old cousin over who also dissolved into a blubbering blob on the floor. I'm pissed. I'm dissapointed. I dont want to go out into public and deal with everyone wanting to talk about it. I dont want to go to work and listen to my bosses talk about the game when I know they didnt watch and dont know what they are talking about. sometimes I hate being a fan. yet I couldnt not be a fan....it sucks.

up here in Gods country i am not doing that bad at all really.... getting ready to hit the sack so that we can head to mackinac Island in the morning

The game was over after the 2nd goal was scored, just like game 6 (exactly like game 6) so the rest was just going through the motions

Edited by OsGOD

Im really sad...

I wanna drink myself to sleep.

I think I'm most upset because it didnt feel like the wings wanted it. it was like "if we win it great, if not, well we won it last year" and that makes me so sad. b/c i would kill to compete for a game 7 cup final :(

For some reason it hasn't hit me yet if that makes sense?

Kinda have the numb/shocked feeling. I REALLY truly felt we'd win tonight and be the Champs again.

I'm heartbroken and I don't know...I know it'll get worse once it all sinks in.

Extremely sad! I really thought that our Wings would come in and play a solid 60 minutes like game 5. I will give credit to the Pens, they skated hard and took us off of our game. I am still proud of the season they had and I know that they will continue to contend for years to come!

oh and ps- i got about 100 phone calls when the final buzzer went to rub it in.... yet when they won... i got none... funny thing being an outta town fan...

I'm buying a Winter Classic Zetterberg jersey because he won my heart over this playoffs...he showed the most hunger and sacrifice

I'm good. Took off from my friend's place 10 seconds after the final horn (yeah had to put on my shoes so that's why it took so long to get out of there). Never saw any celebration, out of sight, out of mind is the way I see it. Picked up a 12 pack on the way home to induce the numbing.

And yes, I can agree, WE ARE REALLY SPOILED FANS. Don't take for granted for the way this team has been for over 15 years. A lot of winning, and not a lot of losing. I don't think any fan in professional sports can't envy the Wings organization and it's winning tradition. GO WINGS!!!! BRING THE CUP BACK IN 2010!!!!!!

Eh, I was really PO'd for a good hour after the game but then it wore off. I've been through worse and this team will only rebound from this next season and be twice as good. At least we lost in 7 games rather than getting swept. Remember that?

That's what's so messed up about it. My brother and I have been hardcore Wings fans for 20 years now. And we talked about it before game 7 against Anaheim and agreed that no matter what happens, from an objective perspective, we've been spoiled compared to any other hockey fans over the last 15 years. We know that to be the truth. Yet every year we expect and demand our team win. Of course it's irrational and illogical to think they will win every year, but whether it's a loss in the first round or the finals, we are both angry and disappointed when it happens, and probably to an unhealthy degree. It's insane, and we know it's insane, but it doesn't make losing any easier to take.

i was trying to figure out how to say exactly what you posted...nail on the head.

we are very spoiled as Redwing fans and I love the fact I cry more during cup hoisting and parades down woodward than i do after any loss.

Puts it all in perspective...summer will be long but I look 4ward to seeing the boys packing their golf clubs for Traverse ciy this fall.

another amazing season for the wings, i wonder if any of as fans truly understand how amazing this run has been since 94? its bafflinf to think they just keep reloading and i expect nothing but greatness next year and who knows what will happen.

The team that won deserved to win tonight. I feel crappy, about the same as the loss to the Ducks in 07. I'll be fine tomorrow and will move on.

I'm pissed that I agree with the fact that the pens deserved to win. There's always next year.

Eh, I was really PO'd for a good hour after the game but then it wore off. I've been through worse and this team will only rebound from this next season and be twice as good. At least we lost in 7 games rather than getting swept. Remember that?

It's more disappointing when get closer and lose.

In 95 they never had a chance. Here, they blew a chance and handed the Cup to the other team.

For some reason it hasn't hit me yet if that makes sense?

Kinda have the numb/shocked feeling. I REALLY truly felt we'd win tonight and be the Champs again.

I'm heartbroken and I don't know...I know it'll get worse once it all sinks in.

Feel the same way, I thought there was gonna be a party tonight and that I'd be interested to see when the parade is. Instead this happens, and I just cant handle it.

I didn't get to see most of the game, but I did follow the score on my phone. And when it hit 2-0, I knew that the Wings were playing one of those games where they just don't seem to be in sync. And when I got home, it was exactly as I feared - a team that had almost no urgency. So I've known it for awhile, but that horn (and the sight of Crosby with the Cup) makes it pretty tough.

Feel the same way, I thought there was gonna be a party tonight and that I'd be interested to see when the parade is. Instead this happens, and I just cant handle it.

It hasn't hit me either until in the last hour or so. I know that we could be skating the Cup right now, and we'd have our 5th championship.

It's damn hard to get this far to begin with, but to get here and lose in such a fashion makes me wonder when this team will be back again. They lost a lot of respect from me for the lazy attitude they showed with the Cup on the line in 2 games in this series.

It's more disappointing when get closer and lose.

In 95 they never had a chance. Here, they blew a chance and handed the Cup to the other team.

I'd rather lose in 7 than get swept. Getting swept is to be utterly dominated, especially in that situation to a team that was eons worse than we were. The Devils were sub-.500 and we were the best team in the league. No excuse for getting swept.

This season, we lost to a team just as good as we were and it went right to the very end. I called it in 7 games before the series even started because I knew Pittsburgh would not go gently into that good night. And I was right, only the wrong team won, at least according to my prediction.

Both teams played very well, the Pens just played that much better.

not really that upset. it sucks we lost, but we won last year, cant win em all (though it would be nice) we'll be back next year, and im sure we'll have another great season. good about this team is the winning tradition and commitment to excellance. im hoping to see a few different players next year (helm, leino, ericsson im lookin at you) we'll be back.

Sad? Why would I be sad?

I'm just PISSED OFF at Maryanne Hossa the Queen of the Losers.

What a scumbag that puke is. I wish we'd never signed him.

Edited by PDX Wingman

meh... it sucked at the time but I'm already over it... I'm just looking forward to free agency now and have my fingers crossed that the 09-10 Red Wings will be much more exciting and a much tougher team

I'm not nearly as sad as I thought I would. I think alot of it had to do with winning last year, and that the Pens played better than the Wings did. I'm probably more dissapointed for Ozzie because the way he played his ass off in the playoffs and bailed them out on plenty occasions.

I'm heartbroken and fearing the Cindy!love we'll have to put up with during the off-season and next season.

As a Packers fan, I was just reminded of what it felt like to see them win the Super Bowl, come back to the big game the next year as defending champs, and have Horseface Elway finally win a Super Bowl at my team's expense (and have to listen to the media fall all over him for the entire off season). The sight of him celebrating in slow motion and his freaking windmill diving touchdown still pisses me off to this day.

It's going to be like that for me, again, except Horseface is going to be replaced with Pubic Beard.

Is this Groundhog Day, or something?