• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

What You'll Remember Most From This Season?

Rate this topic

What's the one thing that will stick with you as something specific to this season?

For me, I hope I never see that cycling play again. I used to love it when a Wings player would circle behind the net and set up some great play. But they started doing that, skating out the blue line and no Wings player would skate toward the net and they would inevitably lose the puck.

This was a drastic change from last season and is something I'll remember. Their constant resorting to this failed play cost them quite a few games, in my view.

What about any of you?

The Hossa saga?

The complete and utter breakdown in the regular season followed by a stellar playoffs?

The Anaheim series?

The Osgood saga?

Losing, unfortunately.

As far as the on-ice play, the thing that has stuck out the most to me is the left-wing power-play move they have. Usually Pav will take it on the left-wing side boards, pass back to the point man (almost always Nick) who shifts over to the middle and draws the defender out making the PK shape a diamond. Pav then comes off and settles back just above the point almost at the top of the left circle and fires it on net. He scored probably 3 goals himself on that move this season.

I have no idea why that sticks with me, but I think I just saw the play so many times this year that it's engrained in my brain.

I think that goal that Helm scored where it looked like he was shot out of a cannon against I think Chicago (can't remember) in game 5 and scored. Helm and Abdelkader grew up alot.

Also, Ericcson was something special. He looks like another Lidstrom to me...just plays smart.

I mean, what's going to be remembered years from now is the Hossa saga that sadly and ironicly failed in bringing him/us a cup. For now I'll choose to remember Anaheim and Ozzie's amazing resurgence.

I'm gonna remember how Helm was a freakin force this whole run, how Ericsson got a little justice on Corey Perry, and definitely Kronwalls murdering of Havlat, and of course of how Crosby didn't matter nearly as much as Fleury did.

Guest Shoreline

∙ Relentless Ozzie bashing.

∙ Bandwagoners and knee-jerk reactionaries (zomg I luv Hossa sign him now and f*** Franzen!, no f*** Hossa I luv Mule! Ozzie sucks! Ozzie rules! I love the Wings! f*** the Wings!) ..

∙ Leino impressing me from the preseason and on.

∙ Helm impressing in the postseason like last year. In juniors it was told by scouts and the TSN crew he'd be outstanding for the Wings and obviously that prediction was right.

∙ Abdelkader showing promise in the postseason.

∙ Wings winning without a true enforcer on the team. Laughing as specific enforcer lovers go apes*** over it. :thumbup:

∙ Lids closing in on 1000 points. Will get it next season for sure.

∙ Role players doing most of the carrying for the Wings throughout the playoffs, opposed to the superstars.

∙ Awesome Winter Classic game, thankfully the Wings won that. Enjoying my Lids winter classic jersey.

∙ Watching the 1st place Sharks and Bruins go down. Then watching the Wings beat the Ducks right after the Sharks choke yet again.

∙ One of the most horrendously reffed seasons from start to finish. Also one of the most horrendous seasons for broadcasting I've experienced since I've had satellite (9 years).

Ozzie tearing it up in the playoffs!!!!!!!

and watching Hossa have to shake the hands of the team he lost with last year after producing the giant goose egg in the goal column during the 7 game finals

Why couldn't we have talked Sir Dallas out of retiring... he was more beneficial to the wings then the maid Marian was

Edited by OsGOD

Lidstrom's shot at the end, what an opportunity, what an amazing feeling it would have been if he scored there to force OT... and imagine if we would have won in OT?

then that goal by Lidstrom would become a classic goal, one that is remembered for a long time, it'll further cement his argument for best defensive player ever, it would have been our 2nd cup and dynasty talks would begin as our main nucleus is locked up for a long time, and all on one shot with 2 seconds left...

thats what i'll remember, the fact that all that was gone with one save by big toothed fluery...

Ozzie tearing it up in the playoffs!!!!!!!

and watching Hossa have to shake the hands of the team he lost with last year after producing the giant goose egg in the goal column during the 7 game finals

Why couldn't we have talked Sir Dallas out of retiring... he was more beneficial to the wings then the maid Marian was

One thing is for sure, if Drake was in Cooke wouldn't have survived the series long enough to run our players.

-Cleary's goal to win the Ducks series

-Helm's OT winner in the WCF.

-Ozzie's playoff run, he was a beast.

-Kronwall's hit on Havlat

- last but not least the one game that I made to the Joe this year against St. Louis just before Christmas watching Datsyuk score a beauty shorthanded goal in a 4-1 win.