• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Are you content with Z and Franzen?

Rate this topic

Franzen or Hossa  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am just glad I didn't buy a Hossa jersey! :lol:

I did. When I did, I pretty much knew that he wouldn't be on the team next season, but what I didn't know is that we would lose in the SCF. I was betting on us winning and that jersey reflecting our championship and the whole story. O Well! I pray next year we stay healthy, then I think we are poised to reach the big prize with Z, Dats and Franzen than any other team.

I'm wondering if we run out of gas and how that will reflect on our season. I think our biggest issue isn't the players on the ice, but our defensive coordinator.

How many times did red wings palyers say that Hossa was a perfect fit in the locker room? He scored 40 goals this season, I keep repeating it because it's extremely relevant. He was #7 in goals scored this season. THAT MEANS SOMETHING. If you say someone who has scored 40 goals elsewhere and then scores 20 with the wings, you can cry chemistry. But Hossa nearly had a career year in goals, and likely would have if he didn't miss some time, so this renders your chemistry argument void.

You know just as well as anybody that locker room fit has little to do with how well players fit with each other on the ice. I'm sure you have some friends you get along with pretty well. That doesn't mean in another situation that you'd unquestionably trust them with something if they don't know to handle the situation properly.

Ok, I acknowledge his 40 regular season goals were important to the Red Wings regular season success. Woo! Celebration! Regular season success!!! There's real meaning in this!!! Especially in a city like Detroit that's judged on playoff success! Somebody get me a beer!!!

Seriously, why do you defend him so badly? Having a little trouble selling that Hossa towel on ebay?

While there was a time I did want Hossa over Franzen. I'm glad we kept Franzen over Hossa. Z and Franzy I think are terrifice and I would have loved to been able to keep Hossa as well. I'm very happy and more that content with having the Mule and Zetter. We didn't have Hossa in 08 and we did have Franzen and we won the Cup. I look forward to toasting another Stanley Cup Championship in Detroit real soon I hope.

Everyone knows Hossa is more skilled than Franzen. But Franzen is more valuable considering the money we put down for him and the money Hossa is paying now. You continue to dodge that fact by arguing that "Hossa>Franzen" and because of that he is more valuable in a cap world. That isn't true.

But if you keep repeating something over and over again then it's more likely to be true.

Guest Shoreline
But if you keep repeating something over and over again then it's more likely to be true.

If you sig it, it's like 1000x more true. :ph34r:

If you sig it, it's like 1000x more true. :ph34r:

Unfortunately he already took his ball and went home.

But I'd certainly hope so in regards to your sig. :thumbup:

Can you imagine the amounts of alcohol consumed? Along with all the peanut butter jelly? :banana:

Guest Shoreline
Unfortunately he already took his ball and went home.

But I'd certainly hope so in regards to your sig. :thumbup:

Can you imagine the amounts of alcohol consumed? Along with all the peanut butter jelly? :banana:

Evidently he expressed his anger at me by looking at my profile and rating it 1 star. I dunno what I'll do now. My eFeelings have been hurt extensively by this.

Btw, I have no idea what you're on about at the end there, but it reminds me of that Peanut Butter Jelly Time video with the dancing banana. :blush:

What areas?

Goal scoring - Hossa

Playmaking - Hossa

Backchecking - Hossa

Defense - Hossa (I concede it's a slight advantage if anything, he's definitely not worse)

Speed - Hossa

Hitting - Even (Hossa had more hits than Franzen in the playoffs, Franzen had more in the reg. season)

Intensity/Effort - Hossa

Clutch Goals - Franzen, but a very slight advantage

Takeaways - Hossa

What else is there?

showing up - franzen

playing through adversity, injuries - franzen

scoring in a game 1,2,3,5,6 or 7 of the playoffs - priceless, I mean, franzen

Btw, I have no idea what you're on about at the end there, but it reminds me of that Peanut Butter Jelly Time video with the dancing banana. :blush:

Just the celebration that would occur if your sig times 1000 came true, which would mean 12 cups times 1000, which would mean the amount of alcohol and peanut butter jelly time celebrations in '08 times 1000.

Guest Shoreline
Just the celebration that would occur if your sig times 1000 came true, which would mean 12 cups times 1000, which would mean the amount of alcohol and peanut butter jelly time celebrations in '08 times 1000.

LOL. Alright, I got it now.

LOL. Alright, I got it now.

Bugger. Somebody who's been on this site longer than I have ... :clap:

Also, +1 to the points you've made. It was nice having Hossa, but in the end, I'd rather have Franzen than be bumping up against the cap and having to ditch other players.

~ Z

Everyone knows Hossa is more skilled than Franzen. But Franzen is more valuable considering the money we put down for him and the money Hossa is paying now. You continue to dodge that fact by arguing that "Hossa>Franzen" and because of that he is more valuable in a cap world. That isn't true.

And that is where I disagree. I think for only 1.3 million more, it would be worth it to have Hossa over Franzen.

Anyway I better hurry out again quick, I don't want to lower this thread's maturity level that Shoreline and titanium2 has established so high.

To the 16 of you that would rather have Hossa than Franzen- Franzen is really good in the playoffs. Hossa is not as bad in the playoffs as many think he is. But Franzen steps it up come playoff time, and I think it was he, not Zetts who should've won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 08.

To the 16 of you that would rather have Hossa than Franzen- Franzen is really good in the playoffs. Hossa is not as bad in the playoffs as many think he is. But Franzen steps it up come playoff time, and I think it was he, not Zetts who should've won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 08.

He would have if he didn't get that head injury. He and Z were tied for goals that year and tied for the record, but Z played more games. And Z is still a beast on defense.

If he didn't get that clot or whatever in his brain then he might have had more points than Z which would have strengthened his case.

But even then I have to disagree.

Along with the fact that he led all forwards in ice time and the whole team in points, this single event pushed him further beyond anybody.

And that is where I disagree. I think for only 1.3 million more, it would be worth it to have Hossa over Franzen.

Kind of a moot point in today's cap era. If we didn't have the cap, we would've signed Hossa and Franzen and be laughing about it.

However, Hossa's most recent playoff performance makes him less of an asset than Franzen. Imagine what Hossa would've commanded in the free agent market had he torn it up in the post-season and won a Cup. Regular season aside, Hossa didn't live up to his price tag. And before Hoss got here, Z posted a 43-goal season and we won the Cup. So, we don't need to freak out because Hoss left and took his 40 goals with him. The Wings scored 289 goals for the '08-'09 season, and 252 GF the previous year. I think you'll see Z's and Franzen's goals go up once more and be closer to the higher GF mark set this past season. I could care less if we do though ... "D" wins Cups and we stank up the joint this season compared to previous ones.

As it is, we're fortunate to have the players that are on long-term contracts, because they opted to take hometown discounts. I'm very happy with the team going forward and giving the young guns an opportunity to show their stuff. The same way the eurotwins started out. It's conversations like these that make me think, "maybe we are spoiled?" Other teams just wish they could get into the playoffs. We wonder when we'll win the Cup again and why we can't have Hossa, Z, Dats, Franzen, and other high dollar players all at once.

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

Could someone kindly tabulate the top playoff goal scorers since the lockout and figure out who sits at say... the top 2 spots?

Thx!

No one? Geez... now I'm going to have to whip out my trusty abacus.

Let's see here... carry the one... Would you look at that!

#1 since the lockout, one Henrik Zetterberg with 36 goals.

#2 since the lockout, one Johan Franzen with 29 goals.

Franzen is the more consistent player, and shows up when needed (playoffs), so I am quite happy. We have Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Franzen locked up long term, and that's a good place to be. Hossa was great in the regular season, but I think couldn't handle the pressure and attention in the playoffs. It's great that he scored 40 goals in the regular season, but the Wings were going to the playoffs whether he was there or not. He wasn't singed to a fat 1 year contract to be a great regular season scorer. He was signed to help the Wings repeat, and to that end he didn't do much.

No one? Geez... now I'm going to have to whip out my trusty abacus.

Let's see here... carry the one... Would you look at that!

#1 since the lockout, one Henrik Zetterberg with 36 goals.

#2 since the lockout, one Johan Franzen with 29 goals.

thats signature worthy. good post.

Anyway I better hurry out again quick, I don't want to lower this thread's maturity level that Shoreline and titanium2 has established so high.

How many Stanley Cups have you won as a GM?

Yes I'm very happy with them both. Their both good at both ends of the ice and they both score goals. They both give and take hits. They both play really well on the power play so I'd say I'm happy with them both.