• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cjm502

Red Wings Shift Foucus to UFA's

Rate this topic

I'd be all over trading Filppula+ for Kessel.

Sign whichever scorer will take $2.5m or less Prospal/Bertuzzi/Tanguay/Sundin/Zherdev + whatever grinder you can get for $1m or less Malhotra/Grier/Peca

Zhredev is 6 2 200lbs. he is a big man. problem is he doesn't play big or in his own zone. he is worth taking a chance on for a 1 year deal just to see how it works out. I would be really scared to sign him long term just incase Babs couldn't get rid of his bad habits.

I'd be really happy with Prospal and Grier. No to Bertuzzi, never liked him, he's more injury-prone than it's worth, and it didn't work the first time he played for us.

No to Zherdev. A lot of people have already said it and that's his bad habits. He could be such a great player. Sykora, Prospal, Grier, Sundin and Tanguay are on my list. Pyatt maybe. Williams I don't really want but I would accept him back. 40-50 pts gets you almost what Hudler got last year, and he can play the point on the PP. My problem with him is that I just don't see him being successful in the playoffs. He's only had one shot really in 06 and lets face it no one did well that year except Hank. But I just don't see it with him.

They need to do something now. Not cause of anything to do with the team just for my own sanity I need some real Red Wings news here. We are in the time of the summer where things really slow down. Need something!

They need to do something now. Not cause of anything to do with the team just for my own sanity I need some real Red Wings news here. We are in the time of the summer where things really slow down. Need something!

Looks like we're stuck arguing over the usual. Goons and our tweeners (Filppula, Leino, Homer). I actually think Filppula will be the new whipping boy, mostly because of the lack of confidence in his shot. I think he's fairly confident in everything else but his shot. And you just know we fans like to prey on anyone with a lack in confidence.

Obviously Prospal is on the top of my list, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bertuzzi come back for a year either. I do have a horrible feeling that if we end up signing Bert he's going to spend a big part of the season injured, though...

If he could stay healthy, and not take dumb penalties or at least not a lot of them, he would be great on a 1 year deal. But my hopes are that they stay away from him. It doesn't sound like he would come here anyways. Sounds like he wants to stay east for the travel.

I just hope we don't sign anyone until after TC, just in case we have any suprise kids at camp; if not then we sign some free agents.

No one will be left though. If somehow that did happen, a young kid had a great camp, then the Wings could waive signed players if needed. But my guess is they would just let the kids play down in GR to get more playing time. The kids would probably be 3rd or 4th line players here.

Does anyone know of the type of relationship that Prospal and Babcock had while they were in Anaheim? My only concern with Vinny is from his little outburst against Torts last year. That strikes me as a potential problem, but if he and Babs already have a good history I don't think Prospal will have as much a problem buying into the system.

Does anyone know of the type of relationship that Prospal and Babcock had while they were in Anaheim? My only concern with Vinny is from his little outburst against Torts last year. That strikes me as a potential problem, but if he and Babs already have a good history I don't think Prospal will have as much a problem buying into the system.

How much of that was Torts? I haven't gotten the impression that he's the easiest guy to get along with.

How much of that was Torts? I haven't gotten the impression that he's the easiest guy to get along with.

I honestly have no clue, and its not necessarily a negative thing that Prospal went out and scored a couple that game either. I'm just looking at all possible worst-case scenarios.

Sign whichever scorer will take $2.5m or less Prospal/Bertuzzi/Tanguay/Sundin/Zherdev + whatever grinder you can get for $1m or less Malhotra/Grier/Peca

:thumbup::thumbup:

Why would Boston do this? They have like $1mil in cap space so how does taking on $3mil in Fil for an unsigned restricted free agent help them?

Boston couldn't take on Fil's salary, they are looking for primarily high-end prospects with a low cost roster player and probably a 1st rounder thrown in.

I would love to have Kessel, I just think it's pretty doubtful.

Zherdev would be amazing to watch with Datsyuk. Also for those saying he's small and soft, he's actually 6' 2" and he has gone a little ways in the toughness category over the last year with the Rangers. He was throwing his body around a good amount and wasn't hogging the puck as much as usual. For those who haven't seen much of him, check out this video:

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Zherdev would be amazing to watch with Datsyuk. Also for those saying he's small and soft, he's actually 6' 2" and he has gone a little ways in the toughness category over the last year with the Rangers. He was throwing his body around a good amount and wasn't hogging the puck as much as usual. For those who haven't seen much of him, check out this video:

*drool*

But I do worry about his "supposed" work ethic problems. You know Babs will have none of that s***.

Keep the Cap Space and make a deal at the deadline. We have a solid team right now. Don't spend money just to spend it. Yeah I'd love to have Kessel on this Red Wings roster but I don't realistically see that happening anytime soon. Stay with what we have and see how it goes from there. If after a month or so something isn't working out than make a deal, you don't have to wait for the deadline to make a deal we can make a deal the first day of the Regular season if we want to. I like what we have and I think we should stay put for now.

Keep the Cap Space and make a deal at the deadline.

Kenny did just that this past season... and got snookered at the deadline. We lost three UFAs, an RFA (Hudler), and potentially Lilja. You can bet Ken will add at least one body.

Keep the Cap Space and make a deal at the deadline. We have a solid team right now. Don't spend money just to spend it. Yeah I'd love to have Kessel on this Red Wings roster but I don't realistically see that happening anytime soon. Stay with what we have and see how it goes from there. If after a month or so something isn't working out than make a deal, you don't have to wait for the deadline to make a deal we can make a deal the first day of the Regular season if we want to. I like what we have and I think we should stay put for now.

But they still need at least one forward, if they want Abdelkader in GR, then they need 2. They only have 10 right now not including Abby. Plus they still need to replace some of the offense they lost. I'm not one that says they need to repalce 82 goals, cause I think their D and goaltending will be and has to be better but they need to get some offense still. I understand where you are coming from but it's not spending money just to spend it. It's to finish out their roster and let the other young kids develope in GR.

We have to add someone with some experience and scoring ability. There's really no way around it. The West is going to be too competitive. There's going to very little point difference between 1-8 out of the West and a lot of teams will just miss out of making the playoffs. We'll be on the backend of that if we don't sign somebody and the Wings management knows that. There's just no way we don't sign someone. I hate to say it as it pains my soul immensely, but even Williams is better than nothing at this point.