• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hockey23

Wings sign Patrick Eaves to 1-year/$500k deal

Rate this topic

I wonder if we could get prospal cheap as well. Yet another bought out player with something to prove.

Either that or see if Tanguay will come for $2.5M to $3M, assuming Llja starts on LTIR, of course this would be a stetc but I don't hear of anyone beating down the door of Tanguay.... maybe there is a reason, eh?

Either that or see if Tanguay will come for $2.5M to $3M, assuming Llja starts on LTIR, of course this would be a stetc but I don't hear of anyone beating down the door of Tanguay.... maybe there is a reason, eh?

Tanguay would have to take a substantial pay cut, he's just a bit out of our price range.

Edit:Yeah, I'm pretty sure his stock has fell dramatically over the past few seasons.

Edited by thedatsyukian

I am sure Eaves want to restart his career and ask for more money if he has a good year.

Yeah, it would have been great though.

Getting Eaves for only 500k means now we can surely afford one more good forward to help us bring Stanley back to its rightful home. I'm still hoping for Griere. Zherdev would be perfect. But he's a tad pricey. Mike Griere is exactly what we need. And now we have the cap room to get him. Let's do it Kenny!

Guest Crymson
I wonder if we could get prospal cheap as well. Yet another bought out player with something to prove.

Prospal doesn't really have anything to prove in the same way that Eaves does. Eaves came into the league highly-touted, but he never panned out. Prospal has always been a consistent offensive producer.

Getting Eaves for only 500k means now we can surely afford one more good forward to help us bring Stanley back to its rightful home. I'm still hoping for Griere. Zherdev would be perfect. But he's a tad pricey. Mike Griere is exactly what we need. And now we have the cap room to get him. Let's do it Kenny!

I don't think Daniel "Griere" is available, unless Philly successfully buys him out.

I'd rather have Zherdev or Mike Grier.

How does signing Eaves have any bearing on weither or not we sign Williams?

Offer to Williams is still on the table.

I was wondering the same thing.

I don't think Daniel "Griere" is available, unless Philly successfully buys him out.

I'd rather have Zherdev or Mike Grier.

Nice attempt at being a smart ass, but spelling Briere as Griere is just as wrong as spelling Grier as Griere.

Guest Four

I'm glad we got Eaves, he could really be an impact for only 500k. Sweet signing!

Whatever happens next pretty much determines Eaves' place in the line-up. If the Wings can pick up a scorer, he'll likely end up on the 4th line, a grinder, 3rd line up.

I'd like to see one of Prospal/Sykora/Bertuzzi if they choose a scorer. If they elect to add more grit, I'm still holding out for Grier/Bell/Betts. I absolutely do NOT WANT Williams... I want to have just one year where I don't ***** about a right winger playing the line on the PP. Please don't turn Eaves into that guy for me Babcock. Notice how all of my "scoring" forwards are left handed. Don't do it!

*Uses the Babcock scowl on Mike Babcock*

Anywho... the line-up could look something like:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary/Homer

Franzen-Filppula-Sykora

Leino-Helm-Homer/Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Eaves

Oulahen

OR

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Homer

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Leino-Helm-Eaves

Maltby-Draper-Grier

Oulahen

Looking at both line-ups, I actually like the 2nd one best. The first one is safer and adds like 20 goals or so, but for some reason that 2nd line-up seems really cool. I still think Sykora could compliment Franzen-Flip well, though. One more move will make me feel a bit safer... So regardless of what gets done... Git R' Done Kenny.

Great gamble at $500k. Hopefully the environment will bring out the best in him. If he can put up 20 goals again, he just might end up being the steal of the summer. I like this move. We'll see what happens next. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with Jason Williams.

How the hell did Kenny get this guy at 500k?

My best guess is that Eaves wants to re-establish himself as a decent player. He'll likely have a good year with Detroit, and then he can cash in next season. Just a guess.

Good move, picking up another team's buyout for cheap. Let's hope we can di the same thing with Prospal for around 1 million, that would set us up pretty nicely. I just hope Eaves doesn't try to fight again, he didn't do so good last time.

I think the lines should look something like this:

ZDH

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Cleary/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Eaves

OR

ZD/Cleary

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Eaves/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Holmstrom

Good move, picking up another team's buyout for cheap. Let's hope we can di the same thing with Prospal for around 1 million, that would set us up pretty nicely. I just hope Eaves doesn't try to fight again, he didn't do so good last time.

ZDH

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Cleary/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Eaves

OR

ZD/Cleary

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Eaves/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Holmstrom

Holmstrom on the 4th line? I think there is a better chance of Babcock playing on the fourth line for most of the season than Holmstrom

Holmstrom has a good enough pedigree that he'll start the season in his normal spot.

I'm hesitant to think that Leino and Eaves will be on the same line but that's probably how Babs will start out.

Pav-Z-Homer

Bear-Fil-Mule

Pug-Helm-Eaves

(Abby)-Drapes-Malts

He'll likely have a good year with Detroit, and then he can cash in next season. Just a guess.

So in a way he's going to fill in for Hossa. Except he'll actually stay on the 3rd line where he belongs.

Edited by titanium2

ZDH

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Cleary/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Eaves

OR

ZD/Cleary

Franzen/Filppula/Prospal

Eaves/Helm/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Holmstrom

Have any of our guys who have fought recently not wound up with long-term injuries? These guys should just not be fighting.