• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

[GDT] 10/3 - Red Wings, 3 @ Blues, 5 (Stockholm)

Rate this topic

A couple bad goals from Jimmy. But it's not like the Wings were dominating otherwise (minus the first 10 minutes). Looks lke he's got a good glove hand but a weak five-hole.

Lebda was brutal. And the Wings couldn't seem to figure out what to do once the Blues started clogging central ice.

Well said. This just about sums it up from my perspective as well.

Also, your description of Howard sounds like a certain other Red Wing goalie circa 1998 ;)

I have a better idea Detroit need to end the season on the last place 4 years in a row we will pick up first rounder’s and start a comeback to dominate another 10- 15 years.

Chicago - Blues- Atlanta- Washington-s***sburg and many others picked up the best young players out there WHERE is the fairness here?? It should be a lottery not a granted picks ******* Batma

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

for those who watched cbc:

i think cassie cambell did a great job colour commentating!

its not everyday you see a female broadcaster for hockey these days..!

hella good job cassie!

now the wings have til thursday to rest up and actually play a good game...!

It's a little too early to be worried but so far I'm not very impressed with our play. Lebda has been especially atrocious.

At least Williams is looking a bit better than I thought he would, and Bertuzzi isn't playing too bad either.

It's good that we have a few days off before our next game. Time to get refocused.

Edited by adtthosa

for those who watched cbc:

i think cassie cambell did a great job colour commentating!

its not everyday you see a female broadcaster for hockey these days..!

hella good job cassie!

now the wings have til thursday to rest up and actually play a good game...!

:thumbup: She was a helluva lot better than Pierre McGuire!

esteef

Edited by esteef

I dont know why anyone would be all that suprised at what just happened in these first two games. Anyone who follows this team close and watches every game would've found this very similar to alot of our regular season play from last year. This team has no desire to team defence in the regular season, average goaltending and average special teams. Board the roller coaster because we will see alot of these kind of games this year. Its like they know they are good enough to go at 75% for the regular season and then turn it up come playoff time to make a deep run. Keep in mind that we had alot of guys who didnt hardly play in the pre season and the fact that the Swedish guys would have had obligations while in Stockholm. Dont get me wrong i hate this garbage regular season style but get used to it !

excellent, now the real season can start!

wtf is up with hockey in october being played at 3pm on a FRIDAY and SATURDAY anyways.... enough with the preseason games... lets fire up the real 7:30pm est start times boys!

Uggg... Lebda. FML. Lebda's been non-stop brutal since the preseason.

This team desperately needs some defensive structure. Look how well Andy Murray had the Blues playing... they suffocated us out there. I'm starting to wonder just how critical the change from the 07-08 coaching group has been.

Does anyone think it is too early to start tanking?

You mean for the team or for us? :blink:

Meanwhile, I want to think it's because there was too much pressure for the Wings to deal with in these two games in Sweden. Doesn't matter if we think that's wuss-ass or not. They could have felt it and reacted accordingly.

I want to think that's what happened in these two games.

:::sigh:::

You can tell the boys are not ready for regular season to start. They are still sleeping and resting from the off season... it's painfully obvious that the past three LONG seasons are catching up to the players.

Our stars were mediocre at best... others were invisible. Nobody came to play the past two games... They are not working or playing "their" game.

Howard showed signs of brilliance at times. The two bad goals were bad, but I am giving him a break.. today was his first official regular-season NHL start as a backup. Rookie mistakes, nothing more. Even Brodeur, Luongo, Mason, Roy made mistakes in the start of their careers... Howard gets a break.

Ericsson and Kronwall are the best defensemen on this team. Lidstrom who? He's showing his age.

Williams outplayed Datsyuk... he's going to great for us! Holland did an awesome job getting this guy as cheap as he did... Williams plays like a $2.5 - $3 million dollar player.

Bert, GAG! WTF... he's our weak link on the 2nd line.

Zetterberg is rusty and out of time... but he was still one of our best forwards

Datsyuk is unimpressive. He needs to get his s*** together and stop trying to make the pretty plays. Dats is on my s*** list...

Stuart made some nice hits and I love his physical presence, but he makes some of the damnest bone-headed plays.

Our 4th line is more impressive than our 1st line. And that's sad.

Bottom line, Wings are still sleeping. They are not in NHL form yet.. they are playing 50% at best. They need to get their s*** together!

Edited by Snazzy

Ericsson and Kronwall are the best defensemen on this team. Lidstrom who? He's showing his age.

The same Lidstrom that single handedly broke up two 2 on 1s and routinely stripped attacking players of the puck, and made several good cross seam passes on the power play, in addition to his usual effective outlet passes? He was on the ice for no goals against, ES or PK.

The same Lidstrom that single handedly broke up two 2 on 1s and routinely stripped attacking players of the puck, and made several good cross seam passes on the power play, in addition to his usual effective outlet passes? He was on the ice for no goals against, ES or PK.

The same Lidstrom with the "C" on his sweater that can't rally his team to play like they are capable of. He was also unimpressive on the PP. Kronwall was more impressive.

Yes, that would be the Lidstrom that I am talking about. I'm glad his contract is up this year, he is grossly over paid right now.

Edited by Snazzy

The same Lidstrom with the "C" on his sweater that can't rally his team to play like they are capable of.

I think some of the guys need to take some responsibility for their own play, but it's neither here nor there. The man's credentials -- including captaining a team to a Stanley Cup victory -- speak for themselves, as does your panic after a two game losing streak (spoiler: it won't be the last).

He was also unimpressive on the PP. Kronwall was more impressive.

Kronwall gets the goal and the glory I suppose, but Lidstrom was fine out there. He made several excellent passes and was getting good shots off.