• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

[GDT] 10/3 - Red Wings, 3 @ Blues, 5 (Stockholm)

Rate this topic

I think some of the guys need to take some responsibility for their own play, but it's neither here nor there. The man's credentials -- including captaining a team to a Stanley Cup victory -- speak for themselves, as does your panic after a two game losing streak (spoiler: it won't be the last).

Kronwall gets the goal and the glory I suppose, but Lidstrom was fine out there. He made several excellent passes and was getting good shots off.

I don't think Snazzy is serious. I think he incessantly just bulls***s trying to get a rise out of people. If he's serious, he doesn't understand hockey at all. You've got to take anything he says with a grain of salt one way or the other.

And I can't wait to see how he replies to this.

Looks like all the areas of concern during the offseason were addressed. The PK is still terrible. the defense has no idea what it's doing, and the goal tending situation is worse. Let's add two more concerns: the star players are playing like s***, and the PP is ineffective. Looks like it's shaping up to be a great season.

What an absolute embarassment for this team! At least they have a long plane ride to ponder their abilities, engagement, and intensity.

What kind of goalie can we get for Bertuzzi?

He once went to Florida for Luongo in a trade.

I'm not giving up on Howard. He made a rookie mistake and was rattled. Patrick Roy was even rattled early in his career... Luongo was just rattled a day ago. This was Howard's first regular season game as the official backup role on the Red Wings. Needless to say, his team in front of him left him out to dry on a couple of those goals. He gets the pass.

Osgood, arguably the best post-season goalie in the league holds more value than any goalie in the league due to his mental stability and sharpness in the playoffs, after all, the object to NHL is winning Lord Stanley, right?

Bert and Hank are horrible together. Babcock needs to try Bert on other lines. I'd like to see how he does on the 3rd line.

Larsson hasn't played an NHL regular season game yet, but he can't be much worse.

That's true. However his stats were not much worse than Howard's this AHL season. And he got SEL Goalie of the Year "Honken Trophy" 07/08! Not that it's saying much, but still :D I wonder if he'll get a chance to play a regular season game in the NHL this year. What do you guys think?

Edited by Jim Morrison

You can tell the boys are not ready for regular season to start. They are still sleeping and resting from the off season... it's painfully obvious that the past three LONG seasons are catching up to the players.

Our stars were mediocre at best... others were invisible. Nobody came to play the past two games... They are not working or playing "their" game.

Howard showed signs of brilliance at times. The two bad goals were bad, but I am giving him a break.. today was his first official regular-season NHL start as a backup. Rookie mistakes, nothing more. Even Brodeur, Luongo, Mason, Roy made mistakes in the start of their careers... Howard gets a break.

Ericsson and Kronwall are the best defensemen on this team. Lidstrom who? He's showing his age.

Williams outplayed Datsyuk... he's going to great for us! Holland did an awesome job getting this guy as cheap as he did... Williams plays like a $2.5 - $3 million dollar player.

Bert, GAG! WTF... he's our weak link on the 2nd line.

Zetterberg is rusty and out of time... but he was still one of our best forwards

Datsyuk is unimpressive. He needs to get his s*** together and stop trying to make the pretty plays. Dats is on my s*** list...

Stuart made some nice hits and I love his physical presence, but he makes some of the damnest bone-headed plays.

Our 4th line is more impressive than our 1st line. And that's sad.

Bottom line, Wings are still sleeping. They are not in NHL form yet.. they are playing 50% at best. They need to get their s*** together!

I cannot tell if this is a serious post or if you are joking around -- I am hoping it is a joke though because you're assessments are so bizarre they come off as funny.

Howard showed no signs of brilliance, what he did show is exactly what we can expect from him - an under par, unreliable goaltender. This is nothing new, nor is this his "first official regular season start as a backup." He has actually started 7 games for the Wings as is 1-5-1.

Lidstrom played fine, he was a +1 and when you lose a game 5-3, and are played close to 27 minutes, I would say you did your job just fine. Not to take away from Kronwall or Ericsson, who have played well too.

However your most obscene claim is that Bert is "GAG, the weak link on the second line". Bert, as well as the rest of the line have been playing great - actually, they are the only line really playing well. Bert had an assist and was a +1, Cleary notched a goal and was a +1 and Hank had 2 assists and was a +1.

Overall the Wings didn't show up, and that is not one players fault. But there are a couple things that you can take out of this weekend: Lebda blows, Howard is below average at best (this really shouldn't be a shock to anyone) and our defensive makeup is way off - and I have no clue why or what it is.

We're doomed, I tells ya. Doomed.

I wouldn't go that far, but I can see why people are upset. I was banking on having a good weekend watching the Blues get beat and drinking some Killians. Turns out I'm having a bad weekend drinking some Killians.

I blame the Swedish fans for this.

They didn't seem to root very hard even though we had so many Swedes on our team. So much for the homecoming. Mindfly should have started a chant or something.

Beautiful women, but s***ty fan support.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Howard is Osgood jr. and not in a good way. I don't know if he has the mental toughness it takes to be a goalie in Detroit. Maybe I am being too hard on him, but it was hard to see Conklin in a Blues jersey. I really liked Conklin and I thought that he was a good fit in Detroit and it is too bad that the Wings could not afford to keep him.

I do feel bad for the Wings because they had the Swedish crowd cheering for them and they blew two games that they should of won. They went all the way to Sweden and could not win a game for their family and friends.

I want Pavel and Hank back together because neither seems to have chemistry with their lines. I know that chemistry takes time, but each of them seems kind of lost at the moment.

I wouldn't go that far, but I can see why people are upset. I was banking on having a good weekend watching the Blues get beat and drinking some Killians. Turns out I'm having a bad weekend drinking some Killians.

Of course I hoped we'd win these games, but we weren't going 82-0 and losing a couple games here and there isn't the end of the world.

I blame the Swedish fans for this.

They didn't seem to root very hard even though we had so many Swedes on our team. So much for the homecoming. Mindfly should have started a chant or something.

Beautiful women, but s***ty fan support.

Of course there's no real die hard supporters with chants because Detroit is an AMERICAN team after all. Mostly families went to this game. If you look at real games in SEL, then you can see some fan support.

I'm a little disgusted with the Wings preformance after the First 20 Minutes of the game. Most of our roster consists of Swedes. I can only imagine how they feel. I don't think it's time to panic or make any rash moves seeing as it is only the first two games of the season but the Wings do need to play their game. It's a long season and we have to be patient give the Wings a chance to find their legs. Keep the faith Wings fans just keep the Faith.

two things,

we don't have the offense this year to play the kind of defense we did last year

and, looks like we want to try anyway.

mccrimmon needs to go. i don't know if he's the problem or not, but this is the same team we saw last year with less firepower. they need some sort of shake up, because we don't have to offense to bail out s*** goal-tending and defense all year long.

Howard's short leash just got shorter in my book. He hasn't once showed me anything that tells me he's an NHL-calibre goalie.

Edited by Cern

To be honest, we need a 6th defender to take Lebda's spot, and a new backup goalie to take Howard's spot. I don't care what the conditions are, Howard shouldn't let in two soft goals like that THIRTEEN seconds apart.

Getting rid of Bertuzzi would be nice because he hasn't done crap on the ice and he's almost older than dirt (and not fit like Chelios), but I know it's not gonna happen.

At this point, I'd just be happy with having Larsson up instead of Howard. Let the failure go.