• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

[GDT] 10/3 - Red Wings, 3 @ Blues, 5 (Stockholm)

Rate this topic

The Wings really stunk my weekend up.

1. TERRIBLE special teams.

2. WEAK goaltending.

3. For a puck possession team, we are not very good along the boards, and do not seem to have a lot of hussle to the puck.

Same exact reasons why lost to Pitt in the Finals. Nice to see they worked on that over the off season.

I hope the coaching staff can fix this.

No, they won't be able to, Brad McCrimmon should've been fired after last season, also you need the right players to win, sure glad they signed Williams and Eaves, and opted to keep Howard....

10 minutes of utter domination, 50 minutes of s***e.

I don't know if I can stand another season of bad defence, goaltending and PKing, and how its all because we don't have any enforcers.

Credit to the Blues, they were getting pwned in both games and they came back and put on a clinic.

Didnt like this Sweden trip when it was rumorer during the finals. Didnt like it when it was announced, HATE IT now. What a frickin waste, Mike better give them a day of rest when they go home, and then skate them until it hurts.

It was a great event & a treat to us European fans. But yeah,2 losses = not sexy.

Only two games, hopefully this brings Detroit back down to earth. Goaltending was awful, Holmstrom just ruins everything Franzen/Datsyuk tries, it's pathetic. Powerplay and Penalty Kill bad, just not what I expected to see.

Same exact reasons why lost to Pitt in the Finals. Nice to see they worked on that over the off season.

No, they won't be able to, Brad McCrimmon should've been fired after last season, also you need the right players to win, sure glad they signed Williams and Eaves, and opted to keep Howard....

Yes, goaltending is why the Wings lost in the playoffs.

HURRRR

Well.. lets hope there is something better waiting for the Wings back on this side of the pond. You can blame goaltending.. Blame PK.. blame what you will.. but overall what I saw was absolutely zero effort. We played for 30 Minutes yesterday and about 10 Minutes today. No matter how good your goaltending is and how good your PK is, you probably wont win many games when you are completely out worked in every aspect of the game. If the Wings give 100% and play like we all know they can then it really doesnt matter how the PK is and goaltending suddenly becomes less of a factor. I expect to see a whole different Wings team back in the joe after a week of practices with a probably not very happy Babcock.

A couple bad goals from Jimmy. But it's not like the Wings were dominating otherwise (minus the first 10 minutes). Looks lke he's got a good glove hand but a weak five-hole.

Lebda was brutal. And the Wings couldn't seem to figure out what to do once the Blues started clogging central ice.

is it me or has Mule sucked these two games?

It's because he is on a line with Holmstrom, Datsyuk/Franzen are practically playing 4v5. It's getting stupid seeing Holmstrom skate his heart out on a forecheck just to be 10 seconds late.