Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

To borrow a baseball euphemism "SWING andddddddd a miss"

#23 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

For the love of god Osgood is not going to play this playoff unless Howard is injured. Stop posting these stupid polls. Anyone who does post one should have there account banned. Howard is outplaying Nabakov in this series hes just not getting help.

#24 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Howard obviously doesnt have enough experience to face San Jose which is a more veteran type team. last year i believe ozzy was the best goalie in the playoffs with the best goals against ratio, somewhere around 1.88 or something? i dont remember. the point is howard just isnt ready for this veteran team, we need to put in our veteran goalie. please. everyone knows the last two goals scored by SJ was howards fault.

anyone agree

So we put osgood in we win? Suck my **** im pissed off at you osgood nuthuggers i dont give a f***, you guys seriously don't realize that we aren't the same team as before, who used to outshoot our opponents everygame now its different howies doing good.

#25 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Putting Osgood? Now some people lose their control. Putting the goalie with few starts into the playoff due to only experience? We should start Howard because he is our future and he is better at this point. Meaningless poll and thread

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#26 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

Howard has played great for us. He let in a few softies against the 'Yotes, but he redeemed himself. He answered all the whining from people after game 3 by getting a shut out in game 4. If it wasn't for Jovo trying to get into Howie's pads in game 5, he gets a shut out there too. Game 7, fluke goal right off the face off, if it wasn't for that he picks up his 3rd shut out in a 7 game series. Tonight's game, the majority of SJ's goals were due to ticky-tack calls, including a 5 on 3, and then the game winner on a play where Lids has to drop his broken stick, and unable to help Howie. I see absolutely no need to pull him for a cold/rusty Osgood.

Lets face it, after the season the Wings had, we should all be glad that they are even in the WCSF. Maybe he has played like crap like you think he has, and I just don't see it because I'm a big Howie fan, he still stays in net. This is the year where whether he play good or bad, he gets the first post season under his belt. So this thread about pulling Howie for Osgood, is just as ridiculous now, as it was during the first series. And I guarantee that there will be someone here who makes the same exact thread when we play the Nucks/Hawks next round. That's right, we WILL play them, with HOWIE in net.

Edited by Jasper84, 02 May 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#27 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Oh sure, let's put Ozzie in. Sounds like just the thing we need to right this ship. While we're at it, why don't we go throw some dynamite on a bonfire too, just for s***s and giggles. Not like anything bad is going to happen there either!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#28 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

If Howard is the goaltender of the future for this franchise, you don't hide him on the bench when the going gets rough. He doesn't have experience but how is he going to learn sitting when the chips are down? No, you leave him in. He has been playing well for the Red Wings all year. He has been having a solid postseason so far too. He's a rookie goalie and rookie goalies rarely backstop a team to a championship, I think expecting him to do that is a little much, but you definitely don't yank him if he's the guy Detroit will be counting on for the next decade or so. He gives the Red Wings the best chance to win now, and later. Whatever Detroit's playoff destiny is this year, the experience will make him a better player.

#29 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

#30 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

You crazy.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#31 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

why did you make this thread if ozzie plays we will loose for sure
Posted Image

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'm a huge Ozzie fan, but the only place I want him on the ice is if we can put him in the black-and-white-striped shirts. That's the reason we lost tonight.

#33 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

I voted no.

I was going to write more, but I forgot what I was going to say. I am pretty trashed right now.

But yeah the answer is no.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#34 Homerzata9640

Homerzata9640

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

oh yeah, lets put in a goalie who has played in TWO whole games since the start of 2010. Yep, that will fix everything! Ozzie can take draws and win them right?
4-5.

#35 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

Off the Florida Keys
There's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all

#36 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Howard actually broke Lidstrom's stick and is obviously the reason we lost.

Get a grip.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#37 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Why can Ozzy dive more dramatically and draw calls like Nabby does?

#38 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

I love how someone will always blame the goalie for any loss.

Edited by Zeowingsfan, 02 May 2010 - 11:29 PM.

The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#39 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

Ozzy or Howard, if our defense doesn't step up it won't matter.

For the love of god win some f/o's please.

#40 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

this is stupid we would loose in four
Posted Image