Photo
- - - - -

If the wings gets Eliminated by the Sharks....

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

If the wings' gets eliminated by the sharks are you going to follow every other series with much interest and enthusiasm?
Personally I think I couldn't watch any more, would feel too angry and s*** and it's not worth staying up til early morning to watch a team you're not supporting, I feel like I will need a break just like the wings do, too...

What will you do?

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hell no!
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

If the wings' gets eliminated by the sharks are you going to follow every other series with much interest and enthusiasm?

No, I won't watch "with as much interest and enthusiasm," but I will definitely still watch with interest and enthusiasm. It will hurt like hell, but I love playoff hockey, and that won't end if the Wings bow out.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#4 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

I don't live in Sweden so it's no inconvenience to me, I'd keep on keeping on.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#5 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

I'd continue to watch, but with much diminished interest and enthusiasm and definitely on HockeyStreams so I don't factor into the NHL's ratings.

#6 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

No, I won't watch "with as much interest and enthusiasm," but I will definitely still watch with interest and enthusiasm. It will hurt like hell, but I love playoff hockey, and that won't end if the Wings bow out.

I'm the same way. Tonight, I am having a Pens and a CBJ fan over to watch the Boston v. Philly game. While I love the Wings, I also love hockey in general.

#7 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Honestly, I watch to support the Wings, not the NHL...I might catch a game here or there but I wont be following closely.

#8 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

still gonna watch the rest of the series/playoffs, still gonna watch next season (and every season after) with enthusiasm (i always hear deniro as capone when i use that word!).
wings are my team, but i am a fan of the sport. the league is in my doghouse today, but show me a better sport out there!
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#9 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Probably not. Other than maybe Vancouver I don't really like watching any of the other teams left.

You have the Sharks and the Habs' Lapierre diving, Kane blatantly cherry picking, Alex Burrows, Chara underachieving, Flyers in the penalty box and Matt Cooke's knee on knee special recipe. All stuff I'd rather hear about from a headline rather than spend hours watching.

#10 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Based on the way you phrased it, no, not as enthuisastic, but I will still watch for sure, I'm a hockey fan. I live in Toronto and often hear that there are a lot of Leaf fans around, but not necessarily a lot of hockey fans. Funny statement, could be true, not really sure. In any event, Leaf part aside, I'm not included in that bucket of being a fan of a particular team, but not necessarily the sport as a whole.

That said, I may not put every effort into staying up late watching Sharks games.....although, I likely will if it's the finals.

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

I will certainly watch and, if they are still in it, I will root for Vancouver.

Otherwise, I will just watch for the sake of watching because it's hockey and I love hockey.

My heart will not be in it, and that may be good for my central nervous system and digestive system.

#12 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

No I would barely catch a game if the Wings get eliminated but that's not on my mind at all right now...

#13 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

Simply, no. The only teams I'd want to see win the cup is, of course Detroit, then LA, then Nashville, then PHX, then sabres/bruins/philly.

However, the way I see it. There are still more games to be played!

#14 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'd watch, just to make sure one of San Jose/Chicago/Pittsburgh didn't win the Cup.

Any other team and i'm okay.

EDIT: actually i lied i forgot i have money on San Jose to win the Cup. Hopefully Vancouver makes the WCF and knocks them out cuz i have money on them too at better odds :D

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct, 03 May 2010 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

#15 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

I'd watch. I wouldn't catch every game, sure, but I'd like to see Hossa finally win a Cup. I'd rather see that than Pittsburgh anywhere near the treasure again. I think Boston's going to take it to them though. I predict a Vancouver/Chicago vs Boston SCF if the Wings are donezo come the end of this round.

Posted Image

#16 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

I don't usually follow as closely. I will definitely root against the Pens (or any other team that has eliminated the Wings in recent history) and any Canadian team. That's my formula.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#17 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

Well yea! Wings fan first and Hockey fan second! Always watch the playoffs. If the Sharks beat us then i would root for them to win the cup unless it's against a canadian team! So if it's sharks and nucks in the west conference finals then im rooting for the Caunucks! But if the Sharks play the Blackhawks then im rooting for the Sharks! And in the East it's all montreal baby! Go Habs Go!! :thumbup:

Thank you Teeman!

#18 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Yeah. Gotta get ny hockey fix before the season is completely over. Would definitely prefer it to be the Wings...but its a long drought til October.

#19 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

- i'll find out the scores of the late night games the next day

- i'll cheer for a west coast team if the pens go to the finals

- my friends wont have to work around a wings schedual

#20 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

it's the playoffs baby! the best hockey all year.

i try to watch as many games i can, wings or not. its entertaining and i love hockey. i will not quit watching if the wings lose. I might take a couple of days break, just to avoid all the pictures/videos of the wing loss (i hate that) but when the dust has settled i will continue watching other series :)