• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

They will riot for less important things.

Riot at Guns 'n Roses concert

*edit*

But yeah, if they win the cup, that city is going to burn down. Almost 20 years since their last cup, I'd be alright with them rioting.

Edited by acidroach420, 13 May 2010 - 12:52 PM.

#22 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

this is hardly a riot. You want to see a riot? LA riots. People killing eachother in the streets in cold blood and burning their own neighborhoods down.

You can't let a few bad apples tarnish the entire city/team. If you are going to do that, then I guess blame the entire black race and dislike them for starting the LA riots back in 92.

I stand by what I said and it was simply a bunch of idiots taking over a situation. The cops were all too busy shooting tear gas into the crowd and couldn't have an eye on the stores the got smashed into.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5, 13 May 2010 - 01:09 PM.

#23 cr00d

cr00d

old school

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

Imagine if these idiots win the Cup.

Rioting after a 2nd round win? Shows you what their franchise has sunk to.

Maybe it's a good thing that they've sucked for the last 15 years, or else we'd see more riots in Montreal.

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

#24 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Sadly, I am not shocked by this. Not the first time we've heard of rioting in Montreal I think. And as much as I dislike thou shalt not be named, burning images of him? Come on......

Haven't these people ever heard of just celebrating out with the guys over a few beers?

#25 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

Go live in Quebec and see if you have the same thoughts after living there! They don't consider themselves as a part of our great country so why should we?

On another side note... wait until the winner of the Eastern Conference (doesn't matter who it is) meets the winner of the Western Conference (doesn't matter who it is either) because I have a feeling the Western team will destroy the Eastern without too much trouble! Remove Halak's miraculous performance from Montreal's current play off run and they are swept in the 1st round!

Edited by The Secret, 13 May 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

I love their team but cannot stand their fans.

It's one thing to be happy. It's quite another to do what they did.

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

They will riot for less important things.

Riot at Guns 'n Roses concert

*edit*

But yeah, if they win the cup, that city is going to burn down. Almost 20 years since their last cup, I'd be alright with them rioting.

Some people may not agree with the rioting,but those fans are some of the most passionate fans in the NHL.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

Habs fans in Montreal are absolutely nuts. This is normal behavior for them and it does not surprise me at all. Good for them :) Anyone know how many police cars got burned and/or flipped this time?

#29 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

I love their team but cannot stand their fans.

It's one thing to be happy. It's quite another to do what they did.

Atleast their fans care about the team, showing interest and emotion... which can't be said about 90% of the american nhl teams

#30 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hockey victory = excuse to steal booze and sneakers.

Disgraceful behavior. :thumbdown:

I suspect it was more about criminals wanting an excuse to steal things and break stuff and less about real hockey fans...
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I suspect it was more about criminals wanting an excuse to steal things and break stuff and less about real hockey fans...

But still,that city is crazy for hockey.No,not every one of those people involved in the looting even watched the game.I know what you're saying tho.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Off topic a bit here, but I wonder what would happen if these clowns were to burn down the Bell Centre (or at least do enough damage to render it useless for several plus weeks)...Where would they play?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#33 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Off topic a bit here, but I wonder what would happen if these clowns were to burn down the Bell Centre (or at least do enough damage to render it useless for several plus weeks)...Where would they play?

Posted Image

This isn't being used anymore.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#34 cr00d

cr00d

old school

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Go live in Quebec and see if you have the same thoughts after living there! They don't consider themselves as a part of our great country so why should we?

On another side note... wait until the winner of the Eastern Conference (doesn't matter who it is) meets the winner of the Western Conference (doesn't matter who it is either) because I have a feeling the Western team will destroy the Eastern without too much trouble! Remove Halak's miraculous performance from Montreal's current play off run and they are swept in the 1st round!

I actually have lived in Quebec (though I was too young to remember it now), and have visited many, many times (including Montreal, and even some smaller, more french speaking towns). Truth is, there are some who treat anyone who speaks english poorly, but to gerealize an entire province over a few is ridiculous. I live in Ontario, have have for almost 30 years now... and I can tell you that the prejudice you feel when you speak english in Quebec, the French feel when they speak french in Ontario.

Side note: I agree with your side note 100%.

#35 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

This isn't being used anymore.

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Guess my hatred really exceeds what I thought it was at...

These pics make me Posted Image Posted Image
But really, lets wait for the Cup Habs fans for the celebration. Realize these are huge wins and all but there could be better things to come. But hard to find anything better than a ripped up burned picture of Skid Mark. Shows how they really felt about him winning that Gold for them.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#37 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

But still,that city is crazy for hockey.No,not every one of those people involved in the looting even watched the game.I know what you're saying tho.

Oh definitely. Les Canadiens are an institution in Quebec.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

I'm not a prejudiced person generally, but what is wrong with French people? Whether you are in French Canada or France, it's like you're automatically programmed to riot.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Oh definitely. Les Canadiens are an institution in Quebec.

I,personally,think they have a legit shot at the cup.People that i talk to still don't give them any credit,but that team has chemistry.If they win the cup,that entire province will be burnt down.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

What pisses me off is that Detroit still is the butt end of jokes about rioting after playoff victories. Nothing really bad has happened here since the 1984 Tigers. Since then Dallas, Denver, Montreal, LA, Boston have made huge asses of themselves but we are the city with the bad rep.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.