• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNut 25

The Tomas Tatar Fan Club (and nickname) is born

Rate this topic

First off let me say that training camp was an EPIC experience. Far and away the best trip of my life. I can't believe how many players I met and how many autographs I got.

So now onto the thread title. Erin (from LGW) and I made friends with 4 people in the autograph area that we ended up hanging out with all trip: Jason, Kevin, Ashley and Amanda. At some point we were discussing prospects and Tomas Tatar came up. Jason made mentioned of how he botched his name once before and referred to him as "Tartar." Instantly my brain got going and I said, "Then we need to give him the nickname of Sauce" in obvious reference to tartar sauce. We unanimously agreed it was both hilarious and awesome. We decided we would be his first fan club members and bestow the new name upon him. Well not long after, Tatar came out to sign autographs. Jason said he was going to tell Tomas about it all. So when he got to us and signed our stuff we told him the story and asked if we could nickname him Sauce. He loved it! He was so cool and laughing about it. Jason quickly asked him to sign his program "Sauce" above where he had signed his name and the best part is he spelled it "Souse." So now Tomas Tatar is nicknamed Sauce but spelled Souse. Jason made a sign for the Red & White game with Souse Fan Club #21 on it and Tomas skated by, smiled and nodded his head. So freakin cool! I told Tomas it is gonna spread like wildfire!

The Souse is awesome. It is already catching like wildfire (on Facebook, at least).

Ya, cause we all know that it isn't anything until it's on myfacebookSpace.... :puke:

When is this world going to grow up and act like adults?

Anyhow, nickname ok, but I have an aunt nicknamed sauce so it'll be kinda hard hearing this and not picturing him that way.

I like it, Ken Kal was broadcasting the Red and White game on the radio and mentioned we needed a linemate for him named Fish, so we could have Fish and Tartar on a line together. Just think if we could actually sign guys with the last names Fish and Sauce,

Tartar skates up the wing, floats a pass to Sauce, Sauce dishes it in front of the net to Fish, who reels in a defender before passing back to Tartar, he shoots, he scores!

Detroit goal scored by number 27 Tartar assisted by number 21 Fish and number 57 Sauce.

On a more serious note Darren McCarty would probably be better suited for "The Sauce" since it sounds like a nick name for an Alky.

Edited by Booster313

Ya, cause we all know that it isn't anything until it's on myfacebookSpace.... :puke:

Anyhow, nickname ok, but I have an aunt nicknamed sauce so it'll be kinda hard hearing this and not picturing him that way.

You'll live longer if you don't sweat the small stuff Gramps.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I like it, Ken Kal was broadcasting the Red and White game on the radio and mentioned we needed a linemate for him named Fish, so we could have Fish and Tartar on a line together. Just think if we could actually sign guys with the last names Fish and Sauce,

Tartar skates up the wing, floats a pass to Sauce, Sauce dishes it in front of the net to Fish, who reels in a defender before passing back to Tartar, he shoots, he scores!

Detroit goal scored by number 27 Tartar assisted by number 21 Fish and number 57 Sauce.

On a more serious note Darren McCarty would probably be better suited for "The Sauce" since it sounds like a nick name for an Alky.

i wish jiri fischer could play again