• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Goaltender interference? Nah.

Rate this topic

For those who didn't see the Toronto-Florida game last night, I thought you might appreciate this clip given some of the goals Homer has had called back over the last few seasons.

I've always thought the refs have no consistency on what exactly constitutes goaltender interference, but this one is laughably bad.

Note the ref standing about 10 feet away with a great look at what happened. The same one who signals goal.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I want Homer to skate up to Bryzgalov tomorrow night, look like he's about to knock him over just like Orr, and then gently tap Bryz on the shoulder.

The resulting goalie interference penalty will give us all the proof we need. Muah ha ha.

I want Homer to skate up to Bryzgalov tomorrow night, look like he's about to knock him over just like Orr, and then gently tap Bryz on the shoulder.

The resulting goalie interference penalty will give us all the proof we need. Muah ha ha.

They will probably find an excuse to give him a double minor minimum haha.

Did anyone see Hiller try to embellish getting it with a stick last night? I swear he looked like the Crosby of goalies with his show he put on.

I think it was interference, or at a minimum, incidental contact that would have waived off the goal, but not resulted in a penalty. That said, the goalie took a dive, like all goalies do. More often than not, they get the call, in this case, he didn't.

Refs make bad goalie interference calls all the time and also miss some....like this one. The Leafs even admitted that it should have been called.

Guest best poster in LGW history

that is literally worse than every single goal that holmstrom has had called back due to interference in his entire career.

Guest Hatethedrake!

After seeing that, I expect all teams to run the goalie over now. Why not? The precedent has been set. May as well try it.

... the goalie took a dive,

I watched the video more than a few times looking for that, and I'm going to have to disagree with you. He was plainly and obviously hit and then the guy was falling on him too. Therefore, I think Clemensen's reaction was to relax and go with the energy and force of the hit to minimize it's impact on him. Why fight it and expend energy and risk injury when he has nothing to gain? You can see where his knee was aobut to be in a very awkward position with all his weight and Orr's weight on top of it, risking injury, so he whipped his leg out from under himself and spun a little with the hit to minimize it's impact.

If there is one ref in pro sports that is on the take (that NBA ref a few years back), you better beleive there are more out there.

Basic definition of goaltender interference. Unbelievable. Like what they're doing with head shots, but this really needs some attention too. Get it done, Gar-Bear!!

I think it was interference, or at a minimum, incidental contact that would have waived off the goal, but not resulted in a penalty. That said, the goalie took a dive, like all goalies do. More often than not, they get the call, in this case, he didn't.

Refs make bad goalie interference calls all the time and also miss some....like this one. The Leafs even admitted that it should have been called.

I don't think it was just incidental. Orr takes a stride after he gets "knocked off balance" to push the goalie. And the goalie didn't dive, Orr was ON TOP OF HIM.