• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Bettman Moving on?

Rate this topic

WOW, please discuss this!! Curious on everyones insight and thoughts.

It appears NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has been exploring the possibility of leaving his post for a job in Major League Baseball, according to a report on Toronto radio station The Fan 590. During the program "Primetime Sports," which aired yesterday evening, host Bob McCown revealed that Bettman has been lobbying for the role as Commissioner of MLB once current Commissioner Bud Selig retires. According to McCown, Selig is believed to be on the verge of retiring and "going to the wild blue yonder." Despite Bettman's best efforts, MLB will be going in a different direction. "Gary Bettman has been campaigning for the job of commissioner of Major League Baseball to succeed Bud Selig," McCown said, "but Stan Kasten is the chosen one." Kasten is the former President of the Washington Nationals. In 1999, Kasten became the President of the Atlanta Thrashers when the city was awarded an NHL franchise. "It's just time to be doing something else," Kasten told the Associated Press upon announcing his resignation back in September. It has been widely reported that once Bettman leaves his post as NHL Commissioner, current Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly will take over, though that is not expected to take place in the near future.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl101109.html

Get Bettman out, put the NHL back on ESPN and all will be right in the world.

I agree. Get Bettman out, we need someone who will do good for this league and bring it back to how it was 10 years ago. I wonder if he was to leave who would be a good candidate for that position.

Isn't Dryden up for re-election to Parliment in 2012? I'm still holding onto the slim hope that he'll step out of the public sector and back into the NHL and what a better position for him, than commissioner!!! :)

Please Remove the cap while you're at it... new commissioner :):thumbup:

Sorry to say it, and I hate to admit it... but all professional sports leagues need a cap... they just need to fix the cap...

Hopefully he doesn't go, things are just starting to look up and Bettman can do some great things business-wise with leverage considering how good the product is. He's done a great job so far.

Wow.... I finally get it now.

You ARE Gary Bettman, aren't you? Constant trolling on Wings forums, an indescribably unnatural passionate love for Sidney Crosby... can't help but to give yourself props and praise for doing a "great job", despite every shred of evidence pointing to you doing a TERRIBLE job.

Stop trolling us, Bettman. And as far as you leaving the NHL? :banana: :banana: :banana:

You ARE Gary Bettman, aren't you? Constant trolling on Wings forums, an indescribably unnatural passionate love for Sidney Crosby... can't help but to give yourself props and praise for doing a "great job", despite every shred of evidence pointing to you doing a TERRIBLE job.

Stop trolling us, Bettman. And as far as you leaving the NHL? :banana: :banana: :banana:

it all makes sense now!

Which is?

Bettman has not done as bad of a job that many of you make his work out to be. His job has very little to do with the many things people criticize him for.

WOW, please discuss this!! Curious on everyones insight and thoughts.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl101109.html

I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes...hell I've got my testicles crossed too hoping that Bettman's done soon. I don't think MLB would be dumb enough to bring him in as commish though. Just imagine the World Series being played on the Home & Garden Network.

Guest Stolberg

I agree. Get Bettman out, we need someone who will do good for this league and bring it back to how it was 10 years ago.

lol

Brendan Shanahan for Commissioner:

-free pony rides for all

-ice girls are mandatory for every NHL team

-drinking beer is encouraged between periods

-shootout? what shootout?

-all women in attendance must shave their underarms

Oh, don't tease us. Shanny as commissioner would be kickass!

Which is?

Bettman has not done as bad of a job that many of you make his work out to be. His job has very little to do with the many things people criticize him for.

It has nothing to do with what he does - it's what he doesn't do.

A good commissioner will have the stones to tell the owners when they are being idiots and stand up to them to do what's best for the league and convince them to follow his lead, even when they're too scared/stupid to do so on their own... not just roll over and do EXACTLY as the owners tell them to do... Bettman is a sniveling, little turd of a man who is nothing more than a puppet for the owners and doesn't know enough/care enough about the game to make the hard decisions and tough stands when needed.

Problem is that he is grossly unqualified.

As much as I love Shanny and think he is really learning the front office job well (and may be ready in 5-10 years) you are dead on, he needs more experience in a business role, before he should even be considered for such a role...