76 replies to this topic

#1 PotbellyJoe

PotbellyJoe

Research Ninja

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hey All.

Wondering if anybody on the board is going to this game?

I am making the journey from Jersey and will likely be staying in Ann Arbor for the Friday and Saturday night.

I also may have two spare tickets. 9th row in a corner.

It would be cool to do a meet up/drink up.

109,000+ tickets sold, pretty cool.

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

College hockey is crap compared to junior, ahl, or nhl, but it would be fun to attend this I think. Is this going to be on national tv (besides nhl net, if it even is going to be on nhlnet, they usually have stuff like this on there)

Edited by jollymania, 03 December 2010 - 02:51 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

College hockey is crap compared to junior, ahl, or nhl, but it would be fun to attend this I think. Is this going to be on national tv (besides nhl net, if it even is going to be on nhlnet, they usually have stuff like this on there)

Just checked the schedule, not on NHL network since they are showing the Boston U at RPI game... Might be on ESPNU but who knows seeing as December 11 is the day they award the Heisman, so I'm sure it will be wall to wall coverage of that all day. Yipee...

#4 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

It's on FSD and Big Ten Network (FSD Feed)

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#5 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

I'll be there baby! Cheering for my Wolverines!

#6 po-GoWings

po-GoWings

6:00ATOI Antagonizer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

after being at the cold war i had to pick up tix for this one. corner 40 row 4. see ya there!

#7 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

college teams that are more than half filled with NHL prospects are crap... college hockey is some of the most exciting to watch, with the crowd and the atmosphere.

but i will also be going, chilling in the student section.
To whom much is given, much is expected

#8 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

GO GREEN BABY!!!

#9 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

Going!
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#10 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

GO BLUE! No tickets but I will be out freezing my nuts off with a cold beverage in my hand the better part of the day. Shall make for a grand tailgate.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

College hockey is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about. Only thing junior has that college doesn't is fighting. Junior hockey is too disproportionate in talent. One player can carry a team in juniors, but not in college.

This game should be awesome. My lil' bro is going since he goes to MSU.

And about those spare tickets you may have... sup :) lol

109,901 tickets sold. Ofiicial Website

Edited by Konnan511, 03 December 2010 - 06:31 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

I'm so pissed that I won't be in attendance to witness hockey history....

I graduated from U-M this past semester, but now I am in Boston doing grad school, and final exams are the week immediately following the Big Chill, so I will not be able to go :( I sold my ticket to a fellow Wolverine, so it's all good

GO BLUE!
Let's Go Wings!

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Aw crap, forgot to add, Go Green! :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm hoping for a game played on Lake Superior between Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. It would be called the Gitchigumi Heritage Classic.

#15 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I'll be in the student section.

Go Blue
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#16 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Sorry but we must agree to disagree. Yost arena may be the best place to watch a game. I may be partial though.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#17 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Getting closer....can't get the damn charcoal grill out of the basement tho. Thing is like 300 lbs. I can't make food for 20 people with my mini gas. Dilemma!

Oh yeah. I will just ask 1 of the 20 people lol. Epiphanies via LGW Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#18 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

So who else is going to this, thanks to Joe, I will be going (God I love LGW) and it'd be awesome to meet up and pregame!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#19 LadyWildcat

LadyWildcat

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

I'll be there in the student section. Go blue!
"Faith is to believe what you do not yet see. The REWARD for this faith is to see what you believe."

#20 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

GO GREEN!!!!!