• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Kings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

knew there was no 2 points as soon as it went to OT.

So glad you are optimistic about the time.

I'll take 5 of 6 on a West Coast trip.

Stolberg: I'm not saying Lidstrom wasn't completely at fault (shouldn't have gone down so low) but not only did Franzen call for a horrible pass, but he also turned back into the offensive zone for a second while the Kings grabbed the puck.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Real tough break for Ozzie. Really didn't give up a bad goal in my eyes. Hate to say it, but un-Lidstrom like turnover by Nick there at the end. Oh well. It is what it is. Still got a point. LGW

And thats why we don't play Ozzie :)

Saw that coming a mile away that play beats Ozzie every time.

Not like the offense or defense did anything to try to win it though

If you guys think .880 save percentage is good then sure he played great. Loss was coming in the shootout anyway

Rest up

wow. OK - so he looked like a second string NHL goalie. Kudos - I expected the usual beer league goalie.

He's the backup goalie. After a long stretch he played a really solid game and made big saves and gave the team a chance to win. That's great.

Jesus you guys are ******* sad. Ozzy plays well and you still have to rip on him. It's pathetic.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

He's the backup goalie. After a long stretch he played a really solid game and made big saves and gave the team a chance to win. That's great.

Jesus you guys are ******* sad. Ozzy plays well and you still have to rip on him. It's pathetic.

Osgood was bad tonight. Allowing 3 goals in 64 minutes with his offense having to bail him out with a whopping 2 goals in unacceptable. Especially to a 4th line scrub like Kopitar.

If you guys think .880 save percentage is good then sure he played great. Loss was coming in the shootout anyway

Rest up

Using a stat to try to prove that he didn't play a great game only shows that you either didn't actually watch the game or you're an idiot.

why did Osgood stand up ? If he just slid across it he would have stopped it. Oh well, played pretty solid anyways.

He does this every time a situation like that comes up. I remember quite a few times that play beating him. Oh well guess the hips aren't like they used to be to be able to slide over

It's the life of a goalie in Detroit...

Your statement is correct. We can't expect perfection from him or Howard, but that won't stop everyone from doing it here.

Rest up

Therein lies the true fan.

Never have hope in your 390+ win goaltender. No matter what always doubt him after winning two cups as a starter here.

Good to know you are showing us all what it means to truly be a fan.

Kinda weak goal for Ozzie to give up after a pretty solid game by him :thumbdown:

Yeah, the fact that the puck was coming at 90mph and was about 10 feet away from him by the time he could possibly be in front of it makes it a weak goal. I mean he had so much reaction time. He should have just KNOWN.

Of the three goals on Ozzie, the first was a bad turnover by Stuart and missed coverage by LIDSTROM, allowing for a deflected shot. The second was practically Helm scoring the goal. The third was a bad pass by Lidstrom in the offensive zone and piss-poor effort by the team on the backcheck, allowing for a 3-on-2 chance.

Ozzie made a bunch of big saves throughout the game, and the score could have been much worse. If the team played at all well tonight, it's a win.

Nope, I'm not ripping on him. Just pleasantly surprised that he didn't suck. Of course he didn't get the win, but I never expected that.

I honestly think the defense was as good as it could have been tonight.

The offense was terribly underwhelming, however. No idea why Franzen called for a pass through 3 King players. That was stupid.

That's what I meant.

Tonight, the offense played like crap all game. They usually play better when Howard is in net, granted Ozzie rarely plays anymore.

But when he does, the team doesn't fully show up.

Using a stat to try to prove that he didn't play a great game only shows that you either didn't actually watch the game or you're an idiot.

OT and Ozzie don't mesh well. I thought the same thing (we will lose) once it went into OT. Going side to side has never been one of Ozzie's strong points and you can expect plays like that during OT.

EDIT: That goal reminded me of Deadmarsh's OT series clinching goal years back. Except this time Ozzie didn't have his legs in the air.

Edited by dragonballgtz

I'm actually looking forward to the day when Ozzie retires. Not because I don't like him - on the contrary, I'm tired of seeing him blamed for everything under the sun. He deserves better.

Yeah, the fact that the puck was coming at 90mph and was about 10 feet away from him by the time he could possibly be in front of it makes it a weak goal. I mean he had so much reaction time. He should have just KNOWN.

Of the three goals on Ozzie, the first was a bad turnover by Stuart and missed coverage by LIDSTROM, allowing for a deflected shot. The second was practically Helm scoring the goal. The third was a bad pass by Lidstrom in the offensive zone and piss-poor effort by the team on the backcheck, allowing for a 3-on-2 chance.

Ozzie made a bunch of big saves throughout the game, and the score could have been much worse. If the team played at all well tonight, it's a win.

Bulls***. The wings had slightly better chances than the Kings and the other goalie was slightly better.

That's what I meant.

Tonight, the offense played like crap all game. They usually play better when Howard is in net, granted Ozzie rarely plays anymore.

But when he does, the team doesn't fully show up.

True. Personally I think Detroit needed a game where their goaltender doesn't put on a clinic (and despite Osgood playing well, he didn't put on any kind of clinic out there) and make up for their mediocre play.

I think Ozzie played well for his first time back after an injury. Honestly, I didn't expect a win tonight, and was happy it went into OT. Not because it was Ozzie in goal, but because he'd be rusty. He needs to play more shifts, more often, to keep his skills up. After tonight's performance, I hope Babcock feels more confident playing him.