Really, no Zetterberg?

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Looks like Nick will have to suffer through this joke. The rest of the guys get some rest. I'm befuddled as to how we didn't end up with a single forward on the roster, though.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

I'm dumbfounded as to how Carey Price made it over Jimmy Howard.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Im not opposed to our players getting extra rest but for the life of me I cant understand how Zetterberg doesnt get named to the roster. That's a joke. Elias gets named with a stat line of GP 41 G 9 A 21 P 30 +/- -11 and Zetterberg gets passed over with GP 43G 16A 33 P 49+/- 9.

Each team isnt represented either I dont think. I didnt notice a Coyote until you get to the rookies (Ekman-Larsson)

Jonas Hiller is the only WC goaltender. That's just weird

Also, WC represents 1 of possible 6 goalies, 5 of possible 12 defensemen, and 15 of possible 26 forwards. Total of 21 out of a possible 42 players. Right on 50%

Edited by mmamolo, 11 January 2011 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#5 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=66980&navid=DL|NHL|home

Looks like Nick will have to suffer through this joke. The rest of the guys get some rest. I'm befuddled as to how we didn't end up with a single forward on the roster, though.

Man i had high hopes this year with the new format, but man these "allstars" are a joke. Are these the teams? I didnt think they were selecting teams till later and i thought the draft would be televised. Did i miss it?

#6 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

lololol elias and backes really?

no zetterberg gaborik or kovy eh

#7 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Let the guys rest... I hope Nick sits out, but with the potential of this being his last All-Star game, I understand him wanting to play.

Anyone going to Boycott the All Star Game like some did with the Winter Classic?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#8 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

I know that they have to include everyone from around the league, but Hank is having a better season than the majority of those forwards.

But he probably would have passed again anyways, and been made to sit out a real game by idiots, so it's just as well.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#9 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

Same here. Eh, at least it's not like Brodeur made it in. That would be the height of ridiculousness.

Part of me is irked that our boys have clearly been snubbed, but the other part of me is happy they don't have to take part in this nonsense (with the exception of Nick, of course).

Gotta admit I would have been psyched to see Helm in the 'Fastest Skater' competition though. :P

ABV_sig.png

#10 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

What is Price's GAA and SV% versus Howard?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

I literally s*** myself when I noticed it wasn't the full Pittsburgh Penguins team. Maybe next year boys.

On a more serious note now, it's a good thing to not play in the All-star game. Most Wings don't even want to play in it, lets rewind to 2009 all-star game ay?

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#12 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

lololol elias and backes really?

no zetterberg gaborik or kovy eh

#13 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Man i had high hopes this year with the new format, but man these "allstars" are a joke. Are these the teams? I didnt think they were selecting teams till later and i thought the draft would be televised. Did i miss it?

These are just the players that have been picked by the NHL. The actual team drafts are supposed to be televised.

Anyone going to Boycott the All Star Game like some did with the Winter Classic?

Not going to boycott. Just not watching. No sense in another Crosby slobber-fest.

ABV_sig.png

#14 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Lol what an absolute joke. Even all of the TV analysts and the players know what a complete joke this is. I have to assume this is the last year they format it like this.

Its simply embarrassing to even televise this event.
Posted Image

#15 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Can't believe Zetterberg isn't in it. It's good for the Wings though

#16 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

I just noticed that Luongo isn't even in there. That's bizarre. Especially considering he was featured in the commercial for the ASG Draft.

ABV_sig.png

#17 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't the format of voting supposted to signify who were the captains then captains choose teams? I swear this was the plan for this year... and fans were to vote in who was captain.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#18 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

I will do what I have done for the last 3 or so years, watch the skills competitions and ignore the boring, pointless exhibition game

EDIT - Side note, I'd take zero all-stars and a big shiny piece of hardware at the end of the season, over a team full of "All-Stars" and an early playoff exit every year

Edited by stevkrause, 11 January 2011 - 11:56 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#19 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Who are the Captains going to be?

Also: No Zetterberg or Howard!?!? That's embarrassing.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#20 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't the format of voting supposted to signify who were the captains then captains choose teams? I swear this was the plan for this year... and fans were to vote in who was captain.

No, captains are to be named by the players.

I would've loved to see Helm make it just to see him compete in the Super Skills.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png